See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 31, 2016

The ONLY good thing about the motel is that the lady at the front desk was super nice and helpful. Unfortunately, the condition of the room negated her excellent customer service skills. Let's start with what the room didn't have: 1) Hot water. There was no hot water at all in the sink, and I let the water run for almost five minutes, thinking that it just took a while for the water to start getting hot. It never did. 2) No AC. The maintenance man came up to look at the smoke detector after it kept making noise. I asked him if he could look at the AC because, despite turning the temp on the thermostat down, no cold air was blowing out from the register. He told me that the AC does not work in any of the rooms in the building where my room was. He said that I could open a window instead. However, the window would not open. 3) No shampoo. I have never stayed in a motel in which there were no complimentary shampoo bottles in the room. I had to spend $2.25 for a travel size shampoo out of the vending machine in the motel lobby. 4) No microwave 5) No fridge 6) No hair dryer attached to the bathroom wall 7) no alarm clock. Now, let's turn to the topic of the bed. The bed was HARD and very uncomfortable to sleep on. The pillows were flat as a pancake. I woke up the next morning with terrible neck and shoulder pain because of the pillows and rock hard bed.

While I did not expect a 4-star hotel experience, I did expect more than what I got, even though the room was around $40. What kind of motel doesn't have complimentary shampoo? What kind of motel does not have a working AC? What kind of motel doesn't have hot water? I didn't even take a shower because the thought of showering with ice cold water was extremely unappealing.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
AbvibridgetonStLouis, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn Bridgeton - St. Louis / North, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for your review. We are delighted to hear about your great experience with our front desk staff. Customer service and satisfaction are a few of our greatest efforts in serving our guests. We are sorry to hear about the AC, and the amenities in this particular room. In the event of this occurrence, we will always switch our guests into equal or better rooms that fit their needs. Again, we apologize and hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a high quality of service in the future. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 21, 2015

If you have any other option of places to stay OTHER THAN HERE, you really SHOULD stay elsewhere, even if it means paying a little more. First, it took almost 30 minutes to check in (after hours check-in). Next, the room was AWFUL! Bed sheets had holes, there was green mold growing all over (on the ceiling & in the shower), they had put tennis balls in the table legs to hold it steady, the cement on the balcony was cracked & crumbling...not to mention the stagnant water on top of the swimming pool cover. And you can't forget the couple in the room next to mine screaming obscenities while obviously engaging in "adult activities" as well as the smoke detector "low battery" chirp all night! A call to the front desk did no good, as the clerk was not very adept at speaking English!

Room tip: Stay away from this place!
Date of stay: September 2015
1  Thank Jeff C
AbvibridgetonStLouis, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn Bridgeton - St. Louis / North, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable. I particularly apologize for the problem with your after-hours check in. And I regret that actions by other guests detracted from your experience here. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. We’re involved in a continuous improvement process that will result in a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2015

I was driving through and landed at the outskirts of St Louis. This place is not bad for the price. Although the place is older, it was fairly quiet, was able to some rest before I continued the next morning. Speaking with management, they are trying their best to get it into shape and be more accommodating to travelers passing through. Maybe the next time I drive through, it will be better. Wifi was good (good enough to check emails). Although they do not offer breakfast, there are several places in walking distance you can get coffee (Waffle House and Bob Evans).

Date of stay: August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased you had a good experience with us although I regret that we couldn’t completely satisfy you. As you know, we’re working to make things even better so we can satisfy the widest possible range of passing travelers. We take real pride in our hotel, and we’ll be here for you when you need us in the future with an always-improving experience.

Reviewed June 10, 2015 via mobile

I called earlier in the day to ask about weekly rates. The woman on the phone said she could give me a room for 200 dollars. When I pulled up the sign outside said 159.99 per week. I went in and asked the old guy at the desk (behind a window, mind you), and at first he said there were no rooms. When I told him I had a reservation he got very angry and asked me why I didn't tell him that because it would have saved him a lot of trouble (?!?). He then said I could have a room, but would I mind it being 200 rather than 159...I told him yes, I would mind that. The guy was really rude the whole time, and when I asked him why he wold charge me forty dollars over the advertised price he said it was because the manager said so. Needless to say, I keft and am at a very clean motel where the weekly rate is only slightly more.

I will also say the place was a several story dump with a lot of scary people, and a very dirty parking lot and broken pool (on a day where the temp was 93 degrees). Please listen to all of these people and don't go there.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Springgreentravelor

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry for the confusion. The clerk on duty was aware that no more rooms at the lower rate were available and was attempting to accommodate you in a nicer room at the higher rate. I apologize that he didn’t make that clear. When weekly-rate rooms are not available, we do our best to make another offer to guests. I regret the confusion and am glad you found a nice place to stay anyway.

Reviewed May 31, 2015

I've stayed at decent America's Best Value Inns before. This one, however, was terrible. They gave an elderly gentleman THE SAME room as my boyfriend and I. I had just gotten out of the shower and was getting dressed in my room when the old man tried walking in, Good thing we dead bolted the door. The night clerk wasn't even apologetic about this. He simply gave the old man another room. He even made it sound like it was OUR fault they gave us the same keys. We also only had one towel in our room. The AC didn't even work. They also didn't have shampoo or conditioner in the dispensers inside the shower. The only good thing I can possibly say about this motel is that the shower had good water pressure.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kayla S

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your opinions. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your needs and did not live up to your expectations. I also apologize for the confusion with the room assignment. We take pride in our hotel and in providing a great place to stay for so many guests, and I deeply regret that we let you down. Perhaps you will give us another try in the future so we can do a better job of satisfying you. We’re always working to get better.