“Make it a regular stop”
Review of Nelle's Restaurant

Nelle's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 25 Restaurants in Cameron
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Food was very good, service prompt and courteous. All that at a bargain price. Don't let the truck stop location keep you away.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Food was good and filling, but average. If you're starved, you'll come away happy. The service was prompt and the coffee was good. What more can I say?

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed across the street and the desk clerk recommended Nelles. It was the worst food we ever had. The meat loaf tasted like it was made of dog food. All sides were canned. The potatoes were instant. We left the whole plate and my biggest regret is that we paid for it. There was no one to complain to as the waitress never came after she served us to see if we needed anything else. She must have tried the meat loaf and knew what it tasted like. Yuk!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We have been area residents since 1984 and eat at Nelle's occasionally. Nelle's has been nicely remodeled to a 50's theme and no longer has the 'truck stop' appeal. The restaurant is now 'no smoking,' which is refreshing. We (my husband and I) ate there this evening, around 9:00 p.m., and were very disappointed. The wait staff was very friendly but not at all attentive. We ordered coffee and cold drinks. My husband ordered a grilled pork tenderloin and fries, which were good. I ordered the 'senior dinner' of two chicken strips and fries. The chicken was overdone and mostly inedible (eventho I have my own teeth). The waitress brought our meals (in a timely manner) along with the bill and she never returned again. We were never asked if we'd like more coffee or if our meals were 'OK.' Needless to say, when we paid our bill she never received a tip...

1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Along our travels in mid March 2012, we stopped to fuel up and grab a bite to eat. We landed at a Sinclair gas station in Cameron Mo named "Jones Travel Mart & Nelles Restaurant". My husband went inside station to pay and asked the clerk if she knew of a good place to grab a meal, she responded "right next door at Nelles". We absolutely loved the 50's decor as we entered and were greeted by a very friendly lady at the front counter. We sat and ordered our dinner and received it within 15 minutes of ordering, I had the most wonderful tenderloin sandwich with a side of deep fried cauliflower.....and I must say that was probably the BEST quick "sit down" meal that we have encountered on our many years of traveling!!
The service given by all of their staff was GREAT, the food was AWESOME!! I can also tell you that we will be stopping at Nelles on our way back home.......they had a huge variety of yummy food on the menu, and I was told the Cinnamon Roll was to die for !!

1  Thank Pauline M