“Great Dock!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #120 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Joplin, mo
“Great Dock!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2007

I have been looking for a resort with a boat ramp and docking facilities friendly to my 24 foot boat. The last couple of resorts that we had stayed at had narrow ramps and crummy docks. The boat dock and ramp at indian point was FANTASTIC. The ramp was wide and easy to back down. The dock was well lit, clean, and had built-in plastic bumpers so i did not have to deploy fenders when docking. The swim platform ran the length of the dock, and you could see some of the fireworks from celebration city at night. You also had a great view of the Chateau and the Dam.

The room was O.K. It was clean, with the exception on a lamp that needed dusted on top. I think the room had been smoked in as the smoke odor was quite strong, but i can not hold that against the staff as i did not specifically ask for a non-smoking room. The pool, kiddie pool and hot tub were very clean. The grounds were kept up nice. Gravel roads made it a bit dusty.

The staff were very friendly. I asked if we could continue to use the dock and ramp past checkout, and they invited us to use the facilities all day.

All in all, I was extremely with my stay. We finaly found a resort with a great location by both land and water. We will definitely be coming back for the return trips to branson

• Liked — boat dock
  • Disliked — smokey room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Wichita, KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2007

We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo. It was very nice. The room was relatively clean, and very spacious for a family of 5. The employees were very friendly and accomodating. The only negative is the beds, they were hard as rocks! Most hotel beds are not the most comfortable, but these beds were incredibly hard. Not a good night's sleep if your're looking to relax after a busy day. Other than the beds, the place was great.

• Liked — Very spacious 1 bedroom condo
  • Disliked — Beds were hard as rocks
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2007

Stayed the week of July 15, 2007. Cabin was small but nice and very close to the Lake as well as Silver Dollar City (within 4 miles). A/C was window unit and kept the cabin cool, water from the unit kept the doorway very wet and slick, we used pitcher to catch the water, which helped but didnt detract from the stay. Bed was a little small for me, but then again I'm 6' 2". We enjoyed our stay and even took a peddle boat out for a ride, family enjoyed it. Kids chased Fireflies at night and fed the geese and resident ducks. Even had a deer in our parking spot one night when we returned from Branson, girls loved it. Would opt for a more updated cabin next time, will stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Small bed
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2007

Our family of 6 stayed here last August (just noticed I forgot to post a review), in a 2-BR Condo.

CLEAN - The unit was reasonably clean, except the electric grill on the deck, which was a grease bomb inside and out. Towels were exchanged by hanging them in a bag on the hook outside the door. There was no daily cleaning - it's a condo - and that was fine, as we don't like someone prowling our room when we aren't there.

SERVICE - We had booked online, and check-in was a breeze. Later bought tickets for Dixie Stampede at resort office, and the ladies were very helpful on which roads to take, etc. Checkout was a breeze as well. Very nice folks.

THE ROOM - Good size main room, with view thru trees out to the lake out windows or from deck. Nice and functional bathroom with tub/shower. The beds were fine, the couch comfy, and the dining table a real pleasure, as it was big enough for us all to sit down and eat together -- hard to do in a hotel room. Kitchen was well equipped and handy.

OUTDOORS - Saw deer, racoons, and lots of squirrels from the deck. The lake is down a short grade -- it's good to have sandles or watershoes for the walk, as there are rocks, stickery plants, etc. The swim dock is basic, but great fun -- just a deck area at the end of the boat dock, with a ladder to climb out (or I'd still be in the lake). We didn't have a boat, so don't know about boat-related amenities -- looked like a nice dock setup, though. Table Rock is still Table Rock -- warm, greenish-clear water, and one of my favorite lakes anywhere.

LOCATION - Nice spot. Minutes to Silver Dollar City, with no traffic until you get to the parking lots at SDC and meet the cars coming from Branson. It worked out great to come and go with such ease and so quickly. (kept me a Happy Pappy). With the new roads in and around Branson, you can really get into town and back more easily than I had guessed ... but we were there during the week before school started, and I think the crowds were down quite a bit. I still have flashbacks of nearly running out of gas during a hour-long, half-mile drive-and-sit on 76 a few years back, and this trip was much easier traveling.

VALUE - The condo wasn't cheap, but it wasn't bad considering that we'd need two hotel rooms to replace it, and that we were able to easily prepare our own meals several times, and reheat Take-n-Bake pizza we grabbed at the Mart on the way in.

BOTTOM LINE - Good setup for a family, especially if you have a boat (or rent one), and I would stay here again with the kids. If it were me and my wife alone, I'd probably go to the Chalet (or actually, I'd probably go to Colorado).

• Liked — The Lake, and the easy drive to and from Silver Dollar City -- oops, forgot the pool!
  • Disliked — The greasy outdoor grill.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank NotDave
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2007

We could have stayed in an RV, but we decided we wanted a nice place for our Branson stay. I went online and viewed a number of options and based on their website, I believed that the lodge at Indian Point Resort sounded like what I was looking for.

When we arrived at the room the damp/old odor hit us immediately. We were quite disappointed with the aged appearance of the room. Although the furnishings were the same as the photo online, it was apparent that the photos had been taken years before we arrived.

Regret had already set in before we even went to bed. The King bed I thought I booked was two twins made up separately and placed together. I have had two back surgeries (2000-2001) so my evaluation of the bed is critical, but these felt like cheap mattresses 20 years old. I was in so much pain by 4:00a.m. that I got up and got a shower, dressed, and went to sit in the car till my husband got up.

The next morning we complained, but were not allowed to get a refund for even the two additional nights we had already paid for.
The only concession we received was an offer to move to the new condos for an additional $60 per night or a move to their cabins. We moved to a cabin, and it provided an acceptable nights sleep, although no better than the RV we could have rented for $28 per night.

We spent $428 for three nights in May, Wed-Fri, and that included tickets to Silver Dollar City and Mickey Gilley for Two. That would have cost us about $150, making the room $92 per night.

If you don't want to pay the cost for the Condos don't stay at Indian Point Resort.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Old/worn out and smelly - poor customer service
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SandyBOregon
Troy, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2007

Really well equiped condo that had everything you could need, fireplace, electric grill on porch overlooking the lake, club house, games, books, 3 tvs. Also very clean.

Would be great for families. It ran only 62$ a night for each couple and we each had our own bathroom.

• Liked — Everything you could need in a condo was provided
  • Disliked — 3rd floor location but the step had a lot of landings to rest on
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hot Springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2006

We have stayed at Indian Point 5 times in the last 3 years and every time has been wonderful!

The rooms were clean, the view was great. We will be back!

• Liked — View, rooms, fireplace.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple