Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Ms Cora & Ms Gem were great.
The house keeping gentleman Marquis for very sweet & helpful.

Rooms very very clean, beds were great.
I kn ow that when I come back to the St. Louis area, I WILL be staying here again.
You will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Tell them exactly what your looking for. Period
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Angy C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Angy - Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We are so thrilled to hear that you loved our staff. We are proud of our staff for providing you with such superior service. We are also glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room.

We would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Most tenants are just relocated HUD/Section 8 recipients. Dont be lulled into a false sense of security during the daylight...they lock the front desk at night and the building turns into Litte Haiti. There is no after hours security or staff presence so Transients show up and loiter at every entrance..mean mugging the patrons as they walk by..unwelcome lewd comments towards female patrons ...blocking the drop off point by parking vehicles there. I grew up in the city but I did not feel safe with my pretty wife and kids here. Kitchen fires, broken rooms, smoke and weed filling the halways...and poor service...basically this place is just section 8 with a marketing department.

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank Nothxs
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. To prevent this from happening again, my team is dedicating more time to walking the hallways at night to prevent these events from occurring. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sla@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

First, I didn't book this room, someone booked it for me. Stayed for 3 nights (Tues - Thurs).
- The one waste basket we had in the room was catching water under a dripping sink.
- The room smelled musty. I killed several ants and 2 BIG spiders while we were there.
- When they say 'Breakfast to Go"...the Breakfast is mostly missing - unless you count coffee and Oatmeal bars/instant oatmeal served off a table in the hallway as breakfast. .
- The shuttle van driver didn't wait for us - even though he knew we would be out as soon as we had our baggage - and when he did come back for us, he talked to some friend on the phone the whole way back to the hotel
- Even though this location was convenient to where I was working, I'd never stay here again.

My suggestion - don't waste any $$ staying at this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank karenbrome
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the issues you had with your sink, the odor in your room and our shuttle service. As well, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. I am meeting with our staff to review your comments to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at sla@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

There is very little I can say about this place that is good. First, the outside is deceiving about what is inside. The rooms are tiny, so stick a king bed in it, with a sleeper sofa, kitchenette, bathroom, etc. and that leaves no place to walk. Got tons of attitude from the front desk staff. There were NO sheets/ blankets on the bed or the sleeper, no towels, dishes, utensils, pans when we entered our suite. I thought this was an extended stay. When called the front, I got a "oh honey (insert laughter) you have to come down for it." From the front desk. Ok so we got the linens, but the dishes/kitchen supplies were brought up an HOUR later. My kids were mad with hunger and my food was thawed. The person who brought the kitchen supplies was pissed he had to do it. Brought a set for 4 and for 6. When he saw we had kids, he actually said "ugh, there are KIDS here?!" And switched the set for 6 and Left us the stuff for 4 and took off. Our room keys got deactivated somehow halfway through our visit, nobody knew what happened. Carpet was FLITHY and had tons of sticky spots!!! I found little white pills behind the sofa, called the desk and was told by them they we could pick them up. The drain in the bathtub had white stuff growing inside, they said it was the cleaning stuff. I don't think so. Thank goodness I brought my Lysol. The kitchen area was filthy, the stove had grease on it and the cabinets were greasy. I cleaned them myself and used Lysol. I cleaned the table also, it was filthy. I left that place cleaner than I found it. The carpet near the AC/heat unit was chronically damp, so nasty. We vacation 3-4 times a year and stay in extended stays, and this by far is the nastiest I've been in with the rudest staff. They had a laundry area: $2 to wash and $2 to dry a load!!!! What a rip off! It would cost less a laundromat. Don't use the vending machine for coins, that give you the gold dollar coins - so stupid. The desk will give you change, but they will give you a vague answer if you ask them. This was an awful experience. There is no pool, no play areas for kids, nothing, just terrible. So I had to let them out somewhere in the back where dubious looking people were chain smoking. They kept asking me if they could use my room key to get back inside. I complained to the desk, but they just asked me why I didn't let them use it. What? Awful. Never will we stay in this brand extended stay. Do not go there, there is an embassy suite and crown plaza that are next to this place.

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Tina L
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I am trying to get 1 of 2 rooms cancelled, by confirmation number, the website seemed to not allow the first reservation, booked the second reservation, and I ended up with two reservations on the same day, of which I need only one.

I will update as soon as I am supposedly going to hear from the manager at this property.

IF YOU BUY IN GOOD FAITH WITH A CREDIT CARD AND IT IS AN ADVANCED PURCHASE, IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO GET IT CANCELLED, EVEN THOUGH A MISTAKE WAS MADE!!

Larry Brewer
Jonesboro, AR

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank grungey

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to hear that your experiencing technical difficulties with our website. We would be happy to speak with you about your reservation and assist you as best as possible. Please contact us at sla@extendedstay.com to do so.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Short and simple, everything was excellent besides the 6 hour maintenance I had to listen to in the room above me right after my flight and before my 5:00PM meeting. The internet was slow, but I didn't need it much so I just dealt with it. As for the noise above my room, no other rooms were available and unfortunately I was FORCED to deal with it. Really wish I would have picked a different location that day, was my fiancés birthday as well and the noise certainly altered the mood if you catch my drift. Gem the front desk representative was amazing. Absolutely loved her.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Elliott27
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our staff during your stay with us. Still, I apologize for the noise disturbance that you experienced due to the maintenance being performed in the room above yours. As well, I am sorry that you had difficulties with our free Wi-Fi. Your comments will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed at this hotel twice, got it on Priceline.com , each time the rooms have been filthy. the last time we found so much dirt and filth on top of the fact the door to the room did not lock and refuse to close completly and the bathroom door did not lock either. The closet door wouldnt budge, they were stuck. the next room they switched us to, was a little less dirty but was still not clean. Only stay here if u have no where else to go.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk if u can see the room before hand.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance polices and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, sla@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central? Share your experiences!