“Typical...”

Dino's Diner
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Cameron
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband & I decided to give this place a try. Bad idea! Almost tried the steak...glad I didn't. Almost tried the ribs...glad I didn't. I had Chicken Alfredo with garlic toast, or what was SUPPOSED to be garlic toast. My husband had 1/4 chicken with mashed potatoes/brown gravy & veg beef soup.
My salad consisted of iceberg lettuce, 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 cucumber slices & tiny croutons. The Ranch dressing was watery. The chicken in the entree tasted like it came out of a can! The 'garlic' toast was simply a slice of bread that was toasted & cut into fourths. Husbands 1/4 chicken was a tiny wing & small breast. Potatoes were instant & gravy was off brand nasty. Soup was so-so.
This place has no ambiance whatsoever!
We will NOT be returning.
Cameron needs to get a clue & stop trying to open up new restaurants. Or...open one that is worth one's time.

1  Thank Loyallylost1

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was recommended by the hotel. A large selection at good prices. Very friendly atmosphere. Loved the catfish.

1  Thank speters56
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had Sunday lunch with grandchildren.

Prompt seating with a pleasant wait staff. Kids had chicken strips and pancakes. Chicken strips...good. Pancakes...good, but ended up eating chicken strips. Wife had patty melt...OK, but didn't taste like hamburger. I had biscuits and gravy. (Ordered sausage side, not recorded.) The flour wasn't even "cracked" in cooking, so savory was missing in flavor. It SURELY had never seen a sausage (they told you it was biscuits and GRAVY).

Friends in the room ordered fried chicken and reported good.

Expect diner fare (really broad menu). Staff, remember flavor does count.

4  Thank cte39794