“Lantern Bay made Branson tolerable”

Villas at Lantern Bay
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Branson
Villas at Lantern Bay
Ranked #111 of 140 Hotels in Branson
NE, Arkansas
“Lantern Bay made Branson tolerable”
Reviewed June 18, 2008

I detest Branson. The only reason we were there was to get a much needed family vacation for cheap. I was really not looking forward to the trip. Branson is so cheesy and hokey and every time we have been there (we live only 3 hours away) we vow to never come back. But some how or another we wind up back there anyway.

The resort however was a great find!

The cons:
The pool is very small and the hot tub needed a good cleaning.
The mattress was a tad uncomfortable, but aren’t all mattress in condo’s or hotels?

The pros:
Washer and dryer in unit, Great location (right next door to silver dollar city), friendly staff, the unit was well appointed and very very clean, the balcony was very large (This was my favorite thing about the place) and we paid 295.00 for the unit (wholesale). Our unit was very close to the pool area.

If we have to go back to Branson we will stay here. It’s not on the strip (thank God) and the location is very peaceful and beautiful. We really enjoyed our family time in this resort and that made the whole trip worth it.

We did have some things stolen off our car while we were unloading our things. This isn’t the resorts fault. Just watch your things very carefully as I’m sure you do anywhere.

Also, if you get a chance you should visit Celebration City. It’s a smaller theme park. It opens at 3 and closes at 10. It’s 31 dollars for an adult and that includes admission one free meal and all your drinks. It’s a great bargain and the rides are pretty good. One word of warning – if you’re like us and hate cheesy style shows don’t stick around for the fireworks show at 10 in Celebration City. It’s just a few fireworks and the rest of time its a very annoying Branson style show.

Other members of my family went to White Water and said it was very good and of course silver dollar city is great.

Lantern Bay was everything we wanted and needed in a resort. Like I said – it’s the last place on our list of places to visit but I’m sure we will be back. When we come back we will stay here (Even if we don’t get it for 295.00).

Also about the review that stated the playground was unsafe and boring. Our Children loved it and were there a few times. It didn’t look unsafe to me. Maybe Lantern bay made changes to it? But honestly it was fine.

If you’re thinking about booking it go ahead. You will be happy with your choice.

• Liked — The balcony
  • Disliked — the need to make the pool area larger. Pool was TOOO small
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank eryngobra
GMichael311, Front Office Manager at Villas at Lantern Bay, responded to this review, February 29, 2016
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are glad to know that you had a great time and hope you will visit us again soon!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Michigan
Reviewed August 28, 2006

This property is a good choice for those willing to be "off the strip" of Branson, and closer to Table Rock Lake. Set on a steep hilside, the views are quite good of the lake and the surrounding slopes.

Our stay was an Interval International exchange (timeshare). Our family of 4 (two kids, ages 15 and 10) made the swap because Branson was a reasonable driving distance from home--flying gets expensive for four.

Our initial impression of Villas at Lantern Bay was a positive one. We have stayed in four timeshares now, and the 2-bedroom/2-bath w/sleeper unit appeared in good condition, was well-appointed with conveniences, had a nice balcony with a view, and overall, provided good comfort for all. It was decorated nicely, had all the kitchen appliances, dishes, cup and utensils we could ask for--even a gas grill on the balcony.

A couple areas for improvement: 1. Closer attention to cleaning the unit between stays. We found crackers under the couch, crumbs in the sleeper, and closet--no wonder there was roach and ant spray under the sink! 2. An active wasp nest was sharing our balcony experience, making us a little nervous at times. 3. The master bed was very soft, and we'd prefer it otherwise. Can't please everyone!

Aside from a couple of exterior lighting conditions that could have been easily remedied before arrival, we thought the unit was quite adequate.

The VLB has a decent pool, but for some odd reason, on a couple of nights, a foul septic-tank-like odor there was overwhelming. I don't know why. There is a trail to the lake, though we didn't take it. We did rent a boat at a marina (only 5 minutes away), and that was a big highlight of the trip. Also, the VLB is located just down (literally, down) the street from Silver Dollar City, an 1880's era theme park with some really diverse amusements for all ages (don't miss the cavern tour, and "Nitro" roller coaster). The front office of VLB also has movies you can watch; I think they may be free, not sure.

A Walmart is only 10 minutes away, as are most any other conveniences you could ask for. Branson is, by our experience, a truly "safe" and "friendly" place to take a family. Lots of shows, gift shops, gimmicks and hyperbole. It is a pure tourist Mecca, and you can drop some big coin trying to entertain the kids all week, but the simpler side of life there--the lakes, hills, winding roads (away from the strip)--are fun too.

• Liked — Proximity to theme park, lake.
  • Disliked — My bed was too sofft.
  • Tips/Secrets — Many ways to spend your money--stick to a budget!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
6 Thank Timetraveler626
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 26, 2005

Best place I ever stayed. Had everything from dishwashing detergent, to Kleenex's. Very clean, including the pool. Had washing machine and dryer in my unit, I would've paid extra for that! I didn't have to bring dirty clothes back home. Two bedrooms and two baths with fold out couch in living room accommodated my family of 6 just fine. I would definitely suggest this resort for anyone staying in Branson area. Was also close to the "yellow route", which was a quick and easy route most people didn't know about, and kept you out of the traffic on the main strip. My kids hated to leave!

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you Rebecca for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are glad to know that you had a great time and hope you will visit us again soon!
Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2004

My family just spent a wonderful week at Lantern Bay Resort, just outside Branson, MO. The condo we stayed in was very clean, spacious, comfortable and nicely appointed. We particularly appreciated the in-room washer and dryer which saved a lot of trips to the other laundry facility on-site.

Everything about this resort was provided as advertised and, I must say, they even exceeded our expectations. We had a nice view of Table Rock Lake, the resort pool was pleasant as was the hot tub. The rooms were in excellent condition and the initial presentation was great. The deck was huge, the beds were comfortable, etc.

And, the close proximity to Silver Dollar City was particularly convenient for us because we could easily come and go with a SDC season pass. Just be aware of the traffic congestion around SDC "incoming" between 9:30 AM and about 11:00 AM and "departing" from about 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM. Plan your travel accordingly and you'll have no problems.

All in all we had a great stay at Lantern Bay. And, as a bonus, we booked this trip through a travel club for considerably less per night than we typically spent on Branson area low- to mid-range motels with MUCH more to offer. I'm sure we'll continue to book this way in the future.

• Stayed August 2004
34 Thank ParkFoodGuy
Thank you Jon for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are glad to know that you had a great time and hope you will visit us again soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 3, 2003

I stayed here for 6 days with my family of four kids and four adults.
We were told that it had a playground, the playground was two swings on a board that my 7 year old did not feel safe on because it moved. We were told that it had laundry facility, so we packed accordingly, for the entire time we were there the laundry was shut down. The walking paths are basically the parking lot, the path to the water is overgrown with weeds and grass. I had to nail down boards on the third floor balcony so it was safer, I had to clean the air filter on the furnace so the air conditioner would somewhat work, it still would only cool to about 80 degrees. They over booked our room, it only allowed 6 we had 8, we were told this was against the fire code so they charged us 50 per the extra two people and overlooked the supposed fire code.

32 Thank A TripAdvisor Member