“Well run facility with awesome guides and healthy horses.”

Uncle Ike's Trail Ride
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well run facility with awesome guides and healthy horses.”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Nice, shaded trail ride with lots of history. Kid friendly, patient, and experienced guides. We loved Taylor. Thank you Connie for sharing your horses.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Titanium2

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a great time at Uncle Ike's. Their horses were very good, and our kids did great in them! Very friendly staff & our tour guide was awesome too!!!

1 Thank Jamie B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Do not go here.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My daughter and I went horse back riding here. We are locals in Branson and live near their stable. First off, they were very rude to my children. As we got going, all of the sudden the horse started bucking with my 8 year old daughter on it. I freaked out and was terrified for her. They were quick to react but the owner was angry with me for getting off my horse to go help her. I got my daughter off the horse and left. Not worth your money or time folks!

Visited August 2012
13 Thank OliviaMahoney
Chicago, IL
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Strange regulations”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I wished to horseback ride. I searched 3 facilities, all of them stating 250 was the maximum poundage for the horse. I am very much under 250, however because my height did not fall into their standards I could not ride. The manager tried to tell us that the ratio of the stirrup length and fit of the riders legs around the body of the horse affects the balance of the weight on the horses' back, and that is why there were height/weight ratios. This made no sense. I have rode many horses and never put a strain on them because my legs weren't the right length for my weight. Strange place. We went down the road and found The Sheperd of the Hills Historic Homestead and Old Mill Theatre which had horse back riding. They also had a weight restriction of 250 and when I asked them about the height/weight ratio, they had no idea what the other facility was talking about. We went horseback riding and it was great.

9 Thank ILNan
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well cared for horses and interesting terrain”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Connie takes care of her horses and the weight / size limits are there for your safety and the horses'. She's all business, and that is not a bad thing. We rode Major and Dexter; and both were well fed, in very good condition and had agreeable personalities. Follow the guide's instructions and you will have a good ride. Among other instructions, they tell you not to let the horses eat and to generally keep a loose rein. Hills were not quite as steep as I expected, but you do need to lean accordingly. Trust your horse and listen to the guide. Sunlight dappled the trail through the leaves and Steve, our guide, filled us in on a bit of his life in the area. Walking horses everywhere sometimes stumble no matter how level the ground is. Horses will balance you and them without further trouble if you have a loose rein. Horses are smart and have individual personalities; they often appreciate neck rubs and pets. Uncle Ike's Trail Ride is a great way to tour and enjoy a bit of the steep Ozarks; as well as an opportunity to ride horses. The location is just a few minutes outside of town, near Silver Dollar City. Note that this is a very rural area and the outhouse facilities are outhouses; but they are available.

1 Thank Midwestraised