“Very pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

India Palace
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Bridgeton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Decatur, Illinois
“Very pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Mom and I just had a fabulous dinner at the India Palace. Our service was attentive and we had a very relaxing and enjoyable evening. Clearly great care was given to us and other diners. The restaurant was doing a bustling business but the food was excellent. Try the cheese naan and chicken tikka masala. Not too adventuresome but comforting and filling. Excellent food and value.

• Visited June 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pathetic service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Waited almost an hour for our food. Absolutely terrible service. Would avoid this place unless you havr time to waste.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank disgruntled-din
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grease bomb”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Had two vegeterian takeout dishes, and they were both almost inedible due to the tremendous amount of grease. I have never had Indian that I didn't like before this.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bobbejaantjietjie
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Mostly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My family and I were in town and had the lunch buffet during the week. The restaurant was full so the food was hot and fresh and delicious as always. On this visit I didn't like several of the choices though, so I felt like I didn't get enough to eat, even though I had a lot of my favorite Tandoori chicken.
We especially enjoyed the fried onions, but not the internittent fried mushrooms that surfaced among them.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Valentine's Day Special Was a Treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family and I went to India Palace for their special dinner buffet. It was excellent. There were so many options and each dish was really great. I really enjoyed the lamb dishes. We often go at lunch time on the weekends, and we really enjoy the food- but this special buffet was outstanding. In general, though, if you like trying different dishes, the lunch buffet is a good choice. The food is always good and so is the survive. Even my kids love his place.

• Visited February 2013