“Convenient Airport location”

Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
“Convenient Airport location”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this property several times, and this was my first stay in nearly a year. Rooms on the Executive level have been renovated, with some quasi-euro style bathroom features. Then lobby and atrium always get your attention here. IHG Rewards aren't the greatest, and the concierge lounge charges for drinks once you've used up the coupons they give you. A consistently good good business property!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank UsingPoints

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

After spending a looooong day driving and helping a friend move into college, we had reserved a room at the Crowne Plaza near the airport. With planes flying over your head as you are driving the freeway to get to the hotel, it is an impressive sight when it comes into view! It's got an all glass pyramid shape that encloses the pool and a glass elevator so you can see the ride going up and down. The rooms have balconies that overlook the spacious pool, and the restaurant is nearby so you can have breakfast poolside, too!!! It is totally awesome!!! It does come at a price, but with friends in high places, we managed to get a sweet discount so this experience will be a TOTAL TREAT!!!!! Can't wait to sample the breakfast in the morning!!!! ;)

Room Tip: Get a room with the poolview!!! And if you like to sleep to the sound of rushing water, keep your do...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sis_alright
HotelManager09, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, I'm so glad you enjoyed our hotel after that long day. You are truly a good friend to help with moving!
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Rooms were modern, comfortable, and clean. Although, after the first night of our multiple night stay we never received housekeeping service. The beds were comfortable and I always like receiving extra pillows. Free wi-fi and parking were great to have. The attached TGI Fridays was also convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed there this past weekend for a quick trip to St. Louis. The hotel was easily located just off I-70. The rooms were extremely comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly when we checked in and very attentive. There is a TGIFriday's in the lower level of the hotel. Only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because one of the elevators was not in service and at times we waited up to 10 mins for an elevator. Would def stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
I'm so sorry you had to wait for the elevators. We are in the process of doing a modernization project on them. It will be done soon and then all three will work very efficiently.
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Excellent staff, great location for travellers. Was in town for a five day conference, cleaning staff needs work. Had to ask for towels on my second night, went 2 days without coffee service in my room. Great for one night, not so much for an extended stay.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank madnol
I'm so sorry you had an issue with towels and coffee. I have shared your comments with my team to make sure we don't miss these key items.
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The rooms were recently renovated in 2013 and it is very nicely done. The bedding was great and slept very well during my short stay. This was the first time I've stayed at a Crowne Plaza in a while and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the new upscale travel amenities (soap, hand lotion, sleeping and relaxation helps, etc.). The writing desk chair was very comfortable and the free in-room wireless was a great help.

Most importantly, the breakfast buffet had a wide variety of food and was tasty. During my stay, I also attended a business meeting in one of the meeting rooms and we had lunch catered by the hotel. The entire lunch was very good--cold cuts, cheeses, fruits, and artisan whole-grain breads--but the brownies and cookies we had for dessert were the best!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Edward S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 12, 2013

What could have been a disaster was remedied quickly and with a smile. I arrived and there was no place to park. And I mean NO. PLACE. Seems every nearby hotel had some special event, the restaurants were full... it was getting dark and we were tired. So I just pulled into the drop-off lane, and they said no problem, leave the car while we checked in and went up to unpack. I asked for a luggage cart, and someone went to go find one. I have been a lot of hotels where they don't actually go look - but this guy did. We checked in quickly and easily - they were well staffed and everything was in order with my reservation. But still no luggage cart. So we (my 8yo and I) decided to carry our luggage. It's not that we *couldn't* do it - we could, but it had been a loooooong day. They let us leave our car while we lugged everything up - and as we were getting off on the 5th floor, here was the guy who was looking for the cart - still no cart. But he recognized me and instantly - and earnestly - offered to help with our luggage. We were so close by then that I declined his offer.

However, when we got to the door, it didn't open. Light turned green, handle moved, door stayed shut. Frustrated and tired I called the front desk to complain and ask for help. WITHIN 1 MINUTE, maintenance was at my side. The door handle had been installed improperly and had to be lifted UP instead of pushed down to open. (Whaaaat?) I was irritated, rattled off my complaints (harsher than this poor guy probably needed to hear - though as a rule I don't curse with my 8yo around). Then I suggested that he put in a work order to have that door fixed.

Less than 5min later, a knock at the door. A manager there to try to make things right - I told her that none of her staff had done anything wrong - quite the contrary - they had all been great, it was just 3 annoying things in the 1st 20 minutes and I was frustrated. She insisted on buying us dinner at the adjacent TGIFriday's, but we were in for the night - she insisted, so I did order a (fantastic) dessert.

When we walked down to the small shop area to get water bottles for the evening, the same clerk who checked my in refused to allow me to pay for the water - because of the rough day I had.

The breakfast the next AM was great - the pool was clean and not too cold, not too warm.

The room was fine - an airport hotel - not meant for long stays - I was surprised there was no refridgerator in the room. THAT is the only thing I would change. What a stellar staff they have!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!