“Clean, Friendly & Nice Decor”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Although I only stayed one night, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean and I absolutely loved the decor. I've stayed in a few Embassy Suites before and this set up from very different from the rest, but it was still a nice suite. I will say you'll need a car to fully enjoy the city, but I didnt mind the drive.

My only problem with our stay, was the kids. I skipped out on the managers reception and the FREE breakfast, because it was wayyyyy too many kids. So for couples w/o children, I would recommend the high floor, away from the elevators.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed in this motel Memorial Day weekend. I have stayed at numerous Embassy Suites, and it's the motel I always look for first when I travel, as I had never been disappointed in one until this trip. The manager's reception was a disappointment, they were out of Mug root beer the entire 3 night stay, and the Sierra Mist tasted wrong. I asked about the root beer and the person went to the soda machine, tried to get some, and when they just got water said "oh, it's just out." I thought they'd refill it. Not so - so the next night I went to the front desk and told them, where I was told I could get it at the bar. After waiting a while for my turn at the bar, I was told that they don't have root beer at the bar, I had to get it from the soda fountain (still out, and the Sierra Mist still tasted wrong). The 3rd night I tried the fountain again, but still out, and the Sierra Mist still tasted wrong. Aside from that, the veggies and dip were not kept full very well any of the nights. Breakfast was also a disappointment. I usually love the Embassy breakfasts, and to be honest it's at least half the reason I stay at Embassy motels so often. But the breakfast here was awful. They didn't have waffles or anything for on/in your pancakes. I had to wait for a clean plate and for food in the self-serve hot line even though we were only halfway through the breakfast time. When I did finally get food, the bacon was slimy and cold, the eggs were cold, and on the last morning they ran out of orange juice and sausage, and only 1 of the apple juice things was still working! I know they were really busy, but they knew they were going to be, so I don't understand why they didn't stock up and staff up for the weekend.
But the worse thing is that my Ipad was stolen out of my room! I had it OUT OF SITE in my bag, which means not only did they take my ipad, but they dug through my stuff! When I told the people at the front desk they were friendly and they filled out a report. The engineer there went up and read the lock to see what keys were used, but aside from that they did nothing. They asked if I wanted housekeeping service that day and I told them no, and I had the "do not disturb" sign on my door all day. But I got a note that said "sorry we missed you, we came to clean your room but found the 'do not disturb' sign up..." They didn't miss me - I had told them I did NOT want service! Supposedly the manager was out for the weekend, but was going to call me today. I haven't heard from them yet.
On the positive side, the location of the motel was good, and the rooms were okay. Although I could hear more noise from the next room over (coughs, laughs, throat clearing) than I have at most Embassy's I've stayed in, but it wasn't too bad. And the complimentary internet was nice while I still had my ipad.
Unless they impress me with their handling of my disappointments, I won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank another_traveler_3
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the St Louis Embassy Suites - Airport over the Memorial Day weekend. Our hotel was packed but the staff managed the crowd well and were always courteous. The rooms are spacious. Love the fact that we can shut the door between the living room and bedroom so my husband could stay up late and watch TV while my daugher and I went to sleep.
I inadvertently left my purse in the bar on Saturday night and did not realize it for a couple of hours. When I called the front desk in a panic they said someone had turned it in and they had it waiting for me. Not one thing was taken. So thank you very much to whoever found it and turned it in and to the front desk for taking care of it for me.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Really friendly staff, nice facilities, couldn't be more pleased. We live in a house with a number of people so we escape once a week to a hotel, and this is our number one choice. It's near the airport, so if you're flying in it's perfect; in any case St.Louis is centralized enough that you're not far from anything.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Great location - friendly staff! This hotel gets it right. We enjoyed the breakfast and the nightly managers cocktail reception. Rooms very clean and updated. Free shuttle - easy access to downtown and st. charles county.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Wonderfully renovated hotel. The rooms/hotel were appointed in a very nice modern décor. Staff were VERY pleasant especially the morning Chef!!!!! The location was excellent and easily accessible to the airport!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I came to embassy suites to relax and have a quiet evening alone. The compilmentary happy hours was great. I talked with the bartenders and other visitors to the hotel and watched a basketball game in the lobby and had a very enjoyable night. The room was quiet and felt like home and the breakfast was delightful and fullfilling. The pool and fitness center was great to get my day going. Thanks

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!