“Hidden Gem”

Pepperoni Bill's Pizzeria
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Camdenton
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Very cozy city alleyway theme perfect for private conversations or larger groups as well. Lunch specials and open late.
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

..well not really hidden, it's right there on the square. But you could miss it if you're not looking. Great hand made pizza (made with real dough not frozen), friendly personable staff, served in a small but very comfortable atmosphere. Forget the Hut...go to Pepperoni Bill's and you'll be glad you did.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have now eaten at Pepperoni Bill's four times as I have traveled through and worked in the area.

Let's start with the restaurant itself. It's obviously not a big box joint based on the overall personality of the decor. It seems to be made to look like a old neighborhood, big city, sort of place. Lots of warmth from the table lighting and then it's accented by the twinkling lights placed behind the translucent ceiling tiles. It's almost like setting outside under the stars. I was told that the owner conceived the decor himself and let me just say he did a great job. Very unique.

The staff was super friendly and after I had been there the first time they recognized me and called my name out and "asked for applause" when I entered the restaurant. They interacted with the other customers as well and created a very exciting and friendly atmosphere. Big props to the management and staff for thinking of this. I feel this "separates the men from the boys" in the world of customer service.

Now for the important stuff....the food.

3 out of 4 times, I have had their wedge of lettuce salad and it's amazing. The owner supposedly makes his own dressing and while I am normally a ranch dressing kind of guy, I wouldn't dream of using anything else on the salad at PB's..

At many pizzerias, the process takes place behind a closed door. At PB's you can see the "skins" tossed and prepared as well as the rest of the construction process. The kitchen and prep areas looked clean and organized to me (I have ocd so I pay attention to these things). The pizza has always arrived in a timely fashion and cooked to perfection. I will provide short details about the different varieties I have had in a minute below. I noticed the cook moving the pizza around to different spots in the oven during the cooking process so I asked what was up. The waitress told me that every oven has "hot spots" and that they have spent lots of time knowing where those spots are in their ovens. In order to achieve optimum cooking perfection, they move the pizzas around to a couple of different spots in the oven during cooking.

Crust....the most important thing for me in a great pizza is the crust. Safe to say I am a very picky man when it comes to crust. The crust at Pepperoni Bill's is absolutely amazing. Not sure how to describe it, but I guess I will just say that I would never dream of leaving crusts uneaten on my plate. If you go, ask one of the employees about the "flavor caves" in the crust.

"Hot" Guy On A Buffalo - Basically their answer to a buffalo chicken pizza but with a few twists. Now I mention I got the "Hot Guy On A Buffalo" because I requested they put some of their original "chookie sauce" on the pizza to snap it up a bit.They lightly drizzle ranch across the top and place lemon slices on it when bringing it out to you. The trick is to squeeze out the lemon slice across the top of the pizza as before you start eating. All of the ingredents mixing together make for a most wonderful eating experience. BTW - I took an extra one of these with me and ate it in the wee hours of the next morning and it's a different amazing experience when it's cold. Oh yeah, they hand decorate their pizza boxes so each one is different lol.

PB Deluxe - Basically what all the pizza amateurs would call a supreme. All I can say is wow. They told me that a local butcher shop makes the sausage for PB's and it is hand pinched. Really? Who does that? Wouldn't it be easier to buy off a truck? All I know is that his commitment pays off. It's delicious.

Top Carnivore - You like meat? It's got it, including that fabulous hand pinched sausage.

Blue Hawaiian - Not sure I can ever single out any one pizza as my absolute favorite at PB's but if I had to pick, this might be it. Canadian bacon and pineapple has long been a favorite of mine but at PB's, the Blue Hawaiian is not your normal chain pizzeria fare. Canadian bacon, pineapple, and gorgonzola....a combination that TOTALLY ROCKS.

Every time I've gone, I've drug a friend or a group with me and not once have I been told that I have inaccurately represented the pizza or the total experience.

All of the pizzas I have had at Pepperoni Bill's have been cooked to perfection and proved to me that pizza can indeed be wonderful experience, not just a "meal of convenience". if you are traveling through Camdenton MO, make time to stop and check it out. I will not miss an opportunity to eat there whenever I travel though.

If I seem to be very detail oriented in my review, it's because I am a pizza freak and also very picky about customer service. Oh yeah, the bathrooms have always been very clean as well :-)

Great place for the whole family. Don't miss it.

1  Thank Kyle C
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Roger and bill want you to enjoy the very best pizza and they do a great job of it. Watch Bill hand toss the pizza, the pies are actually larger than advertised loaded with toppings, best pizza at the lake! Definitely recommend !

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Went to Pepperoni Bills to try it out and what a surprise it looks like a little store front on the square but walk inside and it is a quaint space which seats about 40. The dough was hand tossed in view of the patrons. The pizza was full of fresh ingredients and the crust was crispy not soggy in anyway. I will be back next time I crave pizza. Best Around

Reviewed August 18, 2013

It is not just the best pizza at the lake - it is the best pizza I have had in Missouri. The crust is amazing. Cure décor. Hope their second location will be in Osage Beach where we live. Of course I would probably gain a few pounds as I would have to have one every week.

1  Thank GregStLouis_Missouri