“Good stop, great breakfast”

GuestHouse Acorn Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Cameron
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stopped in this small town on our journey home, we found a great mexican restaurant for our evening meal. The Hotel was a motel, so we parked right outside our door. Staff were very friendly, breakfast was excellent. It was fairly quiet, with a little road noise. The room were tired, but we slept well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for GuestHouse Acorn Inn

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Cameron is a good stopping point for us after a 13 hour drive. The property is older, but maintained fairly well. There were two sinks in the bathroom which I appreciate, since it is much easier to get ready in the mornings. The bed was comfortable and there were no problems with the AC. I would have liked to walk around the gardens, but it was raining while we were there. It was a nice touch. I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had to go to this property during a family emergency. The staff was great. I have just a few things that I thought needed attention. The rooms need some touch ups but that is to be expected as this is a older hotel and the breakfast foods left a lot to be desired. I was surprised that they had flavored coffee creamer which just tickled me to death. I stayed just before the fourth of July of this year and I am planning a trip in a few weeks and will definitely go back.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I would've rated it higher if it weren't for the fact that when I turned the heat on, it smelled terrible, and the rooms were somewhat damp or musty. Other than that the beds were comfortable, bathroom was dated, but for a overnight stop to rest and shower, it was all good. I would stay here again as long as they are maintaining the heat/ac.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had trouble locating a hotel on our trip back home due to Chiefs Camp taking place. So glad I found the Best Western Acorn Inn. What a surprise! The room was huge and even had two sinks. There was a bed and breakfast feel to the room, the grounds were beautiful, and the gentleman at the front desk was very friendly. Will definitely stay here again if I'm ever in the area. I have decided to check into more of these "inns" in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Loved the gardens on the property adjacent to the outdoor pool. Very nicely appointed, seemed private, good room details, comfortable bed. The property is away from the interstate, yet convenient to gas stations, restaurants. Well-managed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We chose this place because of other glowing reviews. This is an older "motel style" place that has been kept up to date. Friendly staff, clean room, wide parking spaces, and a great breakfast. Fresh popped corn awaited us at checkin. In addition to the standard juice, coffee, breads, these folks have a home style kitchen and dining area where the staff was scrambling eggs and offering to cook eggs to your liking. What a place!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple