“Thank God for such a great hotel experience!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
CENTENNIAL
“Thank God for such a great hotel experience!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had to go to MO to visit a few clients in a few different small towns. When I made my reservations for the 3-day, 2-night trip, I was stuck staying in a small town, low budget hotel because that's where my client suggested that I stay. But, the second night, I had to have completed my almost 600 mile circuit around the state and I would be flying out in the morning. I wanted a hotel close to the airport, but nice. I've had mixed experiences with Embassy Suites in the past and I had once vowed to never stay in one again. I usually travel on business, so I have to work into the night and get up early for meetings. I had stayed in some where busloads of kids pulled up for soccer or some other sporting events. The rotten kids run rampant in the hotels and their voices always carry up because of the openness of the hotels. Calls to the front desk result in "sorry, there's nothing we can do to make the kids be quiet." But I digress...

I knew I'd be tired and in need of a nice room after staying in what was surely (and was) a dump. I arrived in St. Louis in a torrential downpour and dragged my bags in while getting fairly soaked. Front desk staff were both friendly and the guy who checked me in was attentive and efficient. He thanked me for being in their honor program. After a few short minutes, I was off to my room. As I was lugging my wet bags to my room, I was worried that the layout of the hotel might make it noisy, like some ESs can be. Not a chance. They gave me a room at the end of an off-shoot hallway. The VERY end. It was HEAVENLY quiet. It was very clean and modern (maybe renovated recently?). After the previous night in a stinky, stark, no-frills room, I was SO thrilled to be in such a nice, quiet little suite. I was tired from my time on the road, and it was still pouring, so I order room service and curled up on the couch to read my book. The room service was EXCEPTIONAL. The sheets were soft, the bed perfect, the temperature of the room was perfect because I could control it myself, the towels were soft and rich. I had a WONDERFUL experience at this Embassy Suites. By the way, I had a little glitch in trying to order dinner. I kept calling room service to order dinner and it kept ringing busy. I called the front desk and the girl said she'd go look into it and I asked her to have them call me when they had a free minute. They called me less than 5 minutes later. The front desk girl called a few minutes later to check to see if I had received the call and got my dinner ordered. I was so impressed that she seemed to care if I got to order dinner and I was a happy guest!! I will absolutely stay at this hotel again. I look forward to it.

1 Thank KELLY R
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Kelly,

Thank you very much for the extensive review on our hotel during your stay. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially after your previous night somewhere else. Your comments will be passed along to room service. We look forward to having you return to St. Louis and staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 8 days and it was consistently great. Every employee that I came in contact with was overly nice and went out of their way to ensure that my stay was a pleasant one. I felt more like a guest than just another lump of revenue walking in the door. The food was excellent and normally dined in instead of leaving the hotel. The cons... There's only one road in and out of the hotel and that's off of a one way so if you miss your turn you're going for a ride. You can see the hotel from many different areas but you can only get to it one way. The area surrounding the hotel is not the best but luckily you don't really need to leave the hotel. When in the St Louis airport area again I will definitely stay there again and hopefully someone would have put in a new way to get to it.

Room Tip: Everything is centralized in the hotel so any room is a nice room.
Tim,

First of all, we would like to thank you very much for staying with us for eight nights. We are happy to know we met your expectations. Unfortunately, we do still only have one way in and out of the hotel. We hope that one day this will not be the case. Enjoy your next trip to St. Louis and we look forward to seeing you again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The room I stayed in was fabulous, large, and clean! When I arrived they had 2 snickers bars, 2 milky way bars, and two bottles of water waiting on me... Probably because I am a diamond member. Downstairs there is a bar that is pretty centrally located with amazing drink specials and apps. I had the chicken fettuccini - which was very tasty. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
MissTravelinGal,

Thank you for leaving such a great review on Trip Advisor. We are happy to see you enjoyed your dinner; your comments will be passed along to the food and beverage department. Thank you again for being a loyal Hilton Honors member, we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel well beautiful and well kept. The manager's reception was excellent and the staff was friendly. The lobby and hallways were a little chilly, but a light sweater did the trick! The breakfast was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
NashvilleRDH,

Thank you for leaving a review of our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and you were able to attend the Manager’s Reception. We hope to earn your business the next time you are in the St. Louis area.
Rhode Island
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The renovation is complete, and everything looks great! The check in process took a long time, there was only one person at the desk and @ 5 people waiting in line. Came in later so did not have a chance to try the Managers cocktail reception and the client took me out for dinner so did not dine on the property. The breakfast is as good as always. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. Now, if there was only a way to stop guests from slamming their doors!

The only negative is the length of time it took for the hot water to reach the higher floor for my morning shower. Seriously, I let the water in the shower run for 5 minutes, shut if off and tried again...still no hot water. Just about the time I was ready to call down stairs to see if it was a hotel wide issue, the water started getting warm. Once it started there was plently of hot water, no issue there, my concern is with the wasted cold water going down the drain while waiting for the water to heat up. There must be something that can be done to conserve!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Alps110,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We’re so pleased to hear you like our new renovations. I am sorry about the inconvenience regarding the malfunctioning hot water. Conserving is very important to us as well and I have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can correct this immediately. We hope to see you again if you’re ever in the area.
Saint Marys, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Really great and friendly service, felt the staff was really trying to make the stay pleasant and they did. Breakfast and manager's reception were above and beyond. Shuttle to airport was fast and seemed to be on demand.

Room Tip: Elevators are fast and effective so no worry about a room in upper floors
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Johnny I,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the St. Louis area. We hope to earn your business again soon!
Northvale, New Jersey
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This was a nice hotel, conveniently located to where I needed to do business. The room was nice but the toilet was broken and ran every 15 minutes or so. My credit card was also used for fradulant charges shortly after check-in. I cannot prove anything but this was the first time my corp card was used in 3 weeks and out of my control and site during check in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I sincerely apologize for your experience at our property and appreciate your feedback. I’ve asked the maintenance team to investigate and repair the broken toilet but apologize it wasn’t fixed before the end of your stay. The safety and security of our guests is top concern. Please contact the Front Office Manager, Betty Meara, directly at betty.meara@hilton.com so she can speak with you about this matter.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!