“Garbage, And I'm Not Picky. Stay Away.”

Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Nashville, Tennessee
“Garbage, And I'm Not Picky. Stay Away.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

By far the worst hotel I've stayed at. Spent one night here in 3/12, will not stay here again. Booked through priceline ($38) and even though the price was good it was just awful. The front desk is not staffed all night, which is a concern. Place is very difficult to get to, you have one shot to turn into it off of the I-70 exit or you will be pulling u-turns and getting on/off exits for a while to get back. The place is very worn down and although it looks promising from the outside it does not seem very safe at all (keep in mind I have stayed in awful neighborhoods in the heart of memphis and new york city with no such concerns). The place seems to be a haven for various nighttime activity after hours.

The room was surprising at first (I was not aware this was an extended stay hotel) when I saw the kitchen area. Upon further inspection it was pretty bad. As I went though the cupboards and drawers the handles and trim kept falling off of the panels. There was a plunger placed delicately in the middle of the bathroom flow. The shower hadn't been cleaned in a very long time and the shower curtain was covered in black mold. And for some reason all of the drain stoppers were removed and set aside in the whole place. The internet was dreadfully slow (but at least free). Aside from towels and sheets, no amenities are provided, not even toilet paper. For a long term stay this might be alright, but for a night or 2 you can get the same room with waaay better service and amenities at a super 8 or knights inn. I'm glad I only booked one night. Place sucks.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank shaunbsc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Having really thought this hotel was an excellent value before, I thought an update to my older review is in order, FYI. No longer can you leave your car w/them while you travel if you spend at least one night there. Before you could do this and parking was free. You now have to pay to leave your car after a stay and the parking lot is NOT on their property. The fee is just $5 or $6/nt., but still, it's not a freebie anymore and is less convenient than the way they DID have things set up. There was some issue w/some of their guests' cars being broken into several months ago. Although this can happen anywere (and did to several members of one of my kids' ball teams in another state about 15 yrs. ago. Parents had stayed at and parked at a large, nice, chain hotel that had guards in golf carts supposedly 24/7!). I think the breakins at this Homestead Suites MIGHT be the reason for the change in policy. Also, a few months after the famous tornados that hit Joplin, MO and the area around the airport in St. Louis, we were going to stay here but the prices had doubled because they had so many displaced tornado victims staying there and had raised the rates on their rooms by a lot. By now I am sure they have lowered them again, but the offsite longterm parking is still no longer free.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed here for two nights over the Christmas holidays to see family, after spending two nights at a Super 8 in the Ft. Leonard Wood area (near husband's family). Maybe I was spoiled by that Super 8, which was pretty new, very nice, and had a cheaper pet fee, but we have stayed at several Extended Stay/Homestead Studio Suites properties before, and this was definitely the most rundown of any we've encountered.

The whole place felt sort of institutional, like a state-run nursing home or something. The carpet was worn, the walls had been repainted, but in this sickly pale yellow, and everything just seemed kind of...tired. The room seemed clean enough, but there was trash in the trash can under the sink, so really, who knows? When taking a shower, the faucet came off in my hand when I was trying to adjust the water temperature.

We did receive complimentary soap unlike a previous reviewer, but no shampoo. If I remember right, that's standard for ES/HSS hotels, and shampoo is available for purchase at the front desk. Not a big deal for us as we always bring our own.

We were given a room right by an exit door, which would normally be appreciated since we did have our dog with us. However, the re-entry card swipe for this door was broken. Apparently other guests had noticed and just pulled the entry mat up so that the door could not fully close and lock. Not exactly safe, but whatever. Well, one night someone else must have moved the mat, because at 2 AM someone was pounding on that door for a good ten minutes. I don't know if they didn't bring their room key with them or what...there were plenty of other doors whose card swipe things worked, and they could always have gone around to the front? Not exactly fun to wake up to, though, and of course it freaked out the dog.

We asked about the broken card swipe, and the front desk folks said they were aware of the problem and that it had been broken since the Good Friday tornadoes in April! Eight months and they still haven't gotten around to fixing it???

Overall, it was OK, but we had just stayed the previous two nights at a much nicer pet-friendly hotel (with fridge and microwave) for only $10 more a night with the pet fees added in. And again, it was lower quality than any other ES/HSS properties that we've stayed at before. Usually extendedstayhotels.com is my go-to website because I know they are all pet-friendly. But I will be looking elsewhere when we need to stay in St. Louis again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

I would first suggest booking off priceline. I stayed from Friday night to Monday morning. There is only one way in and out and if you pass it you have to get back on the free way go passed and turn around its a hassle. Good if you are going to the amphitheater a little bit away from the zoo and arch though. Hotel smelt a little weird and the side key locks never worked so we had to walk around everytime we tired to get back it. They don't give you shampoo or coffee filters but good hotel if you plan to not spend a lot of time there. I'd stay again with the online rates but heads up you pay for what you get.

• Stayed August 2011
Lebanon, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

Don't stay here if your only staying one night!! They didn't provide soaps or shampoo. Our room was non-smoking but smelled like smoke. Very gross! The bed was very uncomfortable! And it took a very long time to check in!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Bridgeton hotels

Salem, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

My young child and I were flying out of Lambert-St. Louis, and needed a secure, clean, and reasonable hotel for the night. We found everything here! A clean, spacious room, very comfortable bed, and a secure building with good strong room doors and locks. The staff was amazing and helpful, and the shuttle got us to the airport by 5 am, and picked us up when we returned. We parked our van for free during our trip, which was a relief.
I book hotels for our company employees, and I will be using Homestead wherever I can find them from now on!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ShawnaBooking
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

My husband and I live in St. Louis but decided to stay in an airport area hotel in order to save time parking and getting to the airport for a very early flight the next morning. My husband checked out this hotel and made a reservation in person a few weeks before our filght. We had planned to check in during the afternoon, have a leisurely dinner nearby and just chill out and watch t.v. that evening. However, work delays made that impossible. We checked in much later than planned & had a late dinner at the hotel next door (where there is a Friday's). Our room was clean and in good repair. Bed comfort was o.k. (Not the Heavenly Beds like at Westins, but certainly decent!) Considering the kitchen ammenities in our room, it was a good value for anyone wanting to stay near the airport. The desk clerk was nice and we had no problem whatsoever with our room or our stay.

I realize this review is a bit late but I only just decided to write it after reading I surprisingly read some very poor reviews on this property on a few websites. Some of them were fairly old reviews and I have no idea if the hotel has been spruced up since those stays or not.

We are going to be staying here again fairly soon (same reason) and would not have booked this hotel again if we had had problems the first time. IF our next stay is not a good one, I will post another review on this board. However, I think it will be just fine.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center

Been to Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central? Share your experiences!