Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central
Priceline
$50
$105
$119
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgranola barsfull service hoteltgi fridaysplace to sleephome away from homehot waterconvenient locationst louisrochelleesacountertopmtcmo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Although hotel was a bit scary and dirty, I just want to compliment Shontelle and also the shuttle driver. If both of those employees were in a different setting, it would have been perfect. It made me want to be Undercover Boss and tear down the hotel, but take Shontelle and the shuttle driver to new hotels and give them raises!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff, specifically Shontelle and our Shuttle Driver. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have used Priceline to get many hotels in the Saint Louis area and have ended up here on several occasions. This hotel has gotten worse every time. The last time everything was sticky, the shower was moldy, the sinks all leaked, the shower head didn't work properly, the hall looked gross, and things around the property were in disrepair.

The time before, the room was clean, but it took a long time to get the pots and pans that I needed to cook my dinner.

This place is hit and miss, but if you can avoid this one, do it.

On a positive note, the water is hot, and they have a nice flat screen TV in most of the rooms.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are the better rooms unless you get the "show room" It looks clean but it has been ransacked and barely has light bulbs in it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mooseskinner
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead St. Louis - Airport. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

By far the worst hotel I've stayed at. Spent one night here in 3/12, will not stay here again. Booked through priceline ($38) and even though the price was good it was just awful. The front desk is not staffed all night, which is a concern. Place is very difficult to get to, you have one shot to turn into it off of the I-70 exit or you will be pulling u-turns and getting on/off exits for a while to get back. The place is very worn down and although it looks promising from the outside it does not seem very safe at all (keep in mind I have stayed in awful neighborhoods in the heart of memphis and new york city with no such concerns). The place seems to be a haven for various nighttime activity after hours.

The room was surprising at first (I was not aware this was an extended stay hotel) when I saw the kitchen area. Upon further inspection it was pretty bad. As I went though the cupboards and drawers the handles and trim kept falling off of the panels. There was a plunger placed delicately in the middle of the bathroom flow. The shower hadn't been cleaned in a very long time and the shower curtain was covered in black mold. And for some reason all of the drain stoppers were removed and set aside in the whole place. The internet was dreadfully slow (but at least free). Aside from towels and sheets, no amenities are provided, not even toilet paper. For a long term stay this might be alright, but for a night or 2 you can get the same room with waaay better service and amenities at a super 8 or knights inn. I'm glad I only booked one night. Place sucks.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank shaunbsc
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Having really thought this hotel was an excellent value before, I thought an update to my older review is in order, FYI. No longer can you leave your car w/them while you travel if you spend at least one night there. Before you could do this and parking was free. You now have to pay to leave your car after a stay and the parking lot is NOT on their property. The fee is just $5 or $6/nt., but still, it's not a freebie anymore and is less convenient than the way they DID have things set up. There was some issue w/some of their guests' cars being broken into several months ago. Although this can happen anywere (and did to several members of one of my kids' ball teams in another state about 15 yrs. ago. Parents had stayed at and parked at a large, nice, chain hotel that had guards in golf carts supposedly 24/7!). I think the breakins at this Homestead Suites MIGHT be the reason for the change in policy. Also, a few months after the famous tornados that hit Joplin, MO and the area around the airport in St. Louis, we were going to stay here but the prices had doubled because they had so many displaced tornado victims staying there and had raised the rates on their rooms by a lot. By now I am sure they have lowered them again, but the offsite longterm parking is still no longer free.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed here for two nights over the Christmas holidays to see family, after spending two nights at a Super 8 in the Ft. Leonard Wood area (near husband's family). Maybe I was spoiled by that Super 8, which was pretty new, very nice, and had a cheaper pet fee, but we have stayed at several Extended Stay/Homestead Studio Suites properties before, and this was definitely the most rundown of any we've encountered.

The whole place felt sort of institutional, like a state-run nursing home or something. The carpet was worn, the walls had been repainted, but in this sickly pale yellow, and everything just seemed kind of...tired. The room seemed clean enough, but there was trash in the trash can under the sink, so really, who knows? When taking a shower, the faucet came off in my hand when I was trying to adjust the water temperature.

We did receive complimentary soap unlike a previous reviewer, but no shampoo. If I remember right, that's standard for ES/HSS hotels, and shampoo is available for purchase at the front desk. Not a big deal for us as we always bring our own.

We were given a room right by an exit door, which would normally be appreciated since we did have our dog with us. However, the re-entry card swipe for this door was broken. Apparently other guests had noticed and just pulled the entry mat up so that the door could not fully close and lock. Not exactly safe, but whatever. Well, one night someone else must have moved the mat, because at 2 AM someone was pounding on that door for a good ten minutes. I don't know if they didn't bring their room key with them or what...there were plenty of other doors whose card swipe things worked, and they could always have gone around to the front? Not exactly fun to wake up to, though, and of course it freaked out the dog.

We asked about the broken card swipe, and the front desk folks said they were aware of the problem and that it had been broken since the Good Friday tornadoes in April! Eight months and they still haven't gotten around to fixing it???

Overall, it was OK, but we had just stayed the previous two nights at a much nicer pet-friendly hotel (with fridge and microwave) for only $10 more a night with the pet fees added in. And again, it was lower quality than any other ES/HSS properties that we've stayed at before. Usually extendedstayhotels.com is my go-to website because I know they are all pet-friendly. But I will be looking elsewhere when we need to stay in St. Louis again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family