“Very comfortable”

Comfort Inn at Thousand Hills
Ranked #5 of 140 Hotels in Branson
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed 2 nights. Large comfortable rooms, friendly staff and good hotel breakfast with waffle bar and biscuits and gravy. King rooms are at the far end of the halls was the only downside. We'll stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Tod G, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Thousand Hills, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review! I appreciate your kind comments and I will certainly share this with our team members. Please come back and stay with us again on your next trip to Branson!

Tod G
Comfort Inn Thousand Hills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Bryant, Arkansas
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was our first time to stay at the comfort inn Thousand Hills, and we was very happy with our stay. The staff was very friendly, professional, respectful. We stayed 2 nights and had 2 rooms, each room was clean and had a cute little swan made out of a towel on one of the beds (that one my cousin over :) The breakfast each morning was great, hot food and a nice variety of options. They might want to get a bigger seating area is my only suggestion The pool room was very nice. overall we enjoyed our stay & will consider this choice property as an option next time we go to Branson.

Room Tip: If you have elderly with you, might want to call hotel & request close to the elevator. It is a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Thousand Hills for your lodging on your recent trip to Branson, Missouri. Our team members all work hard to ensure that our guests experience cleanliness, friendliness and safety in our hotel. We look forward to staying with us the next time you visit Branson.

Tod G
Tomah, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a very well maintained property with a staff that makes you feel like family. Its' location is just off the main Hwy 76, but close to everything. Beautiful area for walking, close to some good restaurants and the included breakfast is among the best we have seen. Reasonable prices and packages are available. We have stayed with them multiple times and will do so again. Very nice pool area also!!

Room Tip: Have never had a bad room, rear facing rooms overlook Golf Course.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott N
Tod G, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Thousand Hills, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Scott N

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Thousand Hills. We work very hard to take care of each guest so that they will enjoy their stay in Branson. I will pass along your comments to the staff. We look forward to you staying with us when you next visit Branson.

Tod Grisham
Davenport, Florida
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Another trip to Branson and another great stay at Comfort Inn at Thousand Hills. Been staying here on visits to Branson since 1996. This hotel is consistent with good service, friendly and helpful staff. It's almost like being at home.

• Stayed November 2013
Tod G, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Thousand Hills, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you cewy for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is the goal of every team member at Comfort Inn Thousand Hills to exceed the expectations of every guest. I am pleased to hear we met our goal on your recent visit. We would love to be here that you have been staying with us when you visit Branson since 1996. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you as our guest. Thank you for your kind comments, I am eager to share them with the rest of my team.
Lewsiville, TX
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was our second stay and it will not be the last. Location is convenient to the venues and restaurants on Rt. 76. It also offers easy access to Green Mountain Dr. that we use to avoid the traffic on Rt. 76. Our room was clean and large enough to meet our needs. Interior hallways made an easy trip to the pool especially now that the calendar is moving to the cooler weather of Fall. A hot breakfast of eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, cereals and fruit was just as good as it was on our last visit. Staff was friendly and helpful. The next time we need a place to stay in Branson we will return to the Comfort Inn at Thousand Hills.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tod G, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Thousand Hills, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
It was our pleasure having you stay with us. Thank you for the kind words you have shared. Our hotel staff looks forward you coming back and visiting Branson with us again.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I had initially planned to rate the hotel a 3 or 4 until Saturday when my opinion when downhill very quickly. When we first arrived, late on a Thursday evening (10/17), our experience was great. The hotel room and bathroom were both immaculate and well maintained, as is the entire hotel. I was thrilled to find our room did have a fridge/microwave (some sites do not state that, but the main website did) and that there is a full bathroom AND a separate sink area just outside the bathroom, so two people can get ready at once. The Breakfast Friday morning was wonderful, quite a variety and we sat by the windows overlooking the pool and had a peaceful, leisurely breakfast before heading out the the sites and when we returned that night, housekeeping had done a great job with our room. So, why my initial thought of 3 to 4 stars? Even as great as Thursday/Friday was, there were some things that were a problem. First, there was a rather bright street/security light right outside our window and the blackout shades only just cover the window so that bright orange light gets through the spaces between the window and curtain. I don't like it pitch dark in my room, and don't mind some soft lighting, but this illuminated the room way too much for my preference. The other major dislike, the water pressure, at least on the 4th floor. Its is quite low, low enough to add several additional minutes to showering to get shampoos washed out. Also note, while there is a heat lamp in the bathroom, there is no heat/air-conditioner vent in the room. I could have lived with those two annoyances....until Saturday/Sunday. Saturday morning we realized at breakfast the hotel was PACKED. There was at least one group staying there. The buffet area was packed and there was absolutely nowhere to sit. I asked the "gentleman" at the front desk if there was another place to sit. He glanced at a chart and said, "sorry, no...you can try to find another place to sit in the lobby, which was also filling up fast. In other words, sit on the couch or chair in the lobby and balance your meal on your knees. Another employee tried to intervene and mentioned a conference room, but apparently it was booked by the large group staying there. What made me mad was thee desk clerk didn't even try. He didn't try to go above and beyond and help, he just plastered this very fake patronizing, I'm Sorry expression on his face and went back to work. He told me they are remodeling in the winter to expand, like that was some sort of consolation, which at that moment I could have cared less. So my family (which included a young child) had to fill our plates up, wait a few minutes for the ONE elevator the hotel has (which as you can imagine was busy) and walk the whole way to the end of the FOURTH floor to our room. It was the same experience in the Breakfast room Sunday, except for even trying to ask a desk clerk for help. The room was packed and so was the buffet area. Another reason for the rating is Saturday's housekeeping...they didn't. They only made the beds, not neatly, and replaced towels. The floor needed swept and the table where we had to eat breakfast had not been wiped up. Noise became an issue too. For some reason our neighbors were hanging out near the door that connects the two rooms and we could hear them word for word. I don't know if the hotel was having and off day or I was, but I don't think I will chance it again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Comfort Inn Thousand Hills. Your comments are important to us regarding your past stay. I apologize for the inconveniences that you had during your stay. It is our desire to exceed all of our guest’s expectations and it appears we did not do that for you. I am sorry our hotel didn't exceed your expectations. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you directly to resolve your concerns. Your input will make us better.
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Booked through Myers hotels booking phone number 5 weeks in advance and they charged my whole stay immediately, this hotel has 4 award plaques hanging in lobby but I have never had such a bad hotel stay in my 65 years one day I had to go to front desk for toilet paper , two days later I had to go for it again along with cups and this is the most disturbing no bath towels were in the room, never would I have thought any hotel would be so lax in the housekeeping dept. upon checkout I could not even
Get a receipt because they billed my credit card when I booked, I'm pretty sure Choice hotels will screw me out of my points on this stay, I won't bother to detail the other shortcomings of the housekeeping, choice hotels seem to be on a downward course!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teamster671
Tod G, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Thousand Hills, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us regarding your past stay at Comfort Inn at Thousand Hills. I apologize for the inconveniences that you had during your stay. It is our desire to exceed all of our guest’s expectations and it appears we did not do that for you. I am sorry our hotel didn't exceed your expectations. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you directly to resolve your concerns. Your input will make us better.