“New updates, good breakfast, a few minor issues.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Branson
Ranked #34 of 140 Hotels in Branson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Springfield, Missouri, USA
“New updates, good breakfast, a few minor issues.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Found a great rate on this 2 star in Branson. Location was good, near Hwy 65, right on the strip, and just down the street from the Landing. When we got to the hotel, we checked in with David, who was very friendly our two nights there. Check-in was fast. However, when we got up to the room we noticed a strange smell right away. It wasn't overpowering, but still very noticeable, so much so that we didn't want to stay in that room for 2 nights. We called down to David, and he got us another room, which was much better. Rooms were nice, seemed recently updated. However, as a review before mentions, the showers are very small. Not what you would normally get at a hotel. But, all was clean and comfortable. Besides the shower, our only other concern was the TV in the room, which had horrible signal. We lost signal every few mintues sometimes, and at first we were not even able to get the tv to turn on. Not wanting to move again, I pulled the dresser out and unpluggd the tv, and plugged in back in myself, which seemed to fix the problem. But the reception was still bad, which was frustrating.
Didn't use the pool, but it seemed nice for kids. Fitness room was small but sufficent for running/walking. No weights or anything.
Breakfast was good. Hard-boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, fruit, cereal, juice, etc.
Because of our issues with the first room, the shower, and the tv, I'm just giving an average rating. But the service was great, rooms were clean, location was good, and the value was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
North Platte, Nebraska
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The shower was horrible. I am a 5ft. 7in. tall 150lb. female (small frame) and this shower was so small I could not wash my hair, I could not bend over, I couldn't even reach my legs to shave. My husband being larger than myself at 235lbs. his shoulders touched each wall. The shower head was so short he and myself had to try to bend down to rinse our hair, (couldn't really bend so had to finish in the bathroom sink). It was the WORST shower I have ever seen!!! The window in the room did not open. The air conditioner did not work and the condensor leaked so the carpet on that side of the bed was soaking wet.
The only nice thing we liked were the people who worked there were very nice, and they had rooms that allowed pets ( but ours was made an exception since they typically only allow dogs 30lbs or less - our pet is 60lbs.).

Room Tip: View the room before purchasing. You are allowed to see the rooms before you agree to stay there.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The room was very clean, we stayed on the 5th floor, and loved the Jacuzzi! The staff was great! The two lovely ladies cleaning our room were very friendly and helped us with our needs, was very shocked of how great our room was clean for being a stay over. The ladies were very cheerful, and well presented hope we weren't to much of a burden.
Breakfast was very good, nice and clean area. Location was great, and would defiantly come back!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed while conducting business at the Bull Shoals Field Station. First time to Branson; what an eye-opener! Hotel located pretty much at the southern end of the Strip so it was convenient to both the strip attractions and Branson Landing downtown by the river. Overall nice clean room, nothing real fancy except I had a King room which came with a Jacuzzi which I did not use because it was very hot (103+) when I was there. Room was clean, modern and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful, especially with directing me around bad traffic spots and to local (non-chain) places to eat. Exercise room and pool were quite modest. Breakfast was the standard fare continental with the exception of a can of whipped cream and some strawberries with heavy syrup by the waffle machine; this made them into "Belgian Waffles". After my 1st morning I just took advantage of the many fine breakfast buffets available on the Strip. Worst part about the experience was getting on and off the property. It is on a busy road and you had to be very aggressive to get out and turn left without getting creamed. Overall I recommend this property

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side away from the Strip traffic
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed here in July of 2012 as a small getaway with a couple of friends. The location is quite nice, being right off of 65. When we arrived in our room I noticed it was nicely updated, but quickly noticed some issues. The bedding on our beds had some stains, the wallpaper in our room above one of the beds appeared to already be pealing off, and the air conditioner would not stay running longer then 5 minutes before shutting off. After checking in we left and arrived back at the hotel around 11 P.M., when I entered the lobby I was greeted by an older gentleman and I asked if we could have some extra pillows and blankets for our room. I was told by him that I was in "luck" and that he only had one pillow left and hardly any blankets. I have never stayed at a hotel that ran out of pillows and blankets and I was left kind of baffled. The next day the water was shut off at the hotel for around two hours due to a washing machine being broken, which was kind of inconvenient. Upon checkout on the third day, I had to use the stairs to go and fetch the elevator as it kept skipping our floor. The biggest problem overall was the speed of the elevator, it was extremely slow and it was always faster to take the stairs; that felt as if they were not air conditioned.

Room Tip: Request a room on a lower floor or else you will be waiting all day for the elevator!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Baymont76, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Branson, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Doug Foreman, GM - I apologize for the issues you had in your room with the bedding and wallpaper. I also apologize about the water being shut off for two hours, but that was not due to a broken washer, but the city installing new water meters. We unfortunately did not have any notice that they were going to be doing that work. I trust the rest of your stay was enjoyable and we hope to serve you again. We strive to provide clean and comfortable rooms followed up by excellent guest service!
Van Buren, Arkansas
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The hotel is a older one but a wonderful location. Rooms were updated and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great on the weekend, during the week it was lacking a lot. Pool was disapointing. Small maybe 12 people max and no hot tub (due to a crack). Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
missouri
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We only stayed one night, but had a great experience. It was my husband, myself and our 2 children. Our room was clean. You can tell it is an older hotel, but they've done a lot of rennovations. This hotel used to be a Holiday Inn Express. The kids loved the pool.
The best part is how friendly the entire staff was. At checkin, the front desk attendant introduced himself by name and told us he would be there all night.
The servers at breakfast in the morning were also very friendly and accomadating.
We all had a good night's sleep, and great breakfast the next morning. Definately will be going back to the Baymont!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family