Americas Best Value Inn Bridgeton - St. Louis / North
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have stayed in ABV Inns before and had no complaints, but this place ought to be dozed in. Carpets were filthy, there were stains on the wall beside the bed of ????, but I have my opinion on that. The place had roaches, the bathroom was gross. There's just nothing good to say about the place. I got to the lobby, and it was locked at 7pm - had to go to the night window, and right by the window there is a sign saying no refunds for any reason. The pool looked like a swamp and was closed. The place looks like a hangout for hookers and dope smoking parties. I contacted ABVI corporate about this place, and they advised me they would contact the hotel for a response to my complaint. I was disappointed in the response from corporate as they didnt get back to me for over a month, and then only after I pestered them. At this point they offered a one night refund, but no explanation for the crappy hotel, other than their hotels are independently owned and they only have to meet minimum criteria to carry the chain's name. I can't fathom any lower standards than this place. If I could give it a negative rating I would. Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Find one in another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank sfpd412

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is dirty. We stayed here waiting for our other place to open up thinking we were going to save some money and be able to relax and be comfortable. The first night we had to be moved because of roaches. Tried to call the front desk and the phone didn't work. When I requested a refund on my remaining days left, I was told no refund, but I would be moved to another room. The new room has no roaches, but the a/c didn't work, the sink leaks, and the fridge doesn't work. Not to mention, the noise, and the people just sitting in the stairwells. There are several children running around in the area. We are only staying because I can't get my money back, but I am making a complaint with the BBB.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Montana314
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Needed a cheap place to stay. Even after reading all the negative reviews, I couldn't resist the price. Everything you're reading in the other reviews is true! I think I would have been better off sleeping in my car! This place is beyond filthy, I sprayed everything down with a disinfectant and prayed for a good nights sleep. I couldn't make it through the night, I found another hotel and checked out!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

P.S. I saw some remodeling going on.....a fresh coat of paint and a new carpets don't mean anything if you keep the same nasty mattresses and dated fixtures.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Urban_Photog
Reviewed August 29, 2011

a sorry excuse for a hotel. there is drywall, paint, tools and debris everywhere. there are bugs crawling and flying in the rooms. the carpet is ridiculously filthy. the matresses and pillows are grossly stained. the sheets and covers are full of burn holes. there is prostitution, drug sales and animals on the premises. children are unsupervised all hours of the night. there is a police sub station on the 1st floor that is almost never open. project hotel literally. ghetto, noisy, parties, fights, absolutely unprofessional. nasty, deplorable conditions. don't waste your money!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank perpetual_love
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Horrible place to stay for anyone...after we checked in, we decided to take a ride, about half hour later we arrived back at the hotel and saw 3 police vehicles out front, as we got on the elevator to head to the room, a lady tells us " the cops are just doing there regular drug busts" As we got to looking around the room, the shower was filthy, the bed had hair all over the blankets, found dirty tweezers next to the bed. We had to catch a flight early so we requested a wake up call for 4am and that never happened, was very noisy outside from people yelling and running around, the workers kids were running around all day/night (unprofessional) The elevators smelled like urine!!! saw one man that stayed there with 3 dogs in his room with him, so got to hear dogs barking along with the other people yelling. Yes its a cheap place to stay, but trust me, spend the extra money and stay some where else, that place needs to be shut down!

Room Tip: spend the extra money & stay else where!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank brown63401
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights and found the motel to be very good. With a car it's just a 20 minute drive to downtown St Louis.

Yes the place is basic, but found the room to be clean and really enjoyed visiting the city especially the Gateway Arch. Large range of shops/food outlets in the area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank PhilUSA2010
Reviewed October 2, 2010

Basically we got here, and two people were already wanting to speak to a manager--never a good sign. We get the key to our first room and it's on the ground floor, it's a smoking room which we DID NOT ask for, the floor is stained and it smells like mold. IT was very noisy. We ask for a different room and get one, it's not much better, with a bed missing from the room. It was also a suite with people we didn't know and i am writing this at 9 am having woken up by multiple screaming children. Needless to say we have canceled our original plans for staying two nights and moved the heck away from this hotel. P.S. each room only has one towel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple