“No Thrills and no Frills, another quiet night”

SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Tucson, Arizona
“No Thrills and no Frills, another quiet night”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We chose this hotel because of it's location and airport shuttle service. The hotel is located in a nice business park surrounded by grass and trees. We were there on a Saturday night so the Bistro next door at the Marriott Courtyard was closed. The only option for food was the snacks in the lobby or to send out for something, which we did. The pizza was mediocre and barely warm when delivered, but I guess it sufficed.
The room was spare but comfortable and we enjoyed a quiet night. The hotel was busy with a baseball team and several other small groups gathering for the weekend. The breakfast in the lobby was a beehive of activity on Sunday morning with barely room to stand. The rate at the hotel was so reasonable that the value was greater than the experience. If you need a nice clean place to sleep and don't require a restaurant or any frills, try this small hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed May 19, 2013

room was ok but clean; king bed comfortable; sofa bed not bad for child; not enough seating for breakfast; pool was the smallest I have ever seen at a hotel; very easy checkin; front desk people very nice; stayed here because it was a hotel close to a restaurant I was visiting and my brother and his family was staying here; considering there are other hotels near here that offer more amenities than this one, I will not likely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked the SpringHill for two reasons. 1) I had never stayed in this Marriott brand before and 2) it was near the airport and had a shuttle.

Indeed I'm excited about the brand but the airport part was way off base. I'll be incurring a $20 cab ride in the morning because the shuttle doesn't run in time for my 6:40am flight. And since we are farther from the airport than i ever dreamed, it's gonna be an expensive cab.

I'm now in my room-a double not a king, and near the elevator to boot so I'm hearing every noise and conversation for everyone who gets off on this floor. Oh boy. And did I mention that I have an early flight? So no free, wonderful warm breakfast for me....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very nice small room with free Internet and free shuttles to the airport. Small restaurant in Courtyard hotel next door - easy to walk to but there is a short stair. Very comfortable bed. Room was very clean and well furnished for a business traveler. Room makes the most if every inch but does not feel crowded. This was the perfect size for one or two persons - might consider the Courtyard if you have a family. No tub - shower only. There was a hotel breakfast but I did not try it due to my flight time. Very good choice if you need a hotel airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank KRJuneau
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wow - Where does one start writing when this hotel was truly perfect! Beautifully furnished, immaculate clean, safe, wonderful night's sleep thanks to the bed and quiet, breakfast was much more than continental (eggs, waffles, a bit of everything!), all staff was helpful/courteous, safe area, and everything in between!!

Room Tip: no advice on rooms - ours was on second floor & just fine!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sarah Z
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is by far, the cleanest hotel we've stayed at in St. Louis. We've done the expensive downtown hotels, who's lobby's always look nice, but who's rooms are sometimes dusty or not quite clean. We've tried other hotels in the airport area, thinking, we're just going to sleep and go anyway. Even some of our favorite brands have disappointed us. We started to think it was just the culture of the area...until staying here. The lobby is pretty and modern. The exercise room was well equipped with newer high tech machines for active gym goers. The rooms are spacious and very well thought out. Whether you're there to work or a family there to have fun, the room seems to have true comfort in mind.

CONS: The swimming pool is small...like if I dive in, I'll end up at the other end, small. But I think families and kids just wanting to play and hang out will be happy with it. Finally, my first impression of the front desk staff was that the newbie was a little stressed to get me taken care of, and that the manager was a little bit distant and high handed when I asked questions. (I didn't want to like them, really). BUT, if that's what it takes to get the hotel and rooms into tip top shape, in a city where that's practically unheard of, than good for that manager! I have the highest respect for her accomplishments because it translated to my first ever, very comfortable stay in St. Louis. As for the newbie, the next morning, she was all smiles and pleasant and took care of us very professionally.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground level but did not hear any noise from upstairs. We were also at the end of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LadyDozen
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed at several hotels near the St. Louis airport and this is now one of my favorites. Renaissance is still my #1 choice, but Springhill Suites is more affordable. The rooms were very clean, simple and efficient. Reminded me a little of a Aloft Hotels but not as hip. I liked the room layout as it makes the space seem larger. My only complaints were the internet speed was slow and TV quality was poor. There were very few stations. I didn't call to report it as I was just there for 1 night but hoping that it was not an ongoing issue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank John S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St...
#15 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverp...
#11 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#13 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Holiday Inn Airport West
Holiday Inn Airport West
#2 of 5 in Earth City
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City? Share your experiences!