“Disappointed”

Ranked #69 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Orlando, Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I made reservations a month ahead of time and the desk clerk had me totally sold on this motel. When I arrived, the desk clerk was more interested in getting the Christmas tree up then helping me.
I was promised a downstairs room near the indoor heated pool. We were given a 3rd floor room in the second building (there are 3 buildings). When I asked what happened to my 1st floor room near the pool, I was told that was all that was available.
I have a fear of heights and when I got off the elevator, I thought I was going to have to crawl to the room. It's high and looking out on hills and my stomache was flipping. Mad doesn't even begin to describe myself! On top of that, you could hear the people above us tromp all night.
The room was ok. Overall clean, but some mold in the bathroom. The bed was ok but nothing special. The swimming pool was in the building across the parking lot. It was too cold to run across the parking lot to get there let alone run back to your room wet in 50 degree weather, so we didn't even get to use it.
They did have a really good breakfast with eggs, biscuits n'gravy, cereals, pastries, juices, milk, coffee, etc.
Although this motel is in a good area with-in walking distance from gift shops, shows and restaurants, I was disappointed with the accomodations and don't plan on staying there next year.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Travelinggrandma001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Ellsworth, Kansas
Reviewed November 19, 2011

This was a great fairly inexpensive place to stay and located in the heart of Branson fun. The breakfast was great and the staff very friendly. I wil stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
Reviewed November 10, 2011

After MUCH deliberation about where to stay in Branson (and there are SOOO many choices!) I finally decided on the Quality Inn because the price was reasonable, they had a larger family style suite and they had a breakfast included. I was not disappointed!

We arrived about 10:30 pm after a long day at Silver Dollar City and check in literally took only 2 minutes! The room was right up front, close to the main building. The room was great - we had a family unit that had a king size bed and a seperate room with 2 doubles. I was pleased with the carpet and bedding, the dark wood headboards, and the walls were actually a sage green instead of institutional white. I was actually thinking they had just remodelled, but when I asked a staff person, they said they hadn't, so I thought they took really good care of their furnishings. The shower unit was totally new and not gross like a lot of hotel showers. I liked that there were actually two sinks (one by the bath and the other on a small counter with the fridge/microwave).

Beds were SUPER comfortable and breakfast the next day was awesome! HOMEMADE pancakes, biscuits and gravy, the dining area was very pretty with lots of tables and a nice fireplace, already decorated for Christmas. Two lovely ladies ran the kitchen and were very nice to talk with. Plus it's FREE so there is a cost savings on a meal.

Unfortunately, the walls are really thin and we were apparently on the other side of the ice machine because we heard people talking and getting ice a lot and in the mornings, and as people are walking by the window the suitcases rolled by VERY noisely, keeping me from sleeping in as long as I was hoping.

A few downsides: This is set up more like a "motel" with exterior doors. I do prefer interior hallways for safety reasons, however the exterior of the hotel was nice and clean. Also, I ended up booking through reservebranson.com because the ChoiceHotel website wouldn't allow me to book the type of room I wanted, thus I didn't get any reward points for staying there. Also, it's right on the strip which means traffic is horrible. Not their fault though.

Room Tip: If you have teenagers and or more than 3 "tween" kids, the famly suite with one king and t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Kansas City
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We just spent 3 nights at the Branson Quality Inn as part of a Silver Dollar City package deal. The rates were good, and we were specifically looking for indoor pool and free breakfast. We have 2 teenagers. The rooms were pretty nice with nice bedding and new-looking clean carpet. Shower head broke on us, but was fixed immediately!

Breakfast was fine, although typical midwestern heart-attack fare. Very little protein and almost everything was processed and full of sugar/carbs, but that's pretty typical at this kind of hotel. I guess it's what people want. The lobby also looked recently decorated and was nice.

The pool was warm and decent, but wow, what a lot of chlorine. Our eyes burned just sitting near it for 30 minutes and my daughter's hair is bleached after 3 swims! There was a laundry area that looked decent and the elevator worked well.

My only real complaint is the concrete outside hallways and stairwells were gross. It seems they have spent money to upgrade, but need to spend money on a power-washer for the stairs & halls. Also, there was broken furniture sort of shoved in corners under stairwells - looked kind of trashy. So as we were entering for the first time we were really unimpressed, but then it turned out to be okay in the rooms & lobby. Not a bad place to stay, but could use a little sprucing.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Reviewed September 12, 2011

For a fairly inexpensive hotel it was a great place! The room/bathrooms were clean, it was quiet and the location was fantastic! Definitely staying here next time.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank John D
Gardner, Kansas
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We actually stayed at this location twice in the month of June and loved it both times.
Being right there on the main drag in Branson was perfect as we could get around fairly easily with little worry of getting lost. Lots of activity for all ages there.
The hotel itself was well equipped with things like indoor/outdoor pools but could use a facelift. Very clean though.
The buffet was awesome, that is where they won my heart! Something there for everyone and a great free way to start a vacation day.
I'd stay there again, and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank a_butterfield
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed September 11, 2011

They said it was recently updated, but our room was dingy and smelled. The comforters looked like they hadn't been washed and the towels and bathroom had hair in them. When we called for a new room it took the 20mins to finally move us right next door and acted like we were putting THEM out. That room smelled better and the comforters looked cleaner. The indoor pool had rust running down the windows and their hottub is a joke. It's a hottub you would place in your backyard and looked like it was about to fall apart. I would not recommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Monica R

Travelers are raving about these Branson hotels