“Very clean, good value for money”

Honeysuckle Inn and Conference Center
Ranked #52 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Jonesboro, AR
“Very clean, good value for money”
Reviewed December 11, 2008

Okay, so I'm usually a hotel snob but since Branson doesn't have a lot of high end hotels and we were looking to save money we thought we'd try the Honeysuckle Inn. What a pleasant surprise! Normally I would never stay at a "motel" with outside doors but since Branson is such a safe and family friendly town I thought it would be okay. Not only was check in a breeze with two very nice gentlemen taking care of me, the room was as clean as a pin! Don't get me wrong....this is no luxury hotel here but if you are looking for a safe, very clean, and cost effective hotel in a great location this is it! The beds were comfortable and the staff was very nice. The indoor pool was nice but a bit small once it got full of kids. The free breakfast was adequate and there is also a "pay for it" breakfast option which was $6 for adults and $4 for kids. I did not think it was worth the $6 so I went with the free continental breakfast on day two. I would definitely stay here again!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Towels
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2008

The Honeysuckle looks like a typical 2 star motel from the street. Don't be fooled! Once you get past the clean, newly sided exterior, the rooms rate a 1 star or less. My room's decor was right out of the 1960's. The mattress was terrible and so were the pillows and old sheets. My air window air conditioner was so loud I couldn't hear the audio from the little 15 inch TV.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed July 16, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for three days. We had a great time. The rooms where clean and quite. The kids 10 and 9 years-old loved the pools. We are already planing another trip next year and will be staying here.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Cumbria, England
Reviewed June 18, 2008

My boyfriends brother lives in Branson and was getting married so both he and myself and 11 others flew out from England for the wedding. The brides family had sorted out in advance that we would stay in The Honeysuckle Inn. When we arrived it was about 11pm and the man on the desk did take quite some time to process our payments for the rooms and seemed to get quite confused but we were just happy to finally be there after such a long flight (16 hrs!) I am pleased to say that our rooms and bathroom were very clean and tidy (something I was worried about after reading some of the above reviews before I left) I particularly enjoyed the power shower and the hairdryer was great! There was a note you could leave on your bed if you wished your sheets to be changed and a magazine about things you could do on your trip. Every day we had fresh clean towels delivered and our bins emptied. The pool was fab! It was really good weather and was just what I needed after a day in the sun! All in all, I couldnt fault the hotel and would definitely stay there again in the future!

• Liked — The hairdryer! It dried my hair in like 2 seconds!
  • Disliked — That there was no internet connection and that you had to try and connect to the hotel accross the roads if you wanted to get online!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed April 29, 2008

About on par with a decent Days Inn. Cheap furniture and a cheezy attempt at looking quaint with lace curtains and colored sheets. Rates were decent for the midweek off season time that we were there. The most frustrasting thing was that the internet was down for the full 2 days we were there. I repeatedly called and visited the office to be repeatedly told it will be just a little longer until it's fixed. Since I have to work while away from the office I had to go across the street and use the internet at the Comfort Inn.
Morning Continental breafast which was included consisted of ONLY coffee, juice and 3 types of dry cereal. If you wanted anything more it was available but for extra cost. The breakfast room resembled a sterile cafeteria at an old folks home, but then I think that's the customer base at this place.

• Liked — Location, clean
  • Disliked — Being put off by management regarding unworking internet
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Conway, AR
Reviewed September 27, 2007

My husband and I decided on a last minute trip to Branson. Having been to the city numerous times we decided to stay at the Honeysuckle Inn because of the cute exterior and location of the property. That is ABSOLUTELY all this hotel has going for them. I called and made reservations over the phone. The lady I spoke with didn't say anything about check in times. We arrived around 9 AM and were promptly told that we were "very early." The woman at the check in desk felt it necessary to state that over and over again. We got into our room and found it to be mediocre at best. The beds were uncomfortable and the bathroom was tiny. To top off our vacation, on our last evening there, my husband had to kill a large black widow spider that was crawling across the bathroom door (and yes we are sure that it was a black widow). He called the front desk to tell them and the lady that answered didn't seem to be concerned or surprised with the information.

We will be returning to Branson......but will definitely not be staying at the Honeysuckle or recommending it to anyone!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — rude staff
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
spokane,MO
Reviewed August 3, 2007

I stayed here with my wife and kids for one night. The staff was friendly, but after returning from an evening in Branson, the temperture in our room had climbed to about 85 degrees. The kids were tired and we put them to bed while I adjusted the thermostat. It was turned down as cold as it would go, and it was barely blowing any cold air. We tried to sleep, but it was too hot. My wife was going to call the front desk, but the phone didn't work. She got dressed and went to the front desk and was told the maintenance person had just left. My wife returned with a fan, and some suggestions on how to get the air conditioner to work again. Eventually I was able to fall asleep, only to be awakened by our next door neighbors pounding on the door, followed by a whole family laughing and yelling at 2:00 in the morning.

I would recommend finding another place to stay, unless the days are cooler and the peak season traffic has left.

• Liked — The staff was friendly
  • Disliked — problems with noise and enviromental controls
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family