“I expected better.”
Review of Kolache Factory

Kolache Factory
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Brentwood
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ballwin, Missouri
“I expected better.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The food was OK but disappointing compared to the kolache places I am familiar with, in the city of West, Texas. Just off I 35 in central Texas. Both the Czech Stop and the Little Czech Bakery have spoiled me from enjoying kolaches anywhere else.

Visited November 2012

Webster Groves, Missouri
“Interesting”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Try them. There is quite a variety and they are pretty good. A bit expensive, but not too bad. You will want to try a bunch of them, so go hungry.

Visited January 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Fast-food Alternative”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stopped in here because I was driving by and had never had a kolache before. It's counter service with a bit of seating. There were dozens of varieties behind the counter like in a doughnut shop. I couldn't decide, so tried 4 varieties, which came to just over $10. I wasn't impressed. They were doughy pockets like the frozen kind you can microwave at home. I had sausage gravy, a couple of egg and cheese varieties and jalapeno popper. They tended toward bland and unseasoned. I needed to add hot sauce. I would not go out of my way to return, but it's an OK alternative to the usual fast food fare.

• Visited March 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Upscale hot pockets”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Tried this on a whim with my 7yo and had no idea what to expect. It's counter service with speed and a help yourself drink bar. I was surprised to find egg selections and even lunch type food. We both enjoyed the egg, cheese, and sausage (though I thought it could have been warmer) and an apricot. Only complaint is the coffee service. It's a programmed machine - there's no carafe of milk available. Guess it's fine if you happen to like the amount of milk the machine adds, but it was too light for me.