“Consistent with other favorable reviews”

SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Fairly modern, clean, decent location, roomy accommodations, and reliable internet sums it up. As a road warrior, I seek the simple but sometimes difficult basics listed above.

Also has decent biz hotel standard breakfast. Hotel staff (including housekeeping and breakfast buffet gentle-lady) are professional and courteous.

No bathtub - so some may have issue with that. Not much dining anywhere in the area (only Mc'D's), but room has fridge and microwave, so it meets my needs. Separate "work / living" area and I like that layout.

Exercise room was OK and there is an indoor pool next to it. Quality hamster wheels (treadmills) and some weights, etc.

Bottom line - been here 3 consecutive weeks and work may bring me here another 1-3 weeks; will stay here over other local hotels (also reviewed by me recently).

Room Tip: I'm a "down and out" guy and the staff has accommodated me even though I don't hav...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
mary T, Manager at SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

I am delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City was enjoyable. Your feedback on our service is appreciated and the staff will be recognized by Leadership! Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. You mentioned the bathtub sitution, we do offer both shower and bathtub options. Next time you stay please let us know your preference and we will note it on your reservation. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Excellent staff & very helpful. Morning breakfast buffet was great. I thought it was gonna be a coffee & sweetbread breakfast. To my surprise it was a complete breakfast buffet with eggs & all the other stuff too.Wi-fi available. Nice quiet rooms, very modern decor---- comfy.

Room Tip: In an Indudtrial area just off the freeway. No traffic noise. Helpful front desk with lots of info o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
mary T, Manager at SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Tracy, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share some of your thoughts about your stay with us. Providing great staff service and clean-comfortable rooms is our priority in helping our guests have an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your positive comments about the breakfast as well. We are excited to share the updated breakfast program with our guests and the many new options available. As for the internet, I apologize for the slow speed and will share your comments with our leadership team to address this issue. We hope to see ou back in St. Louis very soon!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I was beyond impressed with my stay at this hotel. Here's why:

The front desk clerk allowed me to check in a few hours early before the posted check in time ( A major plus for a good review).

When I walked in the room I was amazed. How convenient the living area is separated from the sleeping quarters. The shower? Two words--Oh my.

The internet is A-OK and I can't think of any improvements the hotel needs to make. The rate I paid for on Christmas Day was reasonable.

They have an area with snacks, limited selection of TV dinners, ice cream, sodas, etc for sale. Keep in mind they are a little pricey.

The complimentary breakfast is decent. They have a few hot items and a variety of the "staple" cereal, bagels, fruit items.

The hotel is almost 3 miles from the Mills Mall. All the restaurants are located near the mall, none are near the hotel, however.

I give this fine lodging establishment 5 stars out of 5. I will stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 76AngelaF
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We booked rooms at this hotel for several members of our family, including us, in town for a funeral.
The staff could not have been any nicer or helpful, they greeted us every time we saw them, and always asked if they could do anything for us. Rooms were very contemporary and nice, but iI agree with other reviewers that the towels were thin and cheap. Ick. Easy parking, nice lobby, good breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2013

A welcoming lobby with friendly staff. The property has a modern vibe. Accommodations included a convenient sitting room and desk, nice-sized closet, and a vanity area in addition to the full bathroom. My main critiques:
1) the air-conditioner kicked on with a huge "thud" sound - so badly that I finally just turned it off.
2) noticeably cheap towels

The complimentary breakfast provided a nice variety of options - quick and easy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for business 2 nights. The rooms are large suites, clean. The hotel looks newer and is located in an area with many other hotels. The wi-fi was adequate and included in the price. The bedding was much above average, very comfortable. The breakfast was OK (I've had better, but also worse). There was a complaint mentioned by a previous advisor about the air conditioner being a little noisy, and I have to agree. When it kicks on, it makes the old "growling" sound from the compressor. It did not keep me awake or wake me up, but if you are a light sleeper, you might consider it. Also would mention that the check-in process was no wait and front desk help professional and friendly.

Room Tip: The hotel is set off the road a bit, I think all the rooms would be equivalent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel is relatively new & I stay here somewhat frequently. Hotel has all the new ammenities, comfortable rooms, & has been well maintained since it opened. More preferred than the pricier Courtyard right next door. Only downfall is the towels are paper thin... not sure why Marriott continues with these crappy towels, but other than that, good business hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City

Been to SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City? Share your experiences!