“Where do i start? Not what we expected !!!”

Wyndham Branson at The Meadows
Ranked #40 of 140 Hotels in Branson
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Kansas City,MO
“Where do i start? Not what we expected !!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Lets start out by saying it was our 8th Anniversary and was looking forward to a week away. SO where do i start? The bed was the worst matress i have ever slept on, after examining the matress i noticed it didnt match the box springs so that may be a sign in a cheap replacement. There was not a hot tub at the resort but they were so nice to have a tram that would drive you 2 miles away to one at another resort (much needed after a night on the rock bed). I prefer one onsite within walking distance but to some people it wouldnt matter.

We got back to the resort Sat night and there was not a single parking space so we called the front deck and ask what to do, they sent security and the nice lady that came said its an ongoing problem and no one seems to care so just park in the No Parking Zone-(the" towed a owners expense" sign worried me a little) so i went to bed with my fingers crossed and she was right the car was still there in the morning. Overall the room was nice and clean, I would have thought they would have opt for a tv bigger then 19" but hey i was on vacation and wasnt there to watch tv - so as long as it told me the weather i was fine.

Once you climbed into the rock bed and turned off the light you was welcomed with the nice bright glow of the outside hall lighting but that wasnt a big deal to me but to some it may be a problem if you like it dark. We were lucky enough to have good neighbors that was gone alot but if they had there tv on or they were talking- we herd it. The walls are very thin and if you got stuck next to the wrong people it would be a mojor problem.

We checked in on Friday and ened up leaving on Monday and surrended our other 4 nights due to the fact we just couldnt deal with the bed situation and would rather just pay for a different room where we could sleep. I have stayed at many Wyndham resorts and will more then likely stay in many more but this one is NOT what we normally get, we were thinking maybe this area was newly purchased as an addition to the main resort and they havent got threw the growing pains of it yet- you check in about 2 miles down the road at the main resort and that is where everything is at so it makes since that this was an afterthough. WE SURE HOPE SO!

Hope this helps - pls note everyone has a dif expectations and some may thank it is the greatest place ever and some may feel like we did but nomally we are easy to pls but just had some bad luck on this stay-

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank kcbuggy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Kansas
Reviewed August 8, 2009

The Wyndham was wonderful! The most excellent place I've stayed. The pullout couch was comfy, and there was a king sized bed. Though the pool facilities were crowded, they were still fun to get in. There were 47 people in the pool I went to at night. i loved the kitchen, and that the TV in the bedroom was as big as the one in the living room. When I come back to Branson, I want to stay at the Wyndham again!!

Lazer tag girl

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank Lazertaggirl
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed August 1, 2009

We were very pleased with our stay here at the Wyndham Meadows. First, our room was very clean. And, we found the staff to be very helpful. Whenever we ran out of something, they were quick to bring it to the room. Our room was also quiet, which was especially nice for napping children.

We were originally worried about it being too far off the strip, but it is nice and close to everything in Branson, which was great. Honestly, after going there, I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't want to stay on the strip. The pools were clean, as well as the playground. It was especially nice having a washer and dryer in the room.

This room was booked using of Hotwire; however, I think you can get a better deal with the AAA rate or booking directly.

If you are looking for a family friendly place with a nice amount of space, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank four_j
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed June 27, 2009

We stayed at this resort for the week before Easter with another couple. This resort seems fairly new, furnishings were not worn and in good repair. Kitchen was had everything we needed, but no real space to store food! Only a few cabinets and they held the dishes/pans, ect. We had a 2 bedroom condo that had lots of room and a small balcony that overlooked a stream and playground. We purchased the week through 'extra vacations' on RCI and were very happy with our choice. The resort is NOT close to the 76 strip in Branson, but only a few miles drive away. We are very familiar with the area and travel there often, so we knew the location. You will have to drive to shows, stores, grocery,etc.

There is a small indoor pool for use in the off season, lots of kids there - but it was Easter break. There are outdoor pools arranged between sets of buildings for when the weather is warm. The resort offers activities and had a nice center with a game room, large meeting room and small 'spa' that offered massages, tanning and a fitness room. We did buy some show tickets at a discount at the resort - and some you could get also provided transportation! This would be a plus if you didn't know your way around or didn't want to fight the Hwy 76 traffic.

Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank den&holly
Indiana
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Had a wonderful time here. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. Rooms were nice sized and very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank pacerzfan
jennlynnmahan80
Reviewed April 30, 2009

I just booked our third week long trip here for September 2009. We stayed at the Wyndham Branson at the Meadows in May 2008 and then again in November 2008.

Let me first say that we are not RCI members, but I purchased the week stays through an unrelated online auction site. We were more than pleased both times we stayed, which I guess is obvious since we have booked another trip. My twins were a little more than a year old the first time we stayed. It was great to have a condo where they had a room for naps and we could still watch t.v. without disturbing them. That never would have happened in a hotel room. Both times we were there it was two cold for the outdoor pools to be open, but they looked very nice. We took advantage of the indoor pool several times during our stay. They do have a hot tub, but it is located outside. That was one thing that I wish they would change. It would be great to be able to enjoy the hot tub during the winter months. The kitchens were very nice. It allowed us to eat breakfast and sometimes lunch there instead of being out the expense of eating out the whole time. Overall, we were very pleased with the grounds. We took several walks outside to look at the ducks in the pond and of course play on the playground.

My favorite part of the stay was the jaccuzzi tub in the master bedroom. I took advantage of the tub almost every day of our stay!

I was also pleased to find a tanning bed and game room on the grounds. The tanning bed was a little expensive, but gave me a great way to relax while my husband and children were napping. On a couple of occassions, I also visited the internet room - where they have three computers and printers set up. It was a great way to research a couple of things while we were there.

I have been to Branson many times in my lifetime and think it is a great little family vacation spot. We look forward to our upcoming trip to the Branson at the Meadows and are hoping to be able to use the outdoor pools this time!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank jennlynnmahan80
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 1, 2009

First off there are multiple owners/companies at this location. We booked through an owners website apperently (we thought it was Wyndham) and when we arrived there were problems and the Wyndham workers on the property said they could do nothing about it. We thought we were booking a nice Wyndham condo but we got an 1980's condo with no elevators for my son who has spina bifida. He had to walk up steps everywhere on the property. Somehow they got around the ADA even for the new areas on site. The condo was clean but had no remodling done since I was born! And it was over $200 a night. Would not recommend this property for the money. We usually stay at Marriott properties and would have in Branson but the Horizons was booked so we thought we would take a chance on another brand but would never stay here again.

Stayed July 2008