“DONT DO IT. Terrible place to stay”

Quality Inn On the Strip
Ranked #69 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
“DONT DO IT. Terrible place to stay”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend of Aug 1 2013. It was terrible. First the hotel is outdated. It is very very old and extremely out of shape. The walls are very very thin. We were not able to sleep due to the baby crying in the room next to us and the people above us either having some sort of party or jumping off the bed onto the floor until 1 in the morning. When we called the hotel staff about the problem, the staff did not take any action. They did not call the room to ask them to be quiet or do anything about the complaint. We called the staff again and they became angry with us and told us that they cannot "guarantee" that a quest would be quiet. We finally had to call the police (who camped out across the street), since the hotel staff would not do anything. The indoor pool was green and cloudy. The outdoor pool had no way of entering unless you entered into the deep in using a ladder. For people who do not know how to swim, that is terrible. We had prepaid for the room 2 months prior, so the room was paid for when we checked in. Even thought the room was already paid for they still asked for my debt card and took $202.70 out of my checking account to pay for a room that was already paid for. When I called and asked the hotel about this, they were even more rude, I mean extremely room and said "This is what we always do". I am force to wait from 7 to 14 days to get the money back for a room that was already prepaid for. I will never stay there again. Very rude staff, very inadquate hotel. They are asking way to much for what the consumer will receive

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, at the end on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dianne B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Two pools and a great breakfast with hot cakes biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs. Right in the middle of the strip. Easy access to everything. Service is friendly always. The beds are not great but I've slept on worse. The price is very fair too. We love to walk up to Dairy Queen for a treat before we go to bed. Walmart is close by that' a plus as well. We've stayed here probably 8 times and loved it each time.

Room Tip: We always stay facing the outdoor pool. We love a late night swim. The ladies that get the breakfas...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paris, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My parents booked us here as a family of six with two rooms, for three nights/four days, based on their previous stay last year. I have to stay it was a good choice. The rooms were comfortable, clean, and smelled nice. I would also agree that it needs to be updated. The beds for me were great, I slept very well. Yesenia did a good job on cleaning the rooms. The only issue I had in the room was the TV service. I had to go through twice the amount of channels (as in there were two of each channel). We were in the section with the four stories, but had easy access to other sections like the pools and breakfast. I found the breakfast area uncommon as compared to other hotels because I had never seen a kitchen type of area attached to the buffet. I loved it. It had easy access to everything we wanted to eat. Eggs ham and cheese, plain eggs, biscuits & gravy, cereal, milk, juice coffee etc. The staff were super friendly, greeting people as they passed. The kids loved both pools as one was ten feet deep, and the other had the indoor hot tub. They would have stayed in the whole time if we would have let them. I found the hot tub to have too much chlorine as it stung my skin the first time I tried it. It was less and less the next time. The hotel itself was in a great spot on the strip, and had easy access to attractions in the area. Overall it was a good stay.

Room Tip: For views of the mountain side choose the backsides of the sections. We had 412 and 413, they had gr...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mississippi
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Our room was very clean although it needs updated. You can tell it's an old motel but offers clean rooms, hot breakfast, and friendly service at a great price. It was full the whole time we were here but always quiet.

• Stayed July 2013
Ravenna, Michigan, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The room was OK. It is a little outdated. The location is great as it is close to many attractions.
The free breakfast was very good. The cook pancakes fresh. The hotel also has 2 pools. We got a room in the back building which was good for a quiet nights sleep. But it did mean that we had to walk uphill to the main building for breakfast. We stayed 3 nights. Our room was serviced each day. It's an affordable hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the four-story building as the buildings were separated into three. The first building is where you check in and is where you go to breakfast. The second and third buildings are the guest room buildings. The second has an elevator and the third doesn't. The room was okay. Some rooms had HDTV's while some didn't. The bathrooms were outdated, and the beds weren't firm enough for my taste, but I did get a good night's sleep. The breakfast was very good, and the brochure ROOM had quite a selection! Overall, it was a good overnight place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great breakfast, two pools, pet-friendly, and comfortable. This hotel is close to many attractions. Some of the fixtures are a little run-down, but for the price, it's not distracting. We purchased tickets in the lobby and saved money on entrance to local attractions. WalMart is close by for supplies families may need.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family