“Nice Stay...”

Ranked #85 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Como
“Nice Stay...”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

It's a nice hotel/motel. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We asked for more pillows and they were brought right away. One day we were late for breakfast and they opened the door back up to serve us. Staff is very friendly and the service is very good. If we ever go to Branson again, we would stay at the Hall of fame again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Burnsville, MN USA
Reviewed September 17, 2011

This is a great place to stay. The people are very friendly. It is an excellent value. Very good breakfast. Close to Charlie's which has excellent food and great specials.

Room Tip: Building C was great!
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank BillAndBeth1965
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Our family usually travels to Branson twice a year. Once for vacation, and again around Christmas to see the lights. We wouldnt DREAM of staying anywhere else but the Hall of Fame Hotel! We have been staying there forever, and they have became just like family to us. We ALWAYS can count on clean rooms, great service, and a peaceful nights sleep here. The staff always go out of their way to see to our every need. Since the motel is one of the older ones on the strip, it is well insulated and quiet, and sits back amid some nice shady trees. It is our home away from home. They always recognize us when we call to book our rooms, and even give us a discount for coming back and staying with them. The air conditioning is the best, & the rooms are large and comfortable.We have been staying there for the past 10 years and will never stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Lori or Freddie C
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I can't believe I am having to write this. I am not a negative person, at all. I hate reading negative reviews, and I am not getting any enjoyment from writing this one. Please do not stay at this hotel. I have NEVER in my ENTIRE LIFE had such a bad experience. Our first room was fine... the staff was not friendly while checking us in but they were not rude either. Our van broke down the evening we arrived, and even though we were supposed to depart the next day, the young lady at the front desk said we could stay a few hours later at no cost.

A few hours later, we received a call from the manager saying "Come get your stuff out of your room, right now". Yes, she said EXACTLY that. I didn't know who it was, or what they were even talking about at first. After I realized it was the hotel, I was like what in the world is going on? We were trying to get our car repaired, had no way to get back to the hotel. It was awful. I told her we would take another night, as the woman earlier told me to tell her by 1PM if we wanted another night - we told her at noon that we did. She said oh well, they overbooked, so there were NO open rooms for us. She said we needed to get our stuff out immediately.

It was 107 degrees out on this day, and I walked back to start packing our stuff. I was going to have to walk, with 3 kids in 107 degree heat, to another hotel. While I was packing, the manager came and told me I could stay in another room. I was so relieved, I almost hugged her - even though she had been so rude.

We moved everything to our new room, and just wanted to rest. The fold out couch was broken, so the kids had to sleep on the floor. No big deal, we were thankful to have a roof over our head at this point. Went to the bathroom and it was practically flooded. Apparently the toilet had a leak. The shower would not give us any hot water. When we called the front desk to let them know about the toilet and the couch, a DRUNK (yes drunk) maintenance man came to "fix" it. He tried to pull the couch out and almost fell over. He smelled like a bar. It was horrible. We told him to forget it, just so he would leave.

We thought everything was fine until this morning. I was called to the front desk last night at 8PM but I told them I would come up in the morning (it was for payment for the rest of our stay) because I was in my pajamas, putting my girls to bed. When I went up there this morning, the young girl at the front desk YELLED at us because the hotel received an email from a concerned friend that I had told about our experience. She slammed the paper down on the table (the printed out email) and started yelling about how her other customers bought her expensive jewelry because she's so great, but here we are complaining about them.

I apologized, I said I did not email them or tell anyone to, and it was a misunderstanding. She yelled some more and told us to GET OUT. I told her I just wanted to pay for our room and go get breakfast. She continued to YELL until I told her to get her manager. Manager showed up and took my payment. She wasn't quite as rude as she was before, she just said she didn't appreciate being contacted by others on my behalf. I told her again that I did not tell anyone to contact them, it was obviously just a concerned friend because our experience was so bad.

Please NEVER stay at this hotel, it really is HELL ON EARTH. I have never had such a bad experience in my life. Not only is the hotel room nasty, musty, and leaky, the customer service is HORRIBLE! I will be warning EVERYONE about this place!! Go a few doors down and get a cheaper hotel with better customer service, I guarantee it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
17 Thank sl4985

Travelers are raving about these Branson hotels

Dodge City, Kansas
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We checked in on a Sunday night and had planned to stay for a few days, but our room didn't have a fridge or microwave. They moved us to a different room the next day that suited us. Beds were surprisingly comfortable. Ancient tv. Bathroom was decent. Plenty of hot water. AC was cold, which was a must since it was like Africa hot in Branson our whole stay. The soda machine on our floor took our money. The room wasn't fancy, but it was clean. You want fancy...stay at the Hilton. You want some place to sleep while between running around town then stay some place affordable. The only real negative I give this place was the pool. On Monday the pool was closed because the staff had to "shock" the pool to kill off something in the water. Other than that the pool was great. This is an average motel with average amenities. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank obijuana
Paragould
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We booked our stay the night before and this was the first rooms we found after searching for a few hours. While it was clean , this is an older motel and the staff acted as if they could care less. It's not like anyone wasn't doing their jobs , it's just that only one worker even talked to us for any reason. That included check-in when the lady didn't say a single word while checking us in. Back to the motel. Room is typical older motel room style. Air worked great ! ( Very hot here in July) Only extra in room is small blow dryer. No fridge , ironing board , safe. Small TV. Pool was nice and kept clean. They provide a hot breakfast that is actually very good (and has the one very nice worker). Overall I'd say the motel was adequate for a short stay but there are better options if you plan ahead. Best thing about this motel is that it's next door to Charlie's Steak and Ale , the best place in Branson !

Room Tip: Search for rooms online in advance , but , only to get hotel names. Call them yourself for better de...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I'm not really sure why anyone would give this place a bad review. The rate was super cheap. 2 nights for under $100.00 and we were told that if we stayed longer the rate would be even cheaper. Great customer service, very friendly! The rooms were very spacious and clean. Much larger than the chain hotels. The TV was a little small, but we don't watch a lot of TV on vacation, so who cares. It was color, had a remote control, and cable; who needs more? It was HOT outside being July, but the air conditioner worked great and the room stayed nice and cool the whole time. The pool was one of the best I have used as far as hotels go. It was Private (off the road), had perfect water temp., very clean, and big! They provided nice shampoo and conditioner, coffee maker in room, and free continental breakfast. The location is great with a restaurant and bar attached ("Charlie's", the food and drinks were wonderful!) and walking distance to all kinds of places to eat and drink (adult beverages too!). Right across the street from the wax museum and walking distance to several other attractions including the Titanic. Pet friendly for a one time fee of $25.00 per stay (not per dog not per night. yay!). We took our two mutts and they had a great time walking the strip and had plenty of well-lit grassy walk-ways on the hotel's grounds to use the restroom. Again, not sure why anyone would give this place a bad review. For the money, I don't think it can be beat.

Room Tip: We got a cheaper rate when we called vs. online.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family