“I Wish I Could Give All 5s”

Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Saint Louis, Missouri
“I Wish I Could Give All 5s”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Short and simple, everything was excellent besides the 6 hour maintenance I had to listen to in the room above me right after my flight and before my 5:00PM meeting. The internet was slow, but I didn't need it much so I just dealt with it. As for the noise above my room, no other rooms were available and unfortunately I was FORCED to deal with it. Really wish I would have picked a different location that day, was my fiancés birthday as well and the noise certainly altered the mood if you catch my drift. Gem the front desk representative was amazing. Absolutely loved her.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Elliott27
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our staff during your stay with us. Still, I apologize for the noise disturbance that you experienced due to the maintenance being performed in the room above yours. As well, I am sorry that you had difficulties with our free Wi-Fi. Your comments will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed at this hotel twice, got it on Priceline.com , each time the rooms have been filthy. the last time we found so much dirt and filth on top of the fact the door to the room did not lock and refuse to close completly and the bathroom door did not lock either. The closet door wouldnt budge, they were stuck. the next room they switched us to, was a little less dirty but was still not clean. Only stay here if u have no where else to go.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk if u can see the room before hand.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance polices and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, sla@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Bridgeton hotels

Charlotte NC
Reviewed March 25, 2014

In the beginning I felt like I could not complain because it was being paid for by a school I was attending, but then after I stewed over it, I am paying the school to pay the hotel.
Upon check in if you are part of a group (either the one I was with or one of the other 4 groups that were booked there) you have to sign a 2 page "rules" page to include no alcohol, no smoking (not a prob for me being a non-smoker but understand). NO OUTSIDE GUESTS, and the list goes on. If you question the front desk or management they call the police and have you kicked out. I was there 17 days and seen them do it to 7 people (a couple of them were needed) but the others I witnessed just argued with the staff and was told to leave and the police came to remove the guests.
Quality of the room was one of the worst that I had seen in a very long time. The flooring had more food stains, and overall filth on it that a buffet restaurants floor, including cigarette burns, oh wait those cant be cigarette burns, because you have to sign a "i will not smoke in the room" form when you check in. The bathroom had white something growing out of the tub drain, and the sink had 3 tooth paste caps/lids down in the hole and the water just ran out slowly, there was no stopper in the sink. The king bed was about 3'' taller on one side that the other so no matter where you laid on the bed you always would roll to the other side. The AC unit had no filter on it so when you open the area where the filter is there was so much lint/dust/trash in the coils that i am surprised that the unit even worked. when you turned it on it would blow the loose particles of dirt out of the vents and would leave that part of the bed dirty.
They only clean rooms on MONDAY (for my section of the hotel) you must carry your own trash to the trash room at the entire other end of the hotel, you are not allowed to leave it out side of your door and on my first day of service the House keeping staff left a note on my kitchen table that said "DO NOT LEAVE MORE TRASH THAN I CAN CARRY, HK" are they talking about, There was one bag we left and even tied it up along with one bag in the bathroom also tied up for easier handling for them. The next day I asked the front desk about it and they told me as long as it was not leaking I could leave it outside my room and they would grab it. That is fair enough I thought. but when I returned to my room after class that day, there were 4 bags of trash (none of which were mine) in the middle of my kitchen floor LEAKING fluids on the floor along with a pile of dirty, wet and stained towels also not mine. I called the front desk and explained what I came in to find in my room and her words were "Listen here, this is what you are going to do" then after i caught my breath, she told me to take the trash to the trash room in front of room 301 (my room was 354) so it was not anywhere near me, and then she told me to bring the towels down to the desk. I cleared my throat and thought about them kicking me out if i said anything, so I said "oh really, why should I carry someone else's trash" and she quickly interrupted me and said what else are you going to do with it, it is already in your room. Then I explained to her that the towels were wet with someone else's fluids dirty and I was not going to touch them she again said, well they are in your room so you might as well bring it on down and hung up on me. I opened up my door and kicked them out into the hall along with the trash and took photos of it.
My second cleaning day "week 2 on a monday" when I arrived my door was cracked open and a cleaning cart in the hall. I pushed it open to find NO ONE IN MY ROOM, WHY was my door left open, with 3 lap tops and 2 tablets in there.. Really??. I popped my head out to find the cleaning lady 4 doors down and I asked if she was coming back to my room and she said nope, we are too short staffed today to clean your room and we will get it tomorrow. Well as you can imagine tomorrow came the following Monday, NO one ever came back and I called the Front desk to report it and they said "there was no way my room was not cleaned Monday, it was on the list and it was cleaned" Well it was strange that this room went 14 days with no one even coming in. and lets say the trash that i accumulated stayed tied up very tight and i put it all in the cabinets for them after I checked out, I hope it was not to much to carry.

When you pay for a service no matter if you pay via your own funds or pay a 3rd party to pay it you should still be treated like a guest. not a prisoner , I WILL NEVER EVER stay in an Extended Stay America again.

Room Tip: Tip of the week, stay across the street!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the condition of your room did not meet your expectations. As well, I am sorry that our housekeeping policy did not meet your needs. Please know that our housekeeping services are always available upon request for an additional fee. Lastly, I apologize if our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sla@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Just booked reservations for the 3rd week in September for 8 days as it is near to my sister's residence in Dellwood and the Nursing home where my Mom stays, I am disappointed to read such low critiques of this hotel. We were looking for something cheaper than the hotel we stayed the previous three visits (Hilton Inn by the Airport on Evans Place). I would recommend that hotel to anyone, but coming home every year can be very expensive. I suppose you get what you pay for, but I am hoping that my wife and I will be able to give a better review when we check out in September. Otherwise it could be a miserable 8 days. We generally live our room in decent shape when we checkout and usually leave a small tip for housecleaning. We are hoping that this stay will reflect more positive's.

P.S. I am however concerned that like the Hilton Inn we asked for a room with a view with our reservation and was told that they can not book rooms in advance. The Hilton did....with no problems. I just don't want to spend a week looking out my window at a maintenance shack or something.

Room Tip: I marked everything average for now giving this hotel the early benefit of the doubt. You will hear...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mrriddle2
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 29, 2013

At check in the front desk associate was not friendly and had trouble finding my reservation.The room was not cleaned properly. There were dingy sheets, a stale odor, leftover cigarettes/hair accessories/tobacco and marijuana residue in the drawers. The couch was FILTHY, COVERED in stains!!! Luckily I brought my own blankets. The hallway reeked of marijuana as I was taking my 2 y/o and 10 month old to the car. I just didn't have the time or energy to complain during my short trip when they had to have know the state of their facility. Then I find out when I called to change my reservation it didn't go through and I was charged anyway. Needless to say...I will not return and suggest you find a better location. Horrible experience.

Room Tip: Go to another location
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank C S
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at nearly midnight on a weeknight after attending a Cardinals game. We had booked (and prepaid) for our room last minute so there was no cancellation option. When I came to the door at 11:30pm I saw that the front desk was shut up for the night. I picked up the entry phone and asked for a late check-in. I was told there was a problem with the night audit so I could not be checked in until the computer system was fixed. My seven year old was asleep in the car so we asked if we could have an empty room until it was fixed. No. Apparently there is no way to tell what rooms are empty. Given that we prepaid, we are sticking it out to get our room. It has been 2 hours. At this point little can be done to remedy this visit.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank PettTravel
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described about your check-in being delayed due to a computer issue is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I met with the staff, and am hosting additional training for all of our front desk employees to ensure that emergency procedures are in place so that this issue is not repeated.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please feel free to contact me directly, at sla @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#7 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Marriott St. Louis Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central? Share your experiences!