“Lovely Surprise at the Airport”
Review of India Palace - MOVED

India Palace
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Airport hotels in St. Louis are very isolated. But staying at the Airport Plaza, I was delighted to discover this place on the 11th floor of an office building just next door. Great view of the airport. The place is quite elegant - not the takeaway place so many Indian restaurants are. Tablecloths, elegant dining room and professional staff. But then, there's the menu. When you see goat on a menu, you know these people are taking the trouble to do Indian authentically. They are careful to inquire about your desire for heat and then deliver on it. I had the Rogan Josh made with incredibly tender chunks of lamb. Started with a pile of papadums and with the rice, that was enough for me. But there were so many wonderful choices including a unique-sounding naan with dried fruit and nuts. I appreciate that they didn't only have Indian beer. I enjoyed a Heineken with my dinner. Watched planes take off and glittering lights and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

1  Thank Denise K

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I recently had to take a visiting colleague from another city to this place. In the past, I have always enjoyed their dinner but now, the service is going way downhill. Yes, the food is still nice but the waitstaff is as glum as can be. We arrived there at 5:15pm for dinner and the guy told us that they will not open until 5:30. I asked whether we can at least have a seat till then and this guy just points us to a table. I did not see the persons serving us smile even once. I don't think I am going back since there are other Indian restaurants in town with good food and more cheerful waitstaff.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I eat at Indian restaurants all around the US, and this is one of my favorite places (been here a couple of times before). The food I've had is always excellent, and the ambience is appropriate - bamboo and related wall décor, different lighting fixtures around the restaurant (I especially like the outrigger one), and even some waiters wearing turbans. I eat vegetarian dishes, and I've never been disappointed here. In addition, the samosa appetizers are good and the Nan and Paratha (especially spinach-stuffed) breads are perfect. I like most Indian beers and this place doesn't disappoint - they even have Royal Challenge, which I don't find many other places. The service seems to be a tag-team affair the times I've been here, with one person taking my order, another person delivering the food, and even a third person sometimes taking my empty dishes. The entire airport-facing side of the restaurant was full the last time I visited but the service was fine. I especially enjoy the fact that the restaurant is on the 11th floor of a hotel and offers a great view of the St. Louis airport's runways, so you can watch planes landing and taking off (if this is your thing - I enjoy it). If you like Indian food, this is a place to visit.

1  Thank Paul K
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Mom and I just had a fabulous dinner at the India Palace. Our service was attentive and we had a very relaxing and enjoyable evening. Clearly great care was given to us and other diners. The restaurant was doing a bustling business but the food was excellent. Try the cheese naan and chicken tikka masala. Not too adventuresome but comforting and filling. Excellent food and value.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Waited almost an hour for our food. Absolutely terrible service. Would avoid this place unless you havr time to waste.

1  Thank disgruntled-din