“Surprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian, European, American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was good enough the 1st time to bring my friends and I back a 2nd time The service was far better as well as the food than I have come to expect from chain restaurants. The 4 of us ordered different variations of pasta i.e. meatballs. seafood. etc. Romano's has qualified to be included in our Friday night dinner rotation.
Our waitress Megan? anyway it began with a "M" was topnotch in spite of the restaurant being full, she managed to have the right degree of solicitiness

• Visited January 2013

“We love to eat there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

They make us feel as if we are family or best friends when we go in. They bend over backwards to make sure everything is perfect. The food is always great.

St. Louis
“Whoops, hollers and Orgasm jokes coming from the kitchen!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant last Thursday evening around 8. It was not crowded, and we had a short wait for a table. When we walked in and up to the hostess she said, nothing -- absolutely nothing. I waited for her to say something, like "Welcome to Macaroni Grill" or "Hello, how many in your party?" Something, anything. Nope, she remained silent until I finally asked her how long of a wait would it be for a table for 2? She looked down and said 15 minutes and we took a seat. I gave her a last name. I sat where I could observe her. Over the next 15 mins she did the same ritual, or lack there of, when others arrived for dinner. She said nothing and stood there like a statue in the interim. Another woman then yells out our last name and we are seated. We were offered wine and served water & eventually warm bread. Mind you we had visited this restaurant several times in the past few years and it was ok. Sometimes even great. Not tonight. One of the waitresses was clearing a table and dropped and broke a glass. Several voices from the kitchen started whooping, hollering and applauding at the girl's misfortune. I wondered if they were mindful that clients were even in the restaurant. It didn't seem so. The food arrived, it was ok, Nothing to brag about and the way it was served was even worse. Again, the silent treatment, but this time from the waiter. He served the bread without a word and the same for our food; it was delivered in what I can only describe as drive-by fashion. He was not attentive and disappeared in between serving anything. We were mid our meal when we overheard voices in the kitchen loudly laughing and telling a joke containing orgasm! No kidding. (To describe the loudness, we were not sitting anywhere near the kitchen and I do not hear very well but these fools were quite audible anyway!) The decor of the restaurant is nice bu the atmosphere created by the staff made the entire experience unpleasant and trashy -- it did not match our expectations at all. Don't go here if you are looking for a nice evening out. This isn't the place to get that, unfortunately. I don't know what happened, but this used to be a nice place. Looks like management doesn't care about getting further business. They won't get mine.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
St. Louis
“Somewhat disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I took my mom and niece here on a Sunday afternoon in November 2012 to celebrate their birthdays. I loved the ambiance of the restaurant and we had a great server. The bread with olive oil served as a starter was very good, as was the mushroom ravioli. However the chicken speidini was not speidini at all, only rubbery chunks of chicken on a skewer. No breading or oil or flavor. The roasted vegetables served with it were the best part of the meal. Also the "brick" chicken was dry and not very flavorful. I was disappointed with most of the food and wish I had spent my money elsewhere. Note that I did not complain about my meal as I believe they would have served me something else, so I guess it's my own fault..

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
“Yammi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

This place is good for a date or for a romantic dinner for too. Its also good for friends to eat at it.. Its little bit pricey but it worth it.