“dirty, and gross”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Mexico, Missouri
“dirty, and gross”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

1st room wasn't clean, sheets were dirty. The bathroom floor, sink and vanity were covered in hair. Moved to second room, it wasn't much better. Lights were burned out in bathroom. Dirty towels were in hallway when we got there and still there the next morning, along with food and trash. Pool was disgusting. Had to call for shuttle when returning from airport, lady told us to go to exit in different terminal. I won't ever use or recommend this hotel again.

Room Tip: don't know about breakfast or spa.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle E
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
I'm very disappointed to hear about this. I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about it if you will call me directly at the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Lake Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We've moved 6 times in 50 months, so we've driven trucks right up to the check-in at least a dozen times with no problem...until now. No clearance markings anywhere and one pathetically tiny sign make it easy to think past experience matters. It doesn't and the front desk couldn't care less.

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club and always ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom T
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

You can tell that the hotel is a bit dated, although still very nice. My room was wonderful. But the walls were very thin. I could hear everything that happened in hall or atrium. The bed and pillows were great. Plenty of nice thick towels. My main complaint was they shut the pool down for a private party. I stayed here since they had a nice indoor pool and was quite upset when it was closed for an entire evening. You should use banquet rooms and such for that..not a common area that all GUESTS are paying to use. I was very upset with a very dissappointed child. I would stay here again..but only if I was sure they werent going to shut the pool down.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank bellasmommy0
Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed two nights here. I always ask for a quiet room but this is the first time we've had one in a wing designated "Quiet." We appreciated that. Our room was obviously one that had not yet been renovated. The mattress was a bit hard and the furniture and bathroom fixtures worn. It was clean and worked fine for us. Breakfast is not included unless you choose a more expensive package deal. There is free Internet.

Room Tip: The quiet room is not for those traveling with children or pets but great for those who want a quiet...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NancyM45
jackson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We attended a convention there this past week. After seeing some of the negative reviews on here, we were rather concerned. We expressed that to the women at the desk when we checked in. They told us that they are under new management just the last 2 weeks...and that the hotel will be completely renovated over the next year. They assured us that we would be satisfied with the accommodations, and we were! The room and bath room were spacious; the bed comfortable; the pillows were great. Yes, renovations are needed, but we were pleased.

It is an excellent place to hold a convention! We had all our meals for the 3 days on the premises: the Cloud restaurant, for wonderful breakfasts, and the meeting rooms, for very good lunches and dinners. The servers were extremely efficient, polite and helpful.

Can't wait for the renovations!!! and may the negative reviewers give this new management another chance in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and mention the staff here. We have a lot of good, hard-working associates. Most of them have worked here many years because they love the hotel and they truly care about our guests. Trucks are arriving daily now with new furniture, flat screen HD TV's and beautiful artwork. We will very soon have a brand new hotel and already great staff!!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I booked this hotel because it was close to the airport and my 4 yr old and I had been traveling ALL day from Oregon to visit family in Missouri. Upon check-in (at midnight...after searching for 10 mins for someone that worked at the hotel) I was told that the only room left was a smoking room. I am asthmatic and have chronic pain related to a car accident which makes it difficult for me to travel anyway. I strongly objected to the smoking room but was so exhausted I just wanted a bed at that point. HUGE mistake!!! Our room smelled like an old trashy bar. I have been in casinos in Vegas that smell way better than this place!! Upon arriving at my families home ALL our clothes had to be laundered because it smelled like we spent the night in a bar. Just ridiculous that hotels even offer smoking rooms anymore.
We quickly left in the morning despite my daughter wanting to use the pool. I was so disgusted with our room I didn't want to spend another minute there. As far as TGI Fridays goes it and everything else was closed by the time we got in. I would NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank stephgwebster
Hamburg, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Old rooms with Bad smell and Service. Despite a different booking i was placed in a smoking room. Already on my Way to my room the entire floor was smelling. Not recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Nils H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Nils H,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!