“BY FAR WORST HOTEL EVER i was ROBBED” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lodge Hotel & Banquets St. Louis Airport

The Lodge Hotel & Banquets St. Louis Airport
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Las Vegas
“BY FAR WORST HOTEL EVER i was ROBBED”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2009

BY FAR THE WORST HOTEL EVER i was ROBBED
The Lodge Hotel and Banquets St Louis Airport
3551 Pennridge Dr.,Bridgeton, MO 63044 Ph. # [-]

On 1/30/09 I checked into hotel for a business meeting that was being held at the Hotel on 1/31/09. I had requested a nonsmoking room. I open room and it over welmed me with the odor of smoke. I went to ask for new room. After they said their was no other rooms. They found a room on the outside where it was cold. At less it did not smell of smoke.
In the morning i had the worst continental breakfast ever. I went to meeting. At about 5:00 pm i went to room to get my jacket, because i was going walking to get something to eat. My room was not cleaned & they had no DND signs to place on the door. When i returned about 11:00 pm my door was ajar. My two backpacks were taken along with my lap top computer. My video camera, GPS, wallet, check book, passport, keys, and a few other things were missing. And also my room still was not cleaned. I went to front desk to report. They had me report it the local police. The police mention that this was a bad hotel and was know for bad activity at it. I told him i had came for a business meeting. He made a report & left. I search around outside the hotel looking for my things. I notice many vacant rooms with junk piled in them.
In the morning 2/1/09 i reported it to the manager Rizsyed. Also about the room not being clean. He said their is nothing he could do about it. He said he would talk to maid. I had the catch my flight. I call many time to find out what the maid had to say. The maid did not come to work for 3 days according to Rizsyed. And told the manager he had cleaned the room. I said if he would lied about the room being clean. He would lied about many other things.
I hold a top secret clearance with the US government in which i had to take a lie detector test to get it. The manager sided with his employee.
In final i would never risk my life or possessions and stay at DUMP like this again even for business. Their is nothing even good about this hotel. Except being close to airport & restaurant near by. OVER PRICED for DIRTY rooms!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Manager
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank radconLasVegas
rizst.louis, manager at The Lodge Hotel & Banquets St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2009
We have a 120 rm hotel,,with dozens of guests checking in and checking out everyday. In addition, we have corporate clients who stay with us on a regular basis for business. We get to meet all kinds of guests in our line of work..most of them, come and stay with us and check out happy. Some however, donot appreciate the ammenities provided..for these guests we have a big sign at our registration desk that the guests should check their rooms and the hotel upon checking in. If they donot approve of the services being provided, they can either change their room or checkout with FULL refund. I think its more than satisfactory. But these guests stay their entire 2,3 or 4 day stays and at checkout come to the desk seeking a full refund. We still try to help them the best we can by compensating any genuine issues,,but the guests who donot get compensated threaten us that they 'll turn to the internet to ruin the hotel image. These reviews are from those unhappy guests who wanted a full refund of their sty. This gentleman was part of a 60 rm group and the only one unhappy. We have never had a robbery incident ever before and are not implying what this gentleman says but how did he mange to catch his flight if his"wallet, checkbook, passport, keys" as he claims were stolen? All hotels have signs in all the rooms that guests are responsible for their articles. The guest's room was serviced as were the other guestrooms. We applogize to the guest for any inconvenience but at the same time we ask people to use their own judgement. All the comments all the time are not the whole truth all the time. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
St.Louis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2009

It has been a month and I am still disapointed in the birthday party at the hotel. On December 20, 2008 that day should have been one of the most exciting days for our two daughters to have fun and be warm, but it turned into the worst day ever. The hotel seem fine at least that is what they show you. We complained at the desk many times and just received the answer that they were taking care of the matter. We paid for several tables outside the rooms and it was too cold to stay there. The doors near our rooms had no seals around them which let in massive cold air.
It would have been better to just get some plastic and cover them up, ice had formed on the doors. It happen to be one of the coldest nights in St. Louis. Of course we were lied too. We rented too rooms. The minor appearance could be forgiven but the bathrooms were terrible no one would take a shower the plastic was falling down and the rust turn the toilet paper brown. The carpet at the bottom was coming off the walls and It was just too cold for the girls to swim and each parent would never bring there child back to the hotel. You could not tell we were indoors. They could have placed us in different rooms as we wanted. I wish we would have left the hotel but the parent were droppping off there daughters and people were being picked up. I took pictures and wanted to call the health department and anyone that would listen as why is this hotel in business. It is located in a decent area but is a mess and the word dump is too good. We were so glad the next day came to be going home. The kids range in age from 10 to 12. Overall I would not visit or even stay at any hotel that has the lodge hotel in the title. The girls have stay in many hotels and I have to say this one was the worst. If you would like to see pictures that can be arrange. teigh98@aol.com

