“Great rooms”

Hall of Fame Hotel
Ranked #96 of 133 Hotels in Branson
DeSoto, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2004

Our church group stayed in the hotel, November 8-11, 2004. The rooms had been remodeled with microwave and refrigerator in each. Very clean. They have new owners. Don't pay any attention to reviews earlier than June, 2004. Located in the center of Branson and near many shows.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Branson, MO
Reviewed November 10, 2004

This property was poorley owned in 2003. As the new owners we have tried to contact trip advisor is getting the year old reviews taken off this site, but have had no response. Please know that we have corrected all previous complaints and invite you to give us a try and form your own opinion. We know we can't please everyone but we guarantee you will have a clean, quiet, affordable room when you stay.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 8, 2004

I must admit that we were a little worried after reading the reviews on your site but we had already booked our rooms. Were we pleasantly surprised when we arrived. We stayed in the newer wing, and everything was great!!! Clean and quiet! My husband and I are VERY picky and we didn't have a complaint! So either they have done a complete upgrade or thoroughly cleaned up the problems!! I'd recommend it and would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2005
5  Thank Sports_Mom_08
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 12, 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Hall of Fame Hotel in early November 2003. We have 2 preschool age children and were really looking forward to getting away, just the 2 of us. I was concerned about staying at this hotel from the other reviews I read, but hoped maybe the other reviews were just done by people that were really picky. Plus we were assigned to stay there as part of a vacation ownership presentation deal so........we upgraded to a "condo" and lets say their idea of a condo and mine are definately 2 different things. This was an oversized hotel room with a kitchenette that I was afraid to use because of the uncleanliness, a very small bathroom and a most uncomfortable couch placed next to the bed that looked at a fireplace and a 19inch tv. The heat and air came from the same unit which was like a portable air conditioner/heater which smelled musty when the heat was on. The fireplace didn't work and after arguing with the girl at the front desk she sent up a maintenance man. After about 45 minutes he got the fireplace working and told me that he wasn't sure he'd beable to get it started that many of the fireplaces are old and need to be replaced.
The dishwasher in the kitchenette wasn't even connected and stuck out into the the walkway. The bathroom floor was linoleum and all discolored and peeling up. However the shower did have dual shower heads which was nice. The trim was missing from around the inside of the bathroom door and you could see all the dust and cobwebs built up in there. There was something pink on the wall above the toilet paper holder and we were scared at the thought of what it could be. If all of this wasn't enough, there was a nice size closet to put your clothes in, but of course there were no hangers in there. I wouldn't stay at this place again if it was free, but come on this is Branson there are plenty of other hotels to stay at that are cheaper and nicer. I'm grateful I didn't pay a dime for this place, yet at the same time I would of rather spent my own money and stayed somewhere respectable.
I'm not asking for a lot, just something clean and kept up. If you are looking for something clean and kept up as well, do not stay at Hall of Fame Hotel.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Memphis, TN
Reviewed October 21, 2003

Our room was filthy. Carpet was the dirtiest I have ever seen. Like another reviewer stated, the carpet would make your feet black. The room was not cleaned and beds were not made in the morning. Wash cloths were dirty. Grounds were in bad shape. Motel is very old. Sheets were torn. Hairdryer was not included in the room. I tried many times to call and confirm our reservation and calls were NEVER answered. I tried calling from our room several times to ask for additional towels, and again, calls were never answered. Styrofoam cups for coffee maker were not individually wrapped. Room was musty smelling. I would not advise anyone to stay at this motel.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed August 7, 2003

My husband and I are frequent visitors of Branson and we love the Hall of Fame. We were very surprised to read the bad reviews because we were just there on July 25, 2003 and had another wonderful stay. We enjoy the huge free breakfast, the quiet and very clean rooms, and the friendly staff. We have never been treated as well anywhere else except at the Hall of Fame. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone and everyone!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Conway, AR
Reviewed August 2, 2003

The hotel was booked for us by my parents-in-law. The bottom of my feet turned black from walking on the carpets barefoot. I wouldn't let my kids (4 and 1) play on the floor, inside! We all kept our shoes on inside the room. One saving grace is that hotel was built long ago so is sturdy and solid and blocks out outside and surrounding noise for a quiet night. That's VERY hard to find in the newly built hotels (even the pricey ones). The pillows on the bed were very comfortable and we did have a microwave, coffee pot, and mini-fridge. I just wish they'd CLEAN the carpets!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member