WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City

SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Columbia, Missouri
“Great option near the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed at several hotels near the St. Louis airport and this is now one of my favorites. Renaissance is still my #1 choice, but Springhill Suites is more affordable. The rooms were very clean, simple and efficient. Reminded me a little of a Aloft Hotels but not as hip. I liked the room layout as it makes the space seem larger. My only complaints were the internet speed was slow and TV quality was poor. There were very few stations. I didn't call to report it as I was just there for 1 night but hoping that it was not an ongoing issue.

1 Thank John S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My two friends and I stayed here the weekend of March 7-9th, 2013 for the Missouri Valley Conf Tournement. We stayed in room 339 which has 2 queen beds and a sitting area with a pullout sofabed. The look of the hotel was nice and modern, the staff was very friendly and for the most part, the room was clean. Also, the bed was very comfortable (not too firm like many other hotel rooms I've stayed in). However, despite these compliments, for the following reasons I cannot recommend this hotel to other travelers:

1. Right after checking in, I noticed that there was a brown wet stain on the comforter of one of the beds that soaked thru to the sheet. I did tell the staff and they brought new bedding (they offered to put us in a new room but we did not choose that option).
2. Many of the TV channels didn't work at all. After a couple of contacts with the staff, this was fixed.
3. The deadbolt lock was loose and I'm not sure it always worked.
4. The pool was REALLY small and there is no hot tub.
5. The breakfast area did not have enough tables.
6. The biggest issue for me was the walls in this hotel are super thin (as other reviews have mentioned). You could here lots of other noises, conversations, etc from several other rooms. One morning, I was awakened by the alarm in the room NEXT DOOR to ours.

So for these reasons, I would not stay in this hotel again and I would tell others to stay elsewhere also.

Room Tip: Get something on the top floor. That might help with some of the noise I'm guessing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank goboy71
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip to Earth City. I have previously stayed next door at the Courtyard. The first room that I was given was used as someone's smoking chamber, so they promptly moved me to another room. Rooms were nice and the fitness center was well equipped. I thought the breakfast was excellent for the "free" offerings that you get from various hotels at this price point. Scrambled eggs and sausage were part of the offerings. A lounge similar to the courtyards would be nice, but I realize that isn't necessarily Springhill's target, but you can walk next door if needed. I would stay here again if I have business in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank azroyalsfan
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed there 2/6 - 2/8, while conducting some personal business downtown. Took the shuttle to Lambert Field where I picked up the MetroLink. Great way to save driving & parking downtown. The hotel staff were outstanding; catered to my every wish. The breakfast was plentiful and excellent quality. Will definitely stay there again the next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors away from the noise of I-70.
2 Thank jmacmurdo
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I booked this hotel for a birthday weekend for my daughter. I had looked at places around that area as we were going to the zoo and I didn't want to get lost. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. Especially since it was raining and our chances of going to the zoo looked grim. They suggested other areas of interest (that were indoor) so's not to ruin mydaughter's big day.
We stayed in a Queen double suite and were not disappointed at all. The room was very clean and fresh smelling. The temperture was just right and the water pressure excellent. Even thought there were several large groups there (alot of kids) we were not disturbed and the hotel made the necessary arraignments to handle the large crowd for breakfast in the morning like pros.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Last week I had a chance to stay at the Springhill Suites Earth city, Ms. It is the new concept of Springiull Suites and it is really nice. So much more upgraded than their old concept, I felt like I was in a full service hotel. And, the rooms are terrific and bright,m cherry and well laid out. Everything in the room is convenient, handy, and well spaced. THis is NOT the old SPringhill. They need to refurbish all of them to this standard. It was a well received surprise.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the back away from the freeway
1 Thank travelmandfw
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

As usual, this Springhill Suite met and in some ways exceeded my expectations. We found the room to be very clean and orderly. Nice kitchenette area with sink, microwave and small fridge. Parking was great at this location as well. The lobby was modern and all of the employees I had contact with were very nice and accomodating. The breakfast was standard fair and was adequate to get the morning started. Their coffee was outstanding.

I've noticed at many Springhill Suites the walls are a bit thin and this property was no exception. Not that we were bothered by noise but if we could clearly hear what was going on in the surrounding rooms.

The only issue I had at this hotel was the extremely slow internet service. Even when I used the wired service it was still very slow. I heard this from a another guest when eating breakfast one morning as well. This is really the only thing that kept me from rating this hotel a 5.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TerMar1981
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#10 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverp...
#11 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City? Share your experiences!