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed December 2008
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank teigh98

Travelers are raving about these Bridgeton hotels

Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2008

The late night club on site was a surprise. Not a good surprise, a disturbing surprise. The loud bass rumble all night was not pleasurable. I am assuming the clientele from that club were the ones knocking on our window all night and running through the halls, and the same people who left the broken crack pipe laying on the floor in the common area by the pool (3 feet from our front door). The tub was filthy and we felt very unsafe. The pool and hot tub looked disgusting and we didn't allow our child to go in. No one was using either one, so assumed both were closed or just as offensive looking to other patrons. Checked out the next morning, one day earlier than our reservation. Still fighting to get refund for 2nd night that we didn't use. NOT OUR FAULT THAT WE FELT UNSAFE AND THE POOL AND HOT TUB WERE NOT USEABLE. DON'T ADVERTISE WHAT YOU AIN'T GOT!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank BridgetonBlues
kansas city
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2008

This hotel should be investigated by the Public Health Department! The website photos are not an actual depiction of what you get. This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed at. Upon our arrival (family of 4), there was no one at the front desk. After waiting 25 minutes for someone to show up at the front desk, we went looking for someone. We finally found a housekeeper who did not speak english. After another 15 minutes, someone arrived at the front desk to check us. 2 hours and 15 minutes later (and six different rooms) we finally were able to place our luggage in a room. This hotel is the most disgusting, filthy hotel, I have ever been in. If it weren't for the fact that our entire team was staying here, we would have went somewhere else. The rooms that were supposed to be non-smoking wreaked of smoke! The carpets were not vacuumed. The windows had finger prints all over them. The bathroom mirror had fingerprints all over them. There was mold behind the door of the bathroom. The elevators looked like they had never been vacuumed, or cleaned. The pool had a film across the entire pool. There were water leaks all over the place in the atrium.

The music from night club that was attached to the hotel was so loud that the floors shook. There were scantily- dressed women hanging out in the lobby who appeared to be working!

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — it was filthy!
  • Stayed February 2008
1 Thank traveler1KansasCity
Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2007

What a disaster! I have never stayed in such a nasty place! We got in late at night so we went with it, but NEVER AGAIN. The hotel common areas were so filthy. The outside security lock had exposed wires hanging out, one of the elevators was broken, but not closed off, just open door all the time. The room itself was pitiful. The front desk clerk was very rude. Don't stay here!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — It was so dirty.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank melin
Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2007

Not embellishing....
July 13-15, 2007:
I saw the following:
=Whirlpool: Notice posted: "Closed from County of St. Louis Health Department" July 13th 6 p.m.
=Club 314 in the hotel, rap music until late with not so fun characters milling around
=No security doors in hotel (all wires exposed), so in other words no room key needed to enter hotel building from outside
=Shooting here on night of July 2nd due to "hip hop" party. Subject arrested.
=30 minutes after check in, no refund! Sign says so! No I am not kidding...
=Rooms smell bad!
=No kiddie pool (empty!) Warning to those with young children.
=Actual notice in pool area: "If you cannot see main pool drain, call the Front Desk"
=Spend the extra $$ elsewhere, you will thank me!

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank Wolf2370
chicago, illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2007

After reading all the negative reviews, we almost went to another hotel. We did stay here, though, and it wasn't bad - the pool wasn't crowded and it was nice and warm - the hot tub looked a little icky so we didn't use it - the room wasn't too bad - reasonably clean - bathroom was clean - toilet didn't flush very well, though, but that was a small problem - we were up on the 4th floor, across the lobby from the club - we came back to the hotel about 1 a.m. or so, and the club was VERY loud - I could see if you were in a room near it, it would be very disturbing - also, there's no clock radio, therefore no alarm - and we couldn't reach anyone at the front desk to wake us up in the morning - that was annoying - we didn't have very high expectations, but I come to St. Louis a lot, and I would stay again - the $ was right

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — toilet didn't work well
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank prose2132
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City
#2 of 5 in Earth City
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#7 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to The Lodge Hotel & Banquets St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!