“Wonderful trip and terrific place to stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Branson West
Lakeside Resort Restaurant & General Store
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Branson West
Rockford, Michigan
“Wonderful trip and terrific place to stay”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Booked this place based on TA reviews - can only say Thank You to all who took the time to contribute their opinions!!
This was a trip for my husband's 60th birthday, and was all about fishing on Table Rock Lake. From the first time I contacted them, the Kettells were so gracious and welcoming. I found the reservation process easy and hassle free.
The property is well cared for and it is obvious that the family takes great pride in it. Our cabin (Trout Run) had it's own 2 person jacuzzi tub - and I highly recommend it! Long trip from Michigan and long days on the water made for sore, stiff muscles that were greatly soothed by that tub! We appreciated the fact that there were pots, pans, silverware, plates, etc., and all appliances worked perfectly. A charcoal grill also came in handy for those hot days. There was a nice wrap around deck and chairs and also a small screened in porch area which we did not use. We did use the free WiFi and the cable TV - which meant we got to keep up with our favorite shows.
The weather ranged from over 100 degrees to under 50 degrees so we had the opportunity to use both the air conditioning and heat - both of which worked exceptionally well!
I cannot review the resort pool/hot tub - those were closed during our stay.
However, I can review the Lowe's Bass boat the the dock. The Bass boat was a great value from our standpoint, came with a brand new trolling motor with foot control. There were also two Hummingbird GPS/Fishfinders. Large boat lockers were available to store our fishing supplies so we did not have to carry everything back and forth from our cabin. Rick supplied valuable information about places to fish and my husband was able to land some of those famed Table Rock bass.
Although it is really not a part of the resort, I absolutely loved the drive to the resort. It is about an 8 mile drive that twists and turns through some of the loveliest area I have ever seen. I suppose for some that road would be a negative - but for me it was a big plus. It meant we were not on some busy, noisy road, and lent a peaceful, quiet atmosphere to the resort that one closer to Branson would not have.
The Lakeside also boasts groceries and a small restaurant, and my husband became a regular consumer of their delicious chocolate malts.
This was a trip of a lifetime, and I am so pleased that it was spent with the Kettells, They are a gracious couple and we wish them all the best.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Tablerock64, Owner at Lakeside Resort Restaurant & General Store, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thanks Sandra for staying with us and for sharing your comments with others here on Trip Advisor. We sure enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to seeing everyone again when you travel South.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed July 24, 2011

The resort was immaculate and the owners really work hard to make your stay memorable. This is a very family friendly place and caters to the little ones. I would highly recommend this resort. We will definitely be making this our new favorite spot at the lake!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We have held a multi-family boating vacation at Lakeside resort for 4 years in a row, and enjoyed each year thoroughly. The Kettelles family (owner) are great hosts and go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. The boating access is great, with a modern dock in a sheltered cove and quick access to the Kimberling City marina area. The Kettelles have made significant improvements to the property each year so it just keeps getting better. The general store is a big plus, selling general food stuff and a delicious selection of quick restaurant foods (pizza, sandwiches, etc.) and snacks (ice cream, shakes, shaved ice, etc.) after a hot day on the lake.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Our family loved the resort and the kids want to go back next summer if not sooner. Very accomodating and clean. We loved being so near the water and having fishing, boating, water skiing, cliff jumping and tubing so close at hand. Have already recommended it to family and friends. Next summer alot more people want to come with us!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Tablerock64, Owner at Lakeside Resort Restaurant & General Store, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
So glad that you enjoyed your trip to Lakeside Resort. Thanks for your comments and for allowing us to meet everyone..
Westville, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed in Lake Home 15 which was a 2 minute walk from the lake. The home was clean and comfortable,easy to maintain. We were glad for the washer/dryer as we came home with clean clothes and kept up with everything while there. It has a nice wrap-around porch which I enjoyed in the mornings with my coffee, could see the lake through the trees and the area is quiet for relaxing and reading. My granddaughter,6, loved getting the spray-on tattoos, she came home with 6 of them...they are offered at the store for free but the artists(Kettell kids) work on tips and they did a good job and were fun to talk with. We rented a golf cart our last day and really enjoyed the use of it, we went to the lake on it but also just drove around Coney Island looking at all the houses and views. We all enjoyed swimming off the dock, 50 ft. of water so my grown sons and my granddaughter loved diving and cannonballing off the dock. We also had a picnic there the last day as there are picnic tables right on the dock. All in all, I would recommend Lakeside 100%, the family is very helpful if you have a question or a problem, the facility is wonderful. We will stay again.
My only disappointment was the hot tub was not running,found out they only run in the Spring/Fall so keep that in mind if you are renting a unit with hot tub. I didn't realize that but still loved the unit we rented.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk then rent one of the cabins as the homes are a little farther but not...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
So glad to hear that you enjoyed our new concrete boat dock with swimming platform.Thanks for your comments and we look forward to seeing everyone again soon.
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Eventhough the lake was extremely high, we had an awesome time. The weather was great, the fishing was pretty good, but best of all we met some new and dear friends. Rick and Stephanie go above and beyond to make your stay as pleasant and carefree as possible. The resort was peaceful and had a great boat dock to keep my boat. All your necessities are in their general store if you need anything at all. Plus, Rick keeps a hefty supply all the lures and bait the fish are biting on. This was our first of many more trips to this relaxing resort. I highly recommend them and know you will have as much fun as we did. Thanks again for such a wonderful and unforgettable place to spend our 5th anniversary. Craig and Michelle Edwards

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Tablerock64, Owner at Lakeside Resort Restaurant & General Store, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Wow it was so great to meet you guys and have you stay with us. Thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you and the boss again.
Urbandale, Iowa
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I can't say enough great things about Rick, Stephanie their family and their property. Everything exceeded our expectations. Rick and Stephanie make you feel like family, literally. They took care of my family and I better than the Ritz hotels I've stayed at. My kids can't wait to go back. They are great loving, humble, genuine people who have done a fantastic job and are truly serving a higher cause. Rick will give you all the information he can to make your visit a five star stay. Everything you need is available on site. They know everyone and will hook you up with the best of whatever type of activity you are looking for. It has been a blessing spending time at their property and knowing these folks. If you are considering Tablerock, STAY at Lakeside!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
It was so great to meet you and the family. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in October. Thanks so much for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branson West
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Golden Arrow Resort
Golden Arrow Resort
#44 of 140 in Branson

Been to Lakeside Resort Restaurant & General Store? Share your experiences!