“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Columbia, MO
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This is the first time that we have chosen the Embassy Suites Airport for our park & fly option. After staying at many of the other airport hotels, we will definitely return to the Embassy Suites. This property has had an excellent update/remodel. The lobby and room were tastefully decorated, extremely clean, and very comfortable. Unlike many Embassy Suites, rooms do not ring the interior atrium. There are multiple short hallways, leading from the atrium, with rooms on either side of the hallway. This design makes for much quieter rooms. Check-in was efficient and quick, and unlike many airport hotels, we were not required to park in a specific area. Breakfast is served beginning at 6:00 a.m. We were among the first guests for breakfast at 6:00 and the cooked-to-order omelet was outstanding, along with the chef being very pleasant and accommodating. The hotel's shuttle to the airport leaves on the half hour and was very prompt with a most helpful driver. Upon arrival back in St. Louis, a call to the hotel had the shuttle to us up within a few short minutes. We will definitely make Embassy Suites our "go-to" hotel for park & fly or any St. Louis activites due to their excellent service and quiet, clean, comfortable rooms and facilities.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
ShowMe-

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! We are happy to hear that you will return next time and you enjoyed our entire renovation. We look forward to having you stay again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Just a quick stop at the hotel for a night. Compared to the old style Embassy Suites, this is style is amazingly modern. It is very appealing. The restaurant has small menu but anything I ordered was just fantastic. I;m looking forward to return

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Epekarik-

We look forward to having you stay with us again and appreciate your business. Our entire renovation has been a big hit with everyone that has stayed with us so far; same with Anne Morrow’s!
Philadelphia
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This was a business trip and I will sure make sure to only lodge here when in the area. The room was squeeky clean and the front desk staff was extra professional. Sy was a wonderful waiter who even served me in the reception/bar area during the Manager's Reception Hour. The bar tender was extra kind and served without even asking for refill. The facility is super clean and well lite. I would consider visiting on vacation come Football Season 2012!!! Thank you for the BEST stay I have ever had and the Embassy Suites are my first choice business or pleasure. See you again soon.

J J

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel this time and next time you are in the area. Your positive comments will be passed on to the front desk, Sy, and the bartenders. We appreciate the comment of having the best stay ever and we look forward to seeing you soon, hopefully in the football season!
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is the first Embassy Suites I've stayed at with the new, more modern look. The lobby looks fantastic, and is extremely comfortable. The rooms are great, with 2 flatscreen TVs and really comfortable beds. The shower was also excellent.
The happy hour was outstanding. First the snacks were a cut above what I've seen at other Embassy Suites. They had multiple types of cheese, sliced salami, prosciutto, fruit, bread and the usual chips and pretzels. What I really appreciated was the very PROACTIVE bartender, who refused to let your (free) glass of wine go empty. And yes, you should tip generously for that! All in all, a great stay for an airport hotel. (and the rate was crazy low)

Pir8guy-
Thank you for leaving a great review for our future guests. We are glad to see that you enjoyed the new, renovated look of our hotel and were able to take advantage of the two hour Manager’s Reception. Your comments will be passed along to the food and beverage department so they know they are doing a great job! Thank you again.
Bowling Green
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I read tripadvisor before booking any rooms on vacation, so I want to give a honest review with all the good and the bad. This is my first stay at an Embassy Suites Hotel and I feel like I got and excellent deal for the price. For this same price I could have stayed at a Holiday Inn or Best Western..which by no means would have been as nice as my Embassy Suites stay. So here goes my review......
Good:
Most Comfortable bed I ever slept in.
Modern new clean rooms.
Free Managers Reception and Free Breakfast.
Cold Air Conditioner
Quiet Rooms (Never heard plane or other guests)
Excellent Price
Easy check in and out

Bad:
Indoor Pool too small (went back several times to find the pool over ran with guests) Never got to enjoy a swim or lounge in the hot tub.

Female bartender and breakfast staff would show expressions of disaproval when not given a tip. ( I tipped but many guests I seen were not and they employees made it known they were not happy about it)...Seemed unprofessional to me. I enjoyed the male bartender more. He seemed more professional and was concerned about doing a good job rather he got a tip or not.

Breakfast food was not very good (hard biscuits and cold eggs on the bar....but in turn there was a cook who would cook food fresh for guests when/if requested.

Prepaid my room for what I thought was a great deal only to find it $20.00 cheaper per night a few weeks later. Could not change rate to cheaper price once booked.

By far the good was more than the bad. To me the bad is easy to overlook because of all the good. Overall..if I was coming back to St Louis I would stay again at this Hotel. I feel like I got great value. I can not stress that enough. I did want to point out the bad...If you have children like me...and the pool is important on vacation..you might want to look somewhere else. This hotel is perfect for buisness travelers..but for a family vacations...you might look for a pool bigger.

For my next family trip I will definetly be looking for an Embassy Suites due to the value when everything is considered.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Letreze S-
Thank you for taking the time to give a detailed review to our Trip Advisor guests; many of them come here before going on any vacation, just like you. We are happy to hear that you got a great deal and will stay with us again next time in St. Louis. Your comments will be passed on to the appropriate departments and we hope to improve in areas that you noted. Thank you again.
Montpelier, Vermont, United States
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I spent a week at the hotel on business and was impressed with both the front desk staff (thanks, Stacy) and the people who serve, clean and care for the place. Cy will bring your room service meal with a smile and the ladies and gentlemen who oversee the managers reception already have your glass of chardonnay poured when you come limping in after a hard business day. I also noted that they have a family-friendly happy hour with sodas and hot dogs for the kids. The decor is light, airy and modern and the rooms feel like a little home away from home.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
EmbassySuitesSTL, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Liz R,

Thank you very much for providing your feedback for our hotel. We appreciate you giving us a week of your time while working in the St. Louis area. Your comments will go to each and every department and Stacy and Cy will be recognized for providing excellent service. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax after work. Hope to see you again.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Having Hilton Gold status, I stay in lots of Hilton properties every year, and this Embassy Suites was very nice. The rooms were updated and fresh, the lobby was in top shape, and the rooms were unexpectedly quiet. Many of the older Embassies have the rooms all facing the atrium, where the noise rises upward and into all the rooms, and this one had halls of rooms leading away from the atrium. As I walked down the hall to my room, things got noticeably quieter. The breakfast was top notch, as was the staff throughout the property. My only disappointment was that the pool was being repaired and was out of service; I specifically chose an Embassy Suites over a Homewood Suites to get an indoor pool.

Room Tip: Get a room further down the hall, away from the atrium, for a quieter stay.