Over the years we've stayed at the majority of hotels throughout the Branson area but one thing we've learned, music row, the strip, is noisy and highly congested with traffic throughout the day and evening due to music show traffic. So this time we opted for a quieter area at the Branson West. I knew from the exterior it was one of the older facilities in town and was worried what we might find inside but I was delightfully surprised to find the interior had been renovated and was very modern. We opted for the 3rd fl. but there are elevators or a short walk up stair case for your convenience. As I mentioned, after being a frequent visitor to the area and disappointed in the past with other hotels due to wear and tear and lack of cleanliness I was impressed with the fact that the room itself was extremely clean and modern with a balcony. Parking is free and convenient to your room. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. And when they hand you material to read, read it. We learned belatedly that we could have obtained ice for our cooler at the front desk free of charge. There is a lovely pool and a nice workout room available. There is a small store next door for anything you may have forgotten to bring along but you can get toiletries at the front desk. For the most part you are in a woodland setting that is quiet and peaceful. The teens with us had a good laugh at my expense when I questioned the condition of the carpet in the hallway but it's not worn out, it's modern decor. I was surprised and disappointed though in one aspect during the booking process. Children 16 and older, even if they are a student in high school are charged as an adult even if they're in the same room. We travel with our own soaps, shampoo's etc. so I'm not sure why the extra charge is necessary. Going green? This idea in a hotel still baffles me. I don't mind sleeping on the same sheets during a 2-3 day visit but being from a long line of nurses and physicians I am surprised that anyone would recommend using anything other than a hand towel more than once. I'm concerned about staff infections and bacteria so unfortunately for the housekeepers and the "green" advocates we accepted the opportunity to deposited used towels and washcloths on the floor for fresh ones every day. The beds were great and I don't say that lightly since I am picky about sleep quality. They were extremely comfortable and we loved the way they wrap the comforters in the sheets for a cozy, warm feel and a good nights sleep. There were other young children present and although you might hear them in the hallways or dining room, once in your room, it's very quiet. It is conveniently located near Silver Dollar City. If you don't want to drive, take the hotel shuttle. I was truly amazed at all the freebie services this hotel offered. We had an enjoyable stay and were very pleased that the staff were friendly and pleasant to deal with compared to others we've experienced in the past at other hotels. The boys especially enjoyed the showers in soft water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to Silver Dollar City with free shuttle to and from the park, deluxe continental breakfast, indoor pool, kiddie pool, Jacuzzi, game room, conference, meeting and banquet rooms. Wireless internet. Hotel features interior corridors with an elevator. All rooms have a private balcony! We are located ½ mile from Silver Dollar City and 4 miles from all of Branson. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western + Iniative, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Branson Inn and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Branson Hotel Branson West
- Best Western Branson West
- Branson West Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Branson Inn And Conference Center MO - Branson West