“Decent holiday stay.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Branson
Ranked #33 of 133 Hotels in Branson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We stayed for three nights the week before Christmas. This hotel used to be the Holiday Inn Express several years ago. The hotel staff was extremely friendly. The hotel was not crowded as it was the off season. I was not impressed with the price. I had booked a two night stay in which I was given an online discount (from the hotels website) of 51.00 per night for staying two or more nights. A single night was about 69.00. We decided to arrive one night early. They would not give me the two or more night rate as it was a different reservation. The clerk did give me the AAA discount though.

The lobby was clean, our room was on the third floor. The hotel has 5 floors. There was only one elevator but it was quick. Upon entering the room, it was very clean. We walked around in socks, and they did not turn black so the carpet was clean. The flat screen LCD tv's were a nice touch with full cable and a lot of channels. I did use the WIFI and it worked good and fast. Our room faced away from the highway so there was no traffic noise. The heater was a little bit louder than I was used too. Also you could hear the foot traffic in the hallway a bit more than some other places. The beds were comfy and came with 4 pillows each. The bathroom was clean and had a jet tub. However, I am 6'0 tall and I could easily touch the ceiling with my hands. The shower nozzle would be lower than most but I made do with it. The water pressure was good but the water temp was not consistant. I like hot water but out of nowhere the water turned extremely hot and then went back to where I had it set. I noticed it did this the next day as well. So be careful with that.

The continental breakfast included dry cereal, breads, fruits, and waffles and slices of french toast to be put in the toaster. I had the french toast each day. There was also apple and orange juice and even hot cocoa which my daughter loved. Yea it was free so it was good for me.

There was also an indoor pool and indoor hot tub. We did not use it but it looked clean and there were guests using it each time we passed by it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,151)

Reviewed December 7, 2010

If you are looking for a spot near Branson Landing and downtown Branson and don't want to pay the high rates at the Hilton, the Baymont Inn is your best option. It is not within walking distance like the Best Western, but from what I could tell it is a nicer place to stay and still just a very short drive away. The rooms seemed newly updated and designed nicely, and they were very clean. Room also had a flat-screen television in it. I got a great rate by paying when I reserved the room (which means no cancellations).

Complaints: The water in the shower on Sunday morning only got to the "tolerable" range, and the TV in the free breakfast room was blaring that offensive Fox News nonsense.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2010

My wife and I spent two night at the Baymont Inn this week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The king room was clean and large. The breakfast room was well stocked by the friendly hostess Mary. I have paid more for much less in Branson. Conveniently located only a block west of Hwy 65. NOTE - park in the small lot above the Baymont if possible for easy access.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Need to keep up with repairs. Saw too many animals using hotel while I was there. Beds are very comfortable, and breakfast is very appealing.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Although this was not our first choice in Branson, a veterans event created a shortage of rooms in Branson so we took a chance. Overall, it was a good experience - not great, but acceptable. Although the Whirlpool in the room was nice, the shower was extremely small and cramped. I'm only 6 foot tall, but it was a real challenge to wash my hair as the shower head was probably 5 feet off the floor. The staff was generally nice, although I did hear the front desk clerk snap at someone on the phone that "that rate is only good on the internet." That was probably company policy, but the tone was not very friendly. If you stay here, do request a rtoom on the back of the hotel as the hotel is next to the main highway through town.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Me and husband stayed overnight here last weekend. The hotel was very clean but was not as new as I had hoped. The room are decorated very nice. But we got a jacuzzi tub suite and it was cramped, and when we first walked in smelled like rubbing alcohol.?? But we figured it was just from the cleaning.(?) And we got used to the smell. Overall it was a nice place to stay, it is in a bad location for traffic and such but the hotel was clean and the staff friendly.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Most impressed with the people from the manager to the desk folks to Mary and others who handles the breakfast. If you desire a large, traditional breakfast, Bob Evans is across the street. Our group was happy with the continental options. Handy location at the south end of the strip near Branson Landing. Our priorities for hotels are: clean, good food, and friendly individuals working. We did not have 1 gripe for our 3 night stay with 35 senior adults. Many compliments on the beds and how comfortable they were. Flat screen televisions were nice touch. From the look, thought it was a brand new hotel. Very clean! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2010