“Wasn't expecting this to be as nice as it was”

SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Though you can see the hotel from the highway, it is not really easy access and you have to go through a slightly sketchy industrial type area.

However, once you get there, it's great. I am typically a Courtyard/Fairfield/Hyatt Place person and had not stayed at a Springhill in the past. If this one is any indication of the entire Springhill brand, I will absolutely put it on my list of hotels. I think the thing that impressed me most was how spotless the room was - specifically the bathroom.

Room Tip: You might question where you are driving as you go through an industrial area, but it's there.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and I were in town for a weekend in St Louis. We needed to be near the Crystal Springs Quarry Golf Course for a golf event. We did not book a room in advance but got lucky and they had availability. The hotel was extremely clean - It even smelled clean in the hallways. I travel often for business and stay at various 4 star hotels and it is rare to find a hotel this clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was your typical light continental breakfast. Everything was well stocked. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Stayed one night at the Springhill Suites for business. This location's rooms were smaller than other Springhill Suites I've stayed at, also the room didn't seem to have the same touches and details like pictures on the walls and what not. That being said, it was very clean, the staff very friendly and helpful. I was travelling with 3 other business associates and we had no clue where to go for dinner (this hotel is in a commercial park). The woman at the front desk gave us a restaurant packet detailing all of the area eateries with directions to each. The breakfast was so-so, about what I expect from Springhill. Didn't use the pool, so can't make any comments on that. I was on the top floor at the end of the hall so that might explain why I didn't hear the noise other reviewers have complained about. Overall an average stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2011

This is a typical Springhill Suites property. It is newer, but not brand-new. The breakfast was good; things were kept stocked. My only complaint about this hotel is the noise issue. If any of your neighbors in adjacent rooms are making any sort of noise at all, or in the hallway, you will hear it, unless you've got your TV up loud. Strange banging noises were heard early in the morning, waking me up. I'm not sure I could recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I spent two nights there, when I came back I had two bed bug bites on me.

Also, the pool had a strange brown tint in the water. Not to mention I couldn't swim if I wanted. It was small and there wasn't any space left with the other family already swimming in it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Having stayed at various Marriott hotels I know what to expect from a quality hotel. However, I was mislead by the staff.

My family and I booked a room with a King sized bed and a King sized pull-out. The staff assured me this is what I would receive. When we arrived we were given a full sized pull-out mattress, completely unacceptable for the size of my family.

The room itself looks decent. It was cleaned, and the flat screen t.v. is a plus.

However, the absolute worse part of this hotel is the Pool. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the water. Not only was the water brown, but it also had a nasty film floating on the top layer.

I spoke with reception and they told me they would close off the pool area to let the filter catch up. I was under the impression pool filters are supposed to be constantly running. I came back the next morning expecting clear waters, but it still had a certain color to it that made me uncomfortable. I decided I needed the relaxation and jumped in regardless of my gut instincts. When I swam through the pool I got a closer look at the pool tiles and I was able to scrape off grime from it. That was enough for me, out the pool I was!

Also, its worth pointing out that the pool is too small, especially for a 4 story hotel. I can't imagine 3 families in the pool at the same time. There is no room to swim and is fit for a backyard for a private family.

Pros: Location near airport, hot breakfast (only okay, stale Bread), clean room.

Cons: Dirty Pool, misleading staff.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights and was disappointed. As a Marriott Platinum member, I've stayed at several Springhill Suites and have been been generally satisfied. Not this one.

It had the typical Springhill amenities: free breakfast, larger studio suites, microwave/fridge, and the new contemporary styling. However, what disappointed me was the cheap construction of the hotel. The walls, floors, and door were thin and weak. Most Springhills had strong floors, but this one had floors that would pound hard when walking. I had a top floor room, but I felt sorry for anyone who had lower floors.

The walls were extremely soft. I was lying on the bed against the headboard and when my neighbor's door slam hard, I felt the whole wall shake. I could hear the next door's TV, phone conversations, and weird bumping throughout the stay. I'm a light sleeper, so all the noise kept me up all night.

I've had issues with internet speed at other Springhills and this one was no different. It was slow and it would drop out all of a sudden. Also, the premium channels would loose signal all of a sudden as well.

I am extremely disappointed with this Springhill Suite. Considering the positive reviews, I was looking forward to my stay. After checking in, I wanted to get out!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank atlantic2580
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#1 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport
Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport
#10 of 18 in Maryland Heights

Been to SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City? Share your experiences!