“Good Place to Stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites Branson
Ranked #36 of 139 Hotels in Branson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Very convenient location, close to highway, on the strip - but at beginning not in middle of strip - easy to find. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Good breakfast (including waffles, not frozen biscuits). Enjoyed pool, exercise room, and use of internet. Evening clerk gave us good recommendations on restaurants. Only problem was the card keys are VERY sensitive and everytime we tried to get into room, we had to struggle to get either of our keys to work! Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Save at least $15 per night by booking online.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thanks135
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Branson

Reviewed April 9, 2012

This is a great place to stay. We have stayed there the last five times we have been to Branson. Hotel has a little age to it, but is clean and the staff has alway been helpful and friendly! We have a family with kids 5 and 3. They love the swimming pool and hot tub. The last time we stayed was great except that the hot tub was closed and boarded over. Would love to continue staying here but will definitely check on the status of the hot tub prior to booking. Also the room came with jet bath tub, but there was a hole in the tub that had been poorly patched and had cracked back through the patch so that you could not fill the tub very high to use the jets. With two little ones a hot tub or at least a jet tub are a must!

Of all the times we have stayed we have never had any problems with anything being broken or not working until now. Hopefully they get these fixed, so we can continue to stay here.

Overall I would rate this hotel as a great place to stay, provided they make a few fixes and updates!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My family of 4 stayed 4 nights here and it was lovely. Great price, Nicely decorated, comfy beds, nice pool, good breakfast, friendly staff and perfect location. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel for a nice grassy view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed here in March of 2012 for business, just a quick, one-night stay. The location is really easy to find and is convenient, close to the highway and near the Downtown area and the Branson Landing. Although it is technically on the Branson Strip, it's fairly far from where the tourist attractions are.

Check-in was quick, the older lady was very friendly and even offered good advice on a little pizza place that was very good. I went up to my room and noticed that the elevator (only one) was fairly old and was not kept up. When I gotto my floor, I noticed scuffs up and down the hallway walls, which was surprising since the carpeting looked fairly new. I got to my room, and noticed some newer furniture and a nice TV.

So far, so good. Looking in the bathroom, the spa tub from the 1980's stuck out like a sore thumb. New sink, new tile, but old tub, and the jetted tub didn't work - where the controls were supposed to be, only a blank wall plate. Oh well, no spa tub for me. But what that did is leave a small, outdated tub.

The room was warm, so I turned the A/C on. It ran for a few minutes, then quit. Seems that the AC units cycle off a bit. I turned the fan on, lowered the thermostat to 65, but it still seemed to be on some kind of timer? I'm glad it wasn't August...

The room itself was very nice, with newer carpeting and furniture. TV reception was pretty bad, though - I kept losing the TV signal. Wifi worked pretty well.

A while later, I noticed I had forgotten shaving cream and a comb. Well, with the standard "Forgot Something?" sign in the bathroom offering compimentary toiletries, I called the front desk. Comb was a go, but the younger lady informed me they didn't have any shaving cream, but conditioner works well. No thanks. What bugged me here is that she told me "if you want one (comb), come down and get one.". I headed down, wondering why someone couldn't bring one up, when I discoved the clerk (a different gal than earlier) chatting with friends and eating her dinner. Ah, customer service at its best.

What really caused the review to be marginal is the breakfast offered. The standard waffle maker and continental fare was laid out and looked good (in addition to biscuits and gravy), but after cooking my waffle and dishing out a biscuit and gravy, they tasted awful. I don't know how you can mess up waffle batter, but they did. The gravy tasted off as well, all confirmed with a travel companion I was with. I only ate a couple of bites before throwing away my plate and heading to McDonald's down the street. Very disappointing breakfast, and not a good way to start the morning before my business day started.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank ROBnMO
Baymont76, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Branson, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites and for taking the time to complete this review. I apologize that you had a few issues during your recent stay. I am sorry that we did not have shaving cream available and that you had to come to the Front Desk to pick up your comb. We had recently run out of shaving cream, but we do have it available now. I apologize if you found the breakfast to be disappointing. We try to provide a good variety of hot waffles, French toast, cereals, bagels, muffins, donuts, hard boiled eggs, orange and apple juice and coffee. Once again, thank you for your recent stay and for your feedback. We pride ourselves on the level of service we provide and I am sorry if you did not get to experience that first hand.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

When first entered the room the air dust work. Called front desk and person came up. She opened the front and said you had to massage the sensor. Went to eat and came back. Air was not working again. Spent the entire night massaging the sensor so the air would run 10 minutes and need to be reset again. Called desk at 1:30 to see if we could move to another room. No more rooms available. If the air isn't on the road noise is very loud. Not a good experience for us

• Stayed: March 2012
Baymont76, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Branson, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Doug Foreman, GM - I apologize if you had any issues with the A/C unit. In your room. Please note that the only way the unit will stay on all the time is if the fan is on. All our A/C units are less than 3 years old and we have never had an issue before. Thank you for your comments and I hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Our basketball team (Davenport University) stayed here for 8 nights. The service that was provided was fantastic! We were greeted upon entrance with a smile and a warm welcoming every time. The continental breakfast in the morning was always up and running with an employee servicing each station every 5 minutes. The hotel was very clean, and the maids were very professional and did not relocate any personal items to clean. As we have had issues with past hotels and items have either come up misplaced. The location of this hotel was exceptional also! We were able to access the strip quickly, but also jump on the highway in seconds! I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Branson area!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We had booked four nights here for a vacation and found that we needed to change hotels because of the amenities. My kids were set on playing in the pool and hot tub, but we found the hot tub was broken and boarded over and the pool was terribly cold and dirty. My kids were so upset. Overall the hotel was clean and decent and the staff was nice, but the pool needs to be kept up or not advertised. I was also disappointed in the location, definitely not a location for walking or riding bikes to destinations.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Baymont76, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Branson, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Doug Foreman, GM - I apologize that you had a problem with the pool and hot tub. We have had it noted on our website that our hot tub is down for maintenance. As for the temperature of the pool, we keep it between 78 and 80 degrees at all times. Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on the level of service we provide and I am sorry you were disappointed in your recent stay.