“Friendly...friendly...friendly ..did I mention..Friendly!!”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cabool
Park Hills, Missouri
“Friendly...friendly...friendly ..did I mention..Friendly!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Hansa and the rest of the staff are just a pleasure to be around. I stay here often because of business in the area and enjoy the clean rooms, excellent maid service (thanks again for finding that ear ring and all your efforts looking for the power cord I thought I left...oops) and most of all the smiles! I have had dozens of my work associates stay at this hotel and have never heard even a whisper of a complaint from any of them!
Maybe I'm biased, because I like staying where I feel welcome and that is certainly what I feel here !!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike D
abvicabool, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your generous review. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and it means so much to us that you took the time to share your experiences. Thank you for acknowledging our staff, especially our maid service, which they greatly appreciate. It is wonderful to know that you feel welcomed every time you stay with us. Thanks again for being our guest, with a smile!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sherwood, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were there for All School Reunion 2012 and has new managment since we were there last time. It is NO PETS and I did not smell any smoking in the hallways. Room clean, microwave, refrigerator and Coffee maker in room work good. Manager Hansa was very friendly and helpful,really enjoyed visiting with her. Continental Breakfast compared with other places we have stayed.There is no pool or fitness center but plenty of outdoor walking space my husband likes.We will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side overlook the town. South side overlooks country.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lynda H
caboolhotels, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
It was our pleasure to accommodate your stay while you were attending the All School Reunion. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to give your positive feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Thank You.
Robinson, Illinois
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We booked two nights here because all of the hotels in West Plains were booked up due to a tournament. We had stayed at this hotel many years ago when it was a relatively new Super 8 so thought it would be OK. At check -in, there was a sign "Absolutely NO pets" OK So far so good. ( I love animals as much as the next guy, but have no desire to sleep with or after them in a bed!) The first thing we saw when we opened the door was a round table with most of the varnish peeling off and two chairs with upholstery so dirty, we wouldn't sit in them. I always immediately check the beds for clean sheets and the bathroom for cleanliness. Those passed; so I will give them credit for that. Room was very cramped. I noticed the maid apparently does not know what an edge cleaner is for, because there was a dust line around the perimeter of the carpet with actual balls of dust and hair between the bedposts and the wall. Then I turned on the refrigerator and the heater. They appeared to be working. After the kids were in bed asleep; the heater quit. I tried turning off, etc. to reset it and called the front desk. While on the phone with them, it started working again. They offered to move us to another room but the kids were already asleep, so we declined. All night the heater would kick on and blow freezing cold air for several minutes and then switch to super hot; so there was no getting comfortable. Next morning; I noticed the fridge never did get cool. Glad we didn't have sandwiches etc in there or they would have been lost. In the shower there was a gaping hole around the towel bar holder that needed repaired. I didn't see this until actually in the shower. The breakfast was minimal; no hot foods, 2 cereals, a few bagels and Little Debbie cookies...but at least it wasn't just donuts!
After breakfast, I went to the desk and she asked if we wanted to move to different room now and I told her "No, I am sorry, but we want to check out and go somewhere else." Even with all the problems, they still charged us the full $70!! This hotel is worth $40 to $45 tops.
We went on into West Palins and found a room at the Best Western for $74.99; spacious, nice, very clean, indoor pool and fitness room and very nice breakfast selection. Drive the extra 30 minutes and stay there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I stayed at the location in Cabool, MO May 28. It was like paying $70 to stay at a $30 Motel 6. The people employees were rude, the refrigerator didn't work properly, there were no cups for the coffee maker in the room. The worst was when we went to get breakfast at 8:30, after being told it would be served til 9:00, and there was nothing left but a few pieces of toast and raisin bran. No bagels, no pastries, not even COFFEE! This is my first and last stay at ABVI!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed March 23, 2011

This is my second trip to this hotel. I've stayed at this hotel before and it's been consistent with my most recent stay. They have upgraded to a new Brand and done renovations. Microwaves, fridges etc. The room was clean throughout, the bed was comfortable, and the staff friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was good and adequate..I will be back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank moonraker_747
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 16, 2010

If you want to rest don't stop here! We got stuck in Cabool, MO due to weather. Ice on roads made travelling dangerous so we stopped for the night at closest place. The staff was friendly and competent and the room looked clean although it smelled a tiny bit musty. There was no table to eat at. We were tired and went to bed quickly only to find out the bed was the hardest thing I have ever laid on short of the ground. I like a firm mattress but this was ridiculous.There was a big recliner in the room but it was broken down with no cushioning. I don't know if all the beds are as hard as the one in room 101 but I would suggest that if at all possible move on down the road to Springfield and find a better motel. My spouse and I were so sore and tired the next morning it was hard for us to make our way the last 6 hours home to Kansas.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Waco, Texas
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Unforgivable cancellation policy, rude hotel staff and ridiculous customer service at the corporate level.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mk2225

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!