“Oops!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Belton, Missouri
“Oops!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My son and I have eaten here many times. Have always liked it, but liked El Espolon better. After our last visit, I know why. While I was washing my hands before ordering, as usual the chips and salsa were brought to the table. After sitting down I started to take a chip and my son said I think before you eat that you'd better see this. He showed me a chip with a black thing on it that looked like 2 mice droppings stuck end to end on a chip. He was feeling sick because he had eaten a couple chips already. When the waiter got to our table I showed it to him and said cancel my drink order we are leaving and this is why (showing him the contaminated chip). He went to the other room and came back shortly with another basket of chips and said that it was burnt rice. How could rice get into the grease with chips, rice isn't even deep fried? After leaving my son called and reported it to the County Health Department. They told him they would investigate. About a week later he got word from them saying that they checked and it was burnt rice.Strange they did that because the restaurant was forced to close for two days so if there was no infraction why was it forced to close? Too bad it's the busiest mexican restaurant in town because El Espolon has better food, drinks, better interior decor, and has a clean kitchen. Never found burnt rice on my chips there!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Janice N

Fairfield, Ia
“Favorite”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is was one of our favorite restaurants when in the area! Great food and drinks. Great service. They have the best chips! Super friendly staff!

• Visited July 2013
Elkhorn, NE
“Good Mexican”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Good, fast. Not the best ever, but I would go back if I was in the mood for Mexican. House margarita was cheap, but I would splurge on something better.

• Visited August 2013
Camdenton, Missouri
“Poor Quality”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Margaritas are cheap so they cut the quality of the food. Portions are small and very bland. Cleanliness is not up to par. Will not go back.

Visited May 2013
Camdenton, Missouri
“Mexican Fare in Missouri is Might Tame”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Standard enchiladas smothered in cheese and chili, mild red sauce on the table, thick chips for dunking, and little spice describes most Mexican restaurants in the area, including this one. If mild and Americanized is what you seek, then this will suffice; if you hunger for something more authentic, you will need to look elsewhere.

Visited February 2013