“Do not get the stir fry.”
Review of Dino's Diner

Dino's Diner
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Cameron
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 15, 2013

First, the atmosphere and service is fairly good. You will be seated and served quickly. However, the food is not the best. I ordered the beef stir fry and was completely appalled by the cuts of beef that I recieved. I honestly believed that they grabbed the most chewy, fatty cuts of beef they could find and put it on my plate. Perhaps I should have requested a better cut? I just thought that was a given. I kept thinking that someone was going to come out an say "gotcha!!", but that never happened. Furthermore, their salad was the cheapest iceberg lettuce, so don't get that either. On the other hand, my two companions were satisfied by the tenderloins and I hear that the breakfast food is good! Just don't order the stir fry! Go to Hunans instead.

1  Thank MatthiassS

Reviewed August 12, 2013

What can I say about Dino's Diner? His food is EXCELLENT! And the owner gets up every morning and makes the daily soup choices. The soup will not disappoint! We have not had a meal there or been unhappy with any. Great choices to choose from. They serve breakfast all day. The usual kids meal choices. My son likes the catfish filet, my daughter the strawberry crepes and my husband and I have a few favorites to choose from. Good wait staff, low waiting time for seating, yet they seem to always be busy.

1  Thank Brandi & Jason J
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This diner is open and airy inside, the staff is very friendly, and the food (breakfast for us, served all day) was GREAT!

Hubby had the omelet, with hash browns that were just perfect -- still potato-y on the inside, crispy on the outside. My eggs, pancakes, and sausage were piping hot and delicious.

As we left, several highway troopers exited along with us. You know a diner is good when the cops eat there, too!

2  Thank ere76
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband & I decided to give this place a try. Bad idea! Almost tried the steak...glad I didn't. Almost tried the ribs...glad I didn't. I had Chicken Alfredo with garlic toast, or what was SUPPOSED to be garlic toast. My husband had 1/4 chicken with mashed potatoes/brown gravy & veg beef soup.
My salad consisted of iceberg lettuce, 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 cucumber slices & tiny croutons. The Ranch dressing was watery. The chicken in the entree tasted like it came out of a can! The 'garlic' toast was simply a slice of bread that was toasted & cut into fourths. Husbands 1/4 chicken was a tiny wing & small breast. Potatoes were instant & gravy was off brand nasty. Soup was so-so.
This place has no ambiance whatsoever!
We will NOT be returning.
Cameron needs to get a clue & stop trying to open up new restaurants. Or...open one that is worth one's time.

1  Thank Loyallylost1
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was recommended by the hotel. A large selection at good prices. Very friendly atmosphere. Loved the catfish.

1  Thank speters56