“Fun Hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a Friday night in STL. We thoroughly enjoyed the managers reception with two hours of all the free cocktails and snacks you like. We then took advantage of the free shuttle service to the casino (they shuttle anywhere within a few miles). They were there to pick us up five minutes after we called for a ride back too. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and the hot breakfast was nice. My only qualm would be that the thermostat had been modified so you could not let the fan run and I need ambient noise to sleep. Overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

KeriRenee11,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to attend the Manager’s Reception and Cooked-to-Order Breakfast. Your comments about the great service the shuttle driver provided will be passed along to the Front Desk as well as to housekeeping regarding your clean room. We appreciate your business and hope we get the opportunity to see you again the next time you are in St. Louis!

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 1/19 through 1/22/2013. I complained about the condition of the rooms, the breakfast service and the extremely warm halls ways. The photos of the rooms on the hotel website looked great. The rooms were not maintained. The furniture was cheap and in poor condition, walls were dirty and scuffed and curtains were hanging off the rod tracks. I reviewed eight rooms before I simply gave up and asked the assistant manager of housekeeping if they could do some touch ups. I would have gone to another hotel but I was attending an event being held in this hotel. The maintenance man on duty did come to the room with a scratch marker and touched up the chips on the furniture. He also put the curtain back on the tracks. The breakfast service needs attention. Food from the buffet line was cold and slowly replenished. There was never any clean silverware and you had to ask one of the servers to bring some. One day I had to clean off a table in order to sat down to eat. Not one server working in the eating area ask if you needed anything and none of them were friendly. I did report my dissatisfaction to the assistance manger on duty and he said he would have the manager contact me. It's been almost two weeks pass since my stay and I have not heard from the manager. This will be a "truck stop" hotel in a year if the management and maintenance continue on it's current path. Also forgot to mention I had a issue with the room rate that did not get resolved either. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Karen L,

I’ve passed your information along and assure you someone will get in touch with you soon. I apologize for the inconveniences you ran into while staying at our hotel. I will also pass your comments along to the appropriate departments so we can fix the issues. Thank you for letting us know!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed one night. Enjoyed the managers reception. Rooms were very modern and comfortable. The breakfast had one of the best selections of any Embassy Suites I've stayed at! Very clean and staff friendly. Already have another trip booked to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we offer. Your comments will be passed along to the Food and Beverage department. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights on business and was very impressed. I had stayed here a few years ago and the renovation that's taken place in the past few years is great. The bar is the focal point of the main floor and is very welcoming with its open space design.

All the hotel rooms are on an angle due to the shape of the building, it's a little odd but it works. Very clean and comfortable but that what I expect at Embassy Suites.

The breakfast was up to par and I like the regional touch of biscuits and gravy, it's a nice break from the usual French toast and pancakes which I believe they also served.

The manager’s reception was busy, but with the open design never felt crowded. In addition to bar service, there was also a cocktail waitress who was great with remembering drinks. The only downside was on Thursday night they had run out of glasses and were serving all drinks in paper cups - not the best vehicle for red wine which seeped through the seam.

The parking lot is really difficult to exit due to the constant steam of traffic coming off the interstate, a stoplight on that corner would be a great help.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

baloney56,

Thank you for taking the time to let our future guests know how you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to one day have better access to and from the hotel. Your comments will be passed along to the Food and Beverage team and we will plan accordingly for the Manager’s Reception. Once again we thank you for staying with us and hope to earn your business again next time you are in St. Louis.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Check your room charge. Had a fraudulent tip added to restaurant charge. I picked up appetizers at bar last night and took back to room. Purposely marked through tip line but when I reviewed the room charge at checkout a fraudulent charge had been added. Talked to GM.

• Stayed: January 2013

mdsjt4,

I apologize for the problem that you incurred while staying at our hotel. I am glad that this was handled as soon as it was brought to our attention and hopefully you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay with us.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed in a King Suite. From where I was visiting, this was a convenient location and great value. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. I had the complimentary breakfast in the morning. They make a decent omelet. The only thing that i would change is for them to provide non-pork breakfast meats, but we are in the mid-west. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Cnappydiva,

Thank you for taking the time to let our future guests know how you enjoyed our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning. Your comments have been passed along to the Food and Beverage department in regards to the breakfast selection. Hopefully you were able to visit all that St. Louis has to offer!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had a suite with 2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper. Comfortable clean accommodations. The bartender was FABULOUS! We arrived on Christmas night and he made sure we had everything we needed, including dinner. I'm not sure but he may have cooked it himself. Our only issue was that they ran out of breakfast food 30 minutes before the ending time. This was probably because it was the 26th of December. Overall, great value for the price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Kelley9733,

Thank you for letting our future guests know how you enjoyed your stay with us! We will pass along your comments to the bartender to let him know he met your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the breakfast issue you ran into the next morning. We hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!