“One of my favorites”

Baymont Inn & Suites Branson
Ranked #34 of 133 Hotels in Branson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Only think I don't like about this place is that there isn't a conference or lobby room to just lounge and talk on the phone. If you are with friends or family you can't really go anywhere for privacy outside of the room. The rooms are always clean and I've stayed here 4+ times randomly in the past two months. One of the lobbyists is a little grouchy in the morning. Other than her (and I don't recall her name), staff is friendly, rooms are clean, hot tub is perfect, and the personal bathtub with jets is a cherry on top. MAKE SURE YOU FILL WATER COMPLETELY BEFORE YOU TURN THE JETS ON! :) They should put that in bold! It's in fine print on the knob to turn it on.

Stayed: July 2014
Baymont76, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Branson, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for your continued loyalty and for choosing the Branson Baymont. I know there are a lot of hotels to choose from in Branson and I am pleased you continue to choose us! I was pleased to read that you enjoy your room and the Jacuzzi tub! Thanks for the suggestion regarding the warning to ensure the tub is full before turning the jets on. I will definitely take that into consideration.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Branson Baymont on your next visit!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Not bad at all.....Breakfast was very nice with actual "hot" food. Quiet at night despite being on a busy street. No Exhaust Fans in the bathrooms so steamed up quite a bit after showers. But over-all....we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry A
Baymont76, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Branson, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate your feedback and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We have made a lot of positive changes with our offerings, so I appreciate your comments!

We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Branson!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Easy location to get back on 65 and 76 Highways, as well as easy access to the old downtown and Branson Landing. The lady checking us in upon our arrival, seemed to be one of those people that only smiled when she had to. But we were checked in and given our room. My Mother was certain that the pillow cases had not been changed. But I believe they were just old and were showing their wear. They appeared clean to me. We decided to go for a swim and found the pool area to be nice with plenty of chairs and tables to accommodate everyone. To access the pool you have to go to the end of the hall on the first floor and take the stairs down to the lower level. Once you open that door, even though the pool is a floor away and you have to go through another door, you can smell the chemicals. Once you open the door they will almost knock you out it is so strong. I actually sat in my chair for a bit wondering if they had anyone ever pass out from the fumes of the chemicals. The water appeared very clean in both the pool and the hot tub. But once you got in you could see the tiles along the wall were dirty. They only cleaning this pool had received was the usual vacuuming and brushing. It appears no one has ever taken the time to actually scrub the sides of the pool. After swimming we all decided to take our showers. My Mother immediately gave a warning that the tub was very slick. Almost as if someone had used baby oil in it and it had not been cleaned afterwards. She wiped it out, and my 11 year daughter then decided to take her shower. She not only slipped she actually fell in the shower it was still so slick. We were afraid to let my Father take a shower. After we cleaned it ourselves. I took my shower and realized that I believe it was due to the great soft water they had there and the soap. The shower wasn't slick when I went in, but as soon as I had lathered up the tub got slick and I slipped and I almost fell myself. So word of caution, put a hand towel or something in the tub and stand on it. That is what we did when my Father took a shower. Note our room even had a Jacuzzi tub. I was so excited I wanted to use it. Especially after our first night when I woke up with a very stiff back. From the no so great beds and pillows. But guess what the jets did not work. I quickly realized I don't think they have worked for a long time after I took a look at the jets. They appear to not have been used in awhile. As for breakfast, Monday was very lacking. There was cereal, and waffles. They were out of toast and no boiled eggs. There was yogurt and bagels and doughnut holes. On Tuesday I learned from the woman who takes care of the breakfast that they only have eggs and sausage every other day and then biscuts and gravy on Sundays. I tried a waffle the second morning even with spray it stuck. The coffee was great and they had cocoa and tea as well as juice. The carpets in the halls and the elevator hadn't been cleaned in awhile but the room carpets were clean. The elevator was slow and a couple times we didn't want to ride it for fear of the noise it was making. But it never broke down on us. :) There is plenty of parking on the east side of the hotel But if you travel with the elderly you need try to get a spot on the west side that way they don't have to walk up the stairs in the lot. Although on this side of the building you will most likely see the employee's outside smoking and grilling. Overall it wasn't a bad experience and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Try to park on the west side of the building, very limited parking there though. But easy access and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Baymont76, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Branson, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for letting me know about the slick tubs. We will look into this immediately! I apologize if the smell of the pool chemicals was strong and overbearing. I will talk with our Chief Engineer about this. I appreciate all your comments regarding all aspects of the hotel and will forward your comments to all departments.

We hope you will give the Branson Baymont another opportunity to earn your loyalty. We pride ourselves on the level of service we provide and I want you to experience this first hand.

Reviewed July 13, 2014