“Extremely nice and helpful”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Branson
Ranked #33 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
“Extremely nice and helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Me my 13 year old daughter, her 13 year old friend and my 20 year old niece stayed at the Inn for 3 days. We made reservations online for one night because they did not have a room available for the other two nights. We arrived very late on a Friday night and got checked in....I told the person at the front desk that we would have to change hotels the next day because they had no rooms available. He told me he would check into it. I recieved a phone call the next morning telling me that they could go ahead and let me have the room for the other two days and that they had done some shifting around....made my whole day. With it being so late when we arrived there was not a close parking space and the person at the front desk was kind enough to move his vehichle and let me have his spot while he parked around back. AWSOME!!!!!! EVERYONE was kind and courteous the entire time we were there. The rooms were clean when we arrived and they did make sure to come in while we were out and clean as well. The hotel was located in a great location....very convienant to everything. I will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

Old and in need of an update. I stay here on business trips and even with all the tourist traffic, they always have time to help.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Southern Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stay frequently at hotels for business and leisure so I feel my perspective comes from experience. This Fairfield is slightly better than the average Fairfield. The room was clean and bed was comfy. Great location right off the strip. The room was sparse with amenities, however. Our standard room did not come with a fridge or microwave. :(
And the decorations seemed a bit "plain jane". Also, no fitness room (coming in a year says management). Breakfast was typical for Fairfield and room was kept clean. Overall, a positive experience.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Luv2explore72
HAZEL GREEN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

Friendly service, great price, great, breakfast. We had a great time at the pool and hot tub. Would stay there again.

O'Fallon, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

I booked a stay at this hotel for four nights through Marriott.com. I was taking a trip with my mother, who has had double knee replacements. Therefore, I requested a handicapped accessible room. I saw on the website that a handicapped accessible room could not be guaranteed, so, about a week before the stay, I called the property to make sure that this was available. Front desk staff said that it wouldn't be a problem.

Cut to day of arrival. We get to hotel. We're on the third floor. We go to the room. The bathroom gave new meaning to the term "water closet." It was by no means handicapped accessible.

I go back to the front desk, indicating that there was a problem because I requested a handicapped room, called to see if one was available, and was told it would be and now it wasn't.

The front desk staffer seemed overwhelmed because a tour bus arrived right before we did---I guess we know who took the handicapped room that *I* requested. He checked to see if another room was available, but never ONCE did he apologize for the misunderstanding--even when I said that now I'd have to drive all up and down Hwy. 76 to try and find another room to fit our needs.

I work in retail and this kind of treatment is unacceptable. You go above and beyond to make it right. This staffer, Chris, did not. He acted like he could really care less if I cancelled the reservation.

I've stayed at other Marriott properties in the region and enjoyed being there, but I'll never stay at this property. I'll give my money to the Best Western across the street, who was more than happy to go out of their way to help us.

Room Tip: I'd keep in mind that they cater to tour buses, do myself a favor and not go there. People off...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank larkspur725
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

We hesitated to come back (my kids complained last time), but the rate was good, we just needed a place to sleep, and the hotel is right by the theatre where we caught a show on Friday. We were more impressed this time. We were welcomed as Marriott Reward members and returning guests, and found a personalized welcome letter in the room along with a bottle of water and little packs of m&ms which my kids appreciated. All the room preferences in our Marriott profile were met, too, the room was nice and clean and the bathroom was noticeably spotless -- fresh caulk, etc. We only stayed one night, did not use the pool, and the hotel was not crowded, so we did not have a repeat of the last experiences. We were happy to discover that the sweetest breakfast attendant in the world was still there, too.
Also, it is handy to have a Walgreens next door in case you need or forget to pack something (which we always do).

Norman, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

My family and I stayed here for three nights. First night was fine and seemed like a nice hotel. Then we go out to enjoy the town and come back around 1030pm and our room was messy with only the beds made. No new shampoo or bathroom needs, no trash taken out, no vacuuming, dirty tub and toilet. We called the front desk and told them the state of the room and they said they were sorry and they would notify housekeeping and it will not happen again. We then asked for bathroom needs that we didn't get and they say they had no one extra on staff at that time to bring it to us that we would have to come get it ourselves at the front desk. We arrive at the front desk and there are two young ladies sitting there just shooting the breeze, makes me think if the statement no one available was true or not. Then out on the town a second day and come back to a room of the same terrible state as the night before but this time the beds are made with the same dirty linens that were sleep and ate in the night before with crumbs and stains still on the sheets and pillows. We called the front desk to tell them the state of the room and ask for someone to come up and make up our beds and clean our room but they stated no one was there that could do that and they could give us the linens to CLEAN OUR OWN ROOM AND MAKE OUR OWN BEDS. We showed the girl who brought our linens our room in its dirty state and she apologized and the front desk lady says she would leave a note for the manager. The assistant manager took our case over not letting us deal with the general manager. We were very unhappy how he handle our situation and how he told us one thing and then change his mind and decide to do something else. Then procedes to tell us to call Marriott Corp. and gives us the number to call. Then we were unhappy how Marriott Corp. decided to go with the hotel saying they are happy with how the hotel handled it and go with what they decide and sorry if this upsets us. I am a Elite Gold Member with Marriott and have worked for Marriott in my Past and I am totally shocked on all this and want to warn you this his how they treat me, How will they treat you? I recommend no one stay at this hotel!

2 Thank MHNOK