All reviews pontoon boat screened in porch enjoyed our stay extended family table rock lake hot tub keep coming back out of the way a great stay short drive family vacation silver dollar city docks playground amber accommodations cabin
Selected filters
Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

Awesome resort. I was there for family reunion. Great cabins with beautiful lake view. The owner Chieko and her assisrant Amber were like a part of our giant family. Cabins equipped with every thing I needed and when we had our fish fry and needed extra items they brought over more pans for cornbread and made sure we had plenty of chairs for our family and friend's.
It's not the Hilton. It's an awesome country atmosphere with fun swimming, boating, grilling and making great memories with my family. Will be back next year

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2017

We vacationed at Green Valley Resort for 10 days and felt like we were at a home away from home. The staff were kind and conscientious; making sure everyone in our group (we had a large group for a Family Reunion) were comfortable. The variety of cabins (price and size) was perfect for us-offering something for everyone. We had extra people come at the last minute and they were able to accommodate us. We were pleasantly surprised when my sister and her large family were updated to a larger cabin upon arrival at a minimal charge. The rooms were clean and plenty of kitchen supplies to cook and grill for our large group. Our room had a beautiful Lake view. The beds in our cabin were very comfortable, as were the sofas in the living room. The resort offered plenty of activities for all: park, horseshoes, volleyball, shuffleboard, nice pool, large dock for swimming and fishing, and several boats available for rent. We enjoyed renting the pontoon a couple times during our stay for our large group. The best things about this resort for me are the location; set on a manicured point with a beautiful quiet Lake View and also the friendliness of the staff-always with a smile and very helpful. The thing I like least is the day we leave to go home.
Jeanne McFadden, St. Peters, MO

Room tip: They offer a variety of cabins with sizes to accommodate any size family/group. Also offer lake view and/or cabins close to park and pool.
1  Thank jeanne1mc
Reviewed June 11, 2017

First, the good about Green Valley Resort: the owner Chieko Henka is very nice and accommodating when she can be. The location is great, there are swings on the hill close to the lake, washer and dryer work well and are clean, boat slips are available, cost is relatively low, kitchens and bathrooms are clean, bed linens are clean. The not-so-good news is that the place is really shabby and I don't mean shabby chic. Furniture is worn,our screened-in porch had big holes in the screen and not enough chairs to go around the table, no ceiling fans in the bedrooms and a/c ducts are right above the bed, windows don't open, there was carpet in one bathroom, shower curtains are skimpy, towels are plentiful (you can usually get clean ones whenever you want) but they are v thin. Overall, you just have to decide what's most important for your family. We had a great time but will not visit there again.

Room tip: Cabin 16 has a screen porch with a lake view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Chieko H, Owner at Green Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

I want to thank you for your review, although I want to explain to you that this is a Family Resort that was built in the 1950's with the Lake, clean and tidy. First I would like to touch base on the positive remarks you have made. We strive to make this vacation a well relaxed, and home away from home environment. I am sorry to hear that you will not be returning.
I want to first tell you that the furniture in the cabin is Ethan Allen and is clean and of good quality. Second of all I was not aware of the hole in the screen until I read this, our cleaning staff makes notes and we try our very best to fix repairs when we know there is need. third of all, the bathroom has a powder room with carpet but the toilet and shower are separated with a pocket door.
Our goal is to each year see returning generation, after generation of families and see their expressions on all of our upgrades each and every year. Kindest Regards, Chieko

Reviewed May 30, 2017

This was a perfect place for a peaceful getaway. The lakeside cabin was a small 2 bedroom, quiet and good for our sightseeing purposes. I looked at two of the larger places suitable for large families or multiple families-lovely homes, essentially, with screened in porches and decks. This is popular with families who want to launch a boat and have a quieter part of the lake for water sports and fishing. The management is lovely and accommodating. I would definitely come back with more family members to one of the larger cabins so everyone could experience the Branson area as they wished.

Room tip: Management can recommend a space suitable for your group and what you plan to do in the area. They are available and helpful.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Chieko H, Owner at Green Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2017

Thanks for your nice comment.

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

I first stayed at Green Valley Resort over a decade ago on a family fishing trip. We enjoyed our first stay so much that we have returned numerous times over the years. We enjoy fishing Table Rock each spring and Green Valley has become a home away from home.
The rooms are always clean, the grounds well maintained and the staff extremely accommodating. Chieko and Amber always take care of us!

Date of stay: May 2017