BEST WESTERN Branson Inn and Conference Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mounds, Oklahoma
“Get Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed 4 days never are displeased with our stay here. Excellent people are alway helpful to help with anything that comes up. Has nice pool and hot tub nice breckfast everyday. Shuttle to Silver Dollar City.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BWInfo, Owner at BEST WESTERN Branson Inn and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for the excellent review and for staying with us. We strive everyday to make you stay a great one. We look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Tulsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We popped in for a one night stay in Branson without reservations (something we NEVER do) and ended up in the Best Western. Price was reasonable (under $100) and the room was fairly large with a very comfortable king sized bed. The room also had a desk and business chair, and a Lazy boy type chair. The bathroom was clean and good sized.. The staff was excellent. It has free Wi-Fi and a business center,. There's a restaurant there, but we didn't have occasion to use it.

The hotel has a complimentary hot breakfast. For us, it was scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, two choices of sausage along with fresh and canned fruit, an assortment of pastries, three types of juice, coffee, cereal, hard boiled eggs and probably a few othre items.

The hotel was within 1/2 mile of Silver Dollar City. They have a free shuttle, but since we were just a one night stay, we didn't use it.

We've stayed in other hotels near Silver Dollar CIty, but this may be the nicest place in the immediate area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BobSnowedn
Russellville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed with my 14y/o granddaughters for 2 nights for a Silver Dollar City "spoil 'em" weekend. This is definitely an older building but the rooms have been updated recently. I was impressed how nice the room felt, especially the bathroom. The beds had a pillow top feel, bedding was clean, and the bed didn't squeak every time I had to get up. It was almost eerily quiet in the room. Would have thought we were the only ones there but a full parking lot attested differently. I could never get the keycard to work but my grandaughter had no trouble with it.

The hallways are somewhat institutional, monotone whitewash walls and tired, worn carpeting. The pool area was large, surrounded by windows and sliding glass doors. It was an extremely hot evening so the air flow was welcome. The hot tub is fiberglass and felt clean and temperature correct but the water flow is minimal. Was also nice that I could watch my girls in the pool from the hot tub. Pool hours were great, staying open til midnight. There is a kiddie pool, also. Breakfast fare was pretty standard but the room was above standard with 2 walls of windows and plenty of seating. Beats the usual cubby hole breakfast areas. The staff at the desk are excellent, very friendly.

Location is ideal for SDC and being able to enjoy Branson without suffering maddening traffic. It is next to SDC and was great to come back to the room at will to freshen up, rest, and go again. We didn't use the shuttle but can see how that would be nice with little kids and strollers. I would have liked to have had a microwave and fridge but I didn't ask for these specifically. The shampoo sample is tiny considering had 3 women in the room so I was glad I thought to bring my own. Also, if I had gotten a receipt for the room under my door, I wouldn't have had to check out at the desk.

Overall, I am happy I chose to stay here. I plan to return with the next age group of grand kids.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Agalia B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have stayed here twice this summer while visiting Silver Dollar City. We selected the hotel based on location, and that aspect is very convenient. Quick, easy drive to the park. I was surprised that the rooms have been so nicely updated. Fresh paint, carpet, bedding, granite counter and new bathroom fixtures The clerk said flatscreen tvs were on order, and that will be a good upgrade. The hallways are very dated, which seems odd since the lobby and rooms have both been redone. Again, the clerk said the hallways were on the list of improvements to be made, so that will be great when complete. Did not use the indoor pools, but did take a look at them. The small round kiddie pool looked perfect for little ones to splash around in, and the regular pool was large. Both pools and the hot tub appeared clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mount Ayr, Iowa, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel is very outdated and in need of upgrades especially the hallways. None of the pop or vending machines would take cash, coins only. All but 1 game was broke in the game room. The hot tub is big and nice but the jets have minimal output, didnt hardly move the water. The pool area/hot tub didnt open til 9A so my husband who is an early riser was irritated with this. The mattress was terrible, I could feel the springs. However, the staff was SUPER nice and tried to find a different mattress for us, but they were all the same. Breakfast was good. Shuttle service was good(hourly would be nice) Not enough electrical outlets for my family either. TV's outdated. No fitness center that I found. I checked out early & Reserve Direct refunded me. Not the best experience, but certainly not the worst either.

2 Thank Brenda C
I agree. The halls are outdated and they are on the list of things to accomplish this winter. Also we are in the process of putting in 37" flat screen LG tv's. I am not sure what the issue was with the game room but that is not typical so I am sorry for that. As for the pool. The sign says 9Am so we can get it clean for the next day. If you have a special need we are an accommodation and we love to accommodate our guests. So please ask and if we can we will.

Thank you for your candid review. I want to know so I can fix it.
Dahlgren, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed in a king suite on the 3rd floor and our friends were in the connecting room, which was very convenient. The rooms are fairly comfortable and were pretty clean, but super dated. The front dest staff was incredibly helpful and friendly and the shuttle bus to Silver Dollar City is a really nice benefit of staying here. The breakfast is average and seemed to be the same thing every morning, but the dining room is large and accomodates folks comfortably. The kids in our party loved the game room and the indoor pool was extremely clean, but HOT! It would have been nice to have a little air moving in the pool room! If you are going to SDC, this is a great place to stay with kids. It is a bit dated, but excellent staff and our room was clean. My only complaint was the balcony outside our room was not clean - in fact, there were cigarette butts everywhere. This place is good for a couple nights, but I wouldn't stay here any longer than that.

Room Tip: I found the hallways to be confusing, for some reason. The 3rd floor was very quiet.
2 Thank Dahlgren_ILLakelover
Russellville, Arkansas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed in a king suite on the ground floor. The TV was an old tube model. The internet did not function half the time. The staff was very kind from the front desk to the room maid: All very kind and considerate. Location was close to Silver Dollar City, so was great to my kids. Pool was indoors and clean. The hallways and facilities seemed old and delapidated, but was acceptable for the price paid. No elevator was not a problem since we were on the bottom, but could be an issue if you are on the top floor (3 floors). The hotel seemed like an enclosed motel.

Room Tip: Stay on the bottom floor since no elevator is available.
1 Thank Stan S
, Owner at BEST WESTERN Branson Inn and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your review. I have good news for you. we are in the process of purchasing new tv's and installing them in our rooms. They should be in by the time you come next time. Also not to worry we do have an elevator. It goes to all three floors and is positioned at the end of the building. Our lobby is on the second floor along with a floor of rooms and our second and third entrance enter on the first floor. An Ozark trait built in the mountains. The entrances and hallways are on our list of remodels as soon as we finish our tv's and update the few bathrooms that have not received the granite. Come back and check out our progress.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branson West
#20 of 140 in Branson
Still Waters Resort
Still Waters Resort
#29 of 140 in Branson

Been to BEST WESTERN Branson Inn and Conference Center? Share your experiences!