Casa de Loco Winery
Sleep Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks(Camdenton)(Great Value!)
$81
$78
Agoda.com
Dave’s Hideaway Motel(Camdenton)(Great Value!)
$65
Ozark Inn & Suites(Osage Beach)
$68
RodewayInn
$78
$74
Baymont Inn & Suites Osage Beach(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
$109
$119
$107
Agoda.com
$75
Town & Country Motel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
$81
$71
The Lodge at Old Kinderhook(Camdenton)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed on a Saturday night. There was a wedding that weekend so the place was hopping, however the staff was completely attentive. The guitar player/singer was really good! I wish we could have heard more but we arrived a bit late. We loved the carafes of wine and the pricing was great. We can't wait to go back! Loved it!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Our first trip to Casa de Loco was a couple of years ago and it was an adventure getting there! Before long, everyone was humming the tune to "Deliverance" because of the rough, gravel road and tour through the back roads of the county. Now, we look forward to that drive because it's just so much fun to get there.

The winery itself is small and the buildings are old and quaint. What looks like an old machine shed is actually a number of hotel rooms that are nicely decorated. We've never stayed there since we are locals, but they look very nice and seemed clean when we checked them out. The rates also seem reasonable.

The staff always seems welcoming and always happy to do tastings. They explain the wines well when asked questions. The wines have great names like Schizo Bianco, which reflect the winery's interesting past. The wine itself is fine, not the best and not the worst, but it seems to take a backseat to the beautiful setting as you sit outside and enjoy the views.

We've always had a great time at Casa de Loco and plan to be back in the next few weeks!

Room Tip: I've never stayed in the rooms, but the one with the huge shower with all the jets would be the one I'd try!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I honestly almost left when I pulled up to the location. I had reserved a few nights as a family get away since my husband had just returned from his 3rd deployment with the military. I was very impressed with the website and decided to book this as part of our family vacation when I called and was informed it was kid friendly. I did not expect to drive 2 miles up a very windy gravel road. When I arrived at the location I was so amazed at how dirty and old everything looked, nothing like the bright clean photos from the website. I sat in my car debating on leaving or checking in. I checked in and was pretty disappointed by the dead spiders and webs in every corner. When we turned the jets and water on in the bathtub in smelled like rotten eggs. The shower was very nice and I enjoyed it once I cleaned it. Everything was dirty, the tub, sinks, glasses. I have worked as a housekeeper in two chain hotels and never expected to find a hotel this dirty. We couldn't even make coffee because on inspection of the coffee pot the water reserve and hoses where moldy.

On a good note the pizza that they make is very good, thin crust and made in a brick oven. THey also had a very nice white sparkling sweet wine. There where some really incredible views but the patio furniture and decks where terrible dirty and falling apart.

Other than maybe stopping in for pizza if I happen to be in the area I won't visit again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank FunFamily3Travels
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We took a short 3 night honeymoon in the cottage. Upon arrival the cottage was ready and clean. We both were amazed by the view and privacy. My wifes sister had ordered us a bottle of wine which the staff placed in the cottage with a card. It was a nice suprise. After we settled we walked down to the office/store and bought some wine and pizza which we let the staff choose. Both were excellent. There were other customers eating and drinking and it was nice to sit and visit. Even better they were not staying the night. Warning to those thinking of staying here, this is not a hotel or bed and breakfast. The staff is only on site 10AM-6PM week days and 10AM-8PM weekends. Guest are the only people left when they close. Which for us was perfect. So if you are looking for a four star hotel this is not your place. It is an old converted hunting/fishing lodge on a river back in the woods. Yes you will have to drive on a hilly dirt road to get there but the view and seclusion are wurth the drive.
The next day we had scheduled to canoe the river. Casa de Loco has there own canoes and will take you to the drop. We were the only ones going that day and their guy was there on time as we had scheduled. From the drop you can canoe back down river right to the landing at Casa de Loco. This is nice because you are not on a time schedule to hit a pick up landing. When we got back to the cottage there was a chilled bottle of champaign and two glasses with a thank you card signed by all the staff.
That night we grilled at the cottage, they do have gas grills available to guest. After dinner we took a walk back down to the store. There was a big party going on in the hall but we never heard it up at the cottage. The store was closed but one of the owners was on sight because of the party. He was nice enough to open the store so we could buy more wine.
The last day we filled our cooler (they let us get ice from their machine) and went back down to the river and just floated on tubes. Even though we could hear people up at the winery we never saw anyone down at the river. Nice day just the two of us.
Again pizza/wine/canoe and privacy back in the woods on the river is why we choose Casa de Loco. If this is what you are looking for this is your place. There will be bugs and we had a visit from a raccoon. You will hear the cows moo, crickets chirp and the owls hoot. I can only give a review on the cottage I have no idea what the other rooms are like but from the outside they look like joined converted fishing cabins all with outside doors. Read the history on the place it was built in the 1920's. I think given that, they have done a nice job on the conversion.
My only complaints would be that maybe they could open up earlier than 10AM. We had to wait to check out. And Friday night they should stay open until 8PM. We did get one bad bottle of wine that had turned but they had no problem with an exchange. The pizza cooking area should be cleaned up a little better since it is the first thing you see going into the store. However I know the first night there the trash was not put in the dumpster and the raccoons had spread it all over the deck.
I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a romantic, private adventure to the river that doesn't involve tents or other campers. Oh and the one lane bridge is safe.

Room Tip: Choose the Cottage
Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

They're wine is OK, mainly because of the diversity. And they're pizza is decent. But the people working there could use some manners..... That is the nicest way that I am able to put it. One of the girls, the one who gave us the wine tasting, was very nice but that was it. We had made it clear upon arriving that we wished to have a wine tasting before our pizza and once we ordered the pizza we were received with some of the worst customer service that we have experienced in a long time (even though we ordered the pizza 25 minutes before closing). Over all: not impressed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple