“Solid Mexican food”

El Caporal
Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Camdenton
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Omaha, Nebraska
“Solid Mexican food”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Good food, great staff, good drinks. Wife loved it. Solid spot to hit if you're at the lake. Parents liked it too.

Visited August 2013

Lake Ozark, Missouri
“Good Food...”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I have eaten here many times, and never had a complaint. The food is good, the prices are reasonable and the service is fast and friendly.

Visited July 2014
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Always Great Food & Fast Service”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband orders carry-out from this restaurant whenever we're in the Camdenton area. On this trip, I ordered a cheese quesadilla & my husband ordered ground beef enchiladas, served with beans & rice. This is what he orders each time & he indicated that it's consistently great. The salsa and homemade chips are always great, thin & crisp. We shared the quesadilla the next day, which we both felt was even better. We were waited on as soon as we walked in the door, and our food was delivered fast. We've never had a bad experience here with food or service, and prices are very reasonable.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank GizzieLou
Houston, Texas
“Just Ok.....if you're really hungry”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a typical freezer to microwave to table place. Not real Mexican of course but typical of what you will find in this part of the country. Food was ok and was served hot. Chips are the best part of the meal.

Visited July 2014
Spicewood, TX
“Not so good”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I tried my first fajita on Boca Chica Beach back in 1972. It was terrible. But since then, the 'fajita' has come a long way. I rarely order them because I'm usually disappointed; I prepare better fajitas than almost any restaurant.

I ordered the Fajitas Jalisco (beef, chicken and shrimp). I always chuckle since there is no such thing as a chicken fajita or shrimp fajita. The word 'fajita' is derived from 'faja,' or 'belt.' It is the type of cut (diaphragm) found only in beef. Chickens and shrimp don't have the same diaphragms, so, officially, you can't have chicken or shrimp fajitas. But I'll go ahead and digress; the word 'fajita' now represents a method of prepararion.

The chicken was good, but the shrimp were undercooked. I buried them under everything so they could continue to cook on the sizzling platter, and they weren't bad. The beef was chewy and very bland. I pushed all of it to the end of my plate, and left it there.

The rice, beans and guacamole were average, but the chips and salsa were better than average.

The service was slow and inattentive.

There was Mexican music playing, but all I could hear was the loud thumping of bass which was very annoying and muffled the rest of the music. This was accompanied by a rather loud TV, and I was wishing I'd packed ear plugs for this meal.

I will not return.