“Was ok, i would stay again on trip”

Motel 6 St. Louis-Bridgeton
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
stockton, ks
“Was ok, i would stay again on trip”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

the place was a good decent place to go to bed, wake up and drive on

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bryantar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Warren, MI
Reviewed January 29, 2009

Property provides an average room at a very good price. The Red Roof chain is trying to appeal more to business travelers but this property misses on the execution. I stayed in a all inclusive business king and the room was clean and had the promised amenities. However, the heater was warm and the housekeeping staff on the 2nd day forgot to replenish soap and shampoo. While these were easily obtained from the front desk, a little more effort on the hotels part would have made this a much more enjoyable stay.

The rates really can't be beat and there are several restaurants in the area. If you're just seeking an all right place to rest your head and shower, this is your spot.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank motorcity70
Port Jefferson, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2007

After many stays in super 8's or travelodge's I tried for my first time the motel 6 chain. So, since I wanted to run the St Louis Marathon I selected the Motel 6 in Bridgeton. Here are my comments:

Motel 6 is generally cheap. This particularly Motel is really cheap. So if you are young, single, don't care about breakfast, have limited budget and like adventure this is the right place for you.

The reception is litle scary. I had to wait 5-10 minutes until get help from somebody to receive my room key . Hotel people at the reception were busy with other stuff: talking in the phone with friends, talking with weird people around them, etc. This gave me a bad initial impression. Anyway, I got my room and considering the fact that I got my room at noon and check in time was 2 pm I really appreciated that. By the way through the internet I had reserved a single one bedroom room but finally I got a two bed room. The room was OK but very simple. No soap, no shampoo but at least it was clean.

Location apears to be safe, however police cars were visiting the place very frequently ( I don't know why but this was suspicious). Motel is close to the interstate and you can reach any place around the St Louis area easily, but you need car of course. Close to motel there are a number of shopping malls with all major department stores and dinners.

Late in the night I was hearing some funny noises (sounded like footsteps from the top floor) that made me not sleep so well. So, if you are staying in this motel select the top floor.

In summary, considering its price the place is ok. Its safe, reasonable clean and convenient. Highly suggested to single people who dont care about stupid decorations and fancy breakfast. Don't forget: its a budget motel so don't expect much!

• Liked — price
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
missouri
Reviewed June 18, 2007

This was a bad place to stay with a family. There were a lot of people loitering around day and night. The police were there twice when we stayed. We had it reserved for two nights, needless to say we only stayed one night and left! The bedding was stained and looked as though it needed some new linens on it. There was a lot of noise outside all hours of the night. When I went to check in they just stared at me like what was I doing standing there? Very unprofessional staff. This was my first Motel 6 stay and probably my last if this is any indication of how they are run.

• Liked — The Price
  • Disliked — Everything aside from the price was awful, I can see why it was so cheap!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Bridgeton hotels

Indianapolis
Reviewed November 28, 2006

My beau and I stayed at the Motel 6 Bridgeton in September for the weekend and we were VERY disappointed! The carpet looked as if it had not been cleaned for 20 years or more, the maid for our room, did not make the bed the next day nor replinish towels, which left one of us to go down & get it. When I advised the front desk, I recevied compensation for the inconvience, but the maid came down during this & was really nasty about being complained on.

The best thing about the stay was that it was near the highway & great resturants to have breakfast, lunch or dinner & that there were washer & dryers on property. We both agreed NEVER to stay there again.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the room
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
Pontiac, IL
Reviewed June 20, 2006

Ugghhh...yuck! This Motel 6 is a disgrace to the chain.

We asked for a non-smoking room. It smelled faintly of cigarette smoke, but I thought it was perhaps coming from the room next door. After closer inspection we noticed cigarette burns on the carpet, the top of the television, and the nightstand.

We had one washcloth, one hand towel, and 2 towels for 2 people...not enough.

The toilet rocked and leaked all over the floor.

The shower head looked as if it were missing, but upon closer inspection I could tell it wasn't just the pipe but a wee, tiny showerhead.

Every nook and cranny was dirty!

And now here is the kicker...there was something smeared all over the back of the bathroom door and the wall that looked very much like feces! We didn't notice this until the next morning....as we did not shut the bathroom door until then....or we would have demanded our money back and left right then.

We told the person at the front desk as we turned in our key cards about the problems and she said it would be taken care of....but I can't imagine that no one else before us had complained and obviously it had NOT been taken care of for them and probably won't be now.

We will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2006
Chickamauga, Georgia
Reviewed January 24, 2006

We've stayed at this location of Motel 6 on several occasions when traveling to or through St. Louis. The location is convenient, but the motel leaves something to be desired at times.

Most of our stays have been for 3 or 4 nights, unless simply traveling through the area to other destinations. I've found some rooms in the motel to be quite nice, while others are dumps. Seems most rooms in the main building where the office is located are fine, but the additional buildings have rooms that aren't cleaned daily and smell bad.

In Sept. 2005, we stayed in one of the additional buildings in a ground room floor. We were far away from ice and vending machines, and the room smelled like a wet dog the entire time. I used nearly an entire bottle of Fabreeze in the room during our long weekend stay. One of the days, the maid never came in at all. We still had dirty towels from the day before and no clean ones. We had to go to the office to get clean towels nearly every night, as we never had enough even when the maid did leave clean ones.

This area of St. Louis has some great restaurants and shopping, but the lodging accomodations are very lacking. I've yet to find one motel in this community that receives good reviews. My only hope is that the Red Roof Inn at the same exit will be better, but I've seen no reviews on it to date.

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank Kat_Cubs_fan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport
Super 8 St. Louis Airport
Super 8 St. Louis Airport
#8 of 12 in Berkeley
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Motel 6 St. Louis-Bridgeton? Share your experiences